Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back home from living abroad, no one really cares

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I think the uncomfortable reality might be you were never that close to begin with, i'm currently living abroad myself and there's about 4-5 friends i speak to on a regular basis. others i haven't spoken to in months or even since i left Ireland. I don't feel bitter about it either, at the end of the day everyone has their own life to get on with. It's also maybe hard to connect again, people change a lot especially in their mid 20s i find and truth is they might have a very new life which you have no part in. How long were you away for i'm guessing more than a few months people move on quickly and sometimes friendships just reach at conclusion when people change.

I haven't read all the posts, but I will be going home in 5 weeks, after 18 months living & working abroad.
    I don't expect any kind of fanfare, not do i expect people to be running around wanting to meet me.
    Life goes on!
    I will go meet my friends & spend time with them & my family.
    I will, hopefully, Just slot back into where i was before I left.
    I'm not special because I was away, neither are you OP.
    Make the effort, meet up with people if they are really not interested, they're not really friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Maybe you should've read the read of the thread

Maybe you should've read the read of the thread

Why? Read most of it, & just giving my opinion as a person living overseas & going home soon.
    Relevant I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

She mentioned that the friends had stabbed her in the back previously. Did you see this at all?

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread. Goodnight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement