Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-11-2018, 13:22   #16
Graham

Mod Note

Threads merged
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-11-2018, 14:51   #17
shelly24

We still have no news, my husband has been phoning since 9am, he was told at 9 that she would be in a meeting until 2 so he rang at 2 to be told she went to a meeting at 2 for the rest of the afternoon
07-11-2018, 14:54   #18
amcalester

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly24 View Post
We still have no news, my husband has been phoning since 9am, he was told at 9 that she would be in a meeting until 2 so he rang at 2 to be told she went to a meeting at 2 for the rest of the afternoon
I'd be in the solicitors office waiting until I got an answer.
07-11-2018, 15:45   #19
shelly24

He just spoke to her and we are none the wiser, there is an indemnity bond that’s signed by the builder but one digit is missing from the date and there’s no company seal on it.
I don’t know if every other house in the estate is the same or just ours. Houses have sold recently and there were no issues so I don’t get why we are so stuck.
She said the bank won’t let us have the money without the indemnity but our mortgage was drawn down last week and is in the solicitors account
07-11-2018, 16:19   #20
winksblinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly24 View Post
mortgage was drawn down last week and is in the solicitors account
If a mortgage I was liable to repay was sitting in the account of a solicitor who was not responding to my calls/emails I would be camped out on their doorstep till it was resolved.

Have you had contact with the builder/site foreman through the build and purchase to clarify matters with them?

It all sounds like very odd behaviour on the part of your solicitor. Can you contact the Law Society for guidance given that you say the solicitor has the drawn down mortgage in her account?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 20:23   #21
DrDonkey

Solicitor had to give certain undertakings to the bank in order to get the funds.

She is obviously not happy with this document. It could be absolutely genuine and the missing digit an oversight.

If she doesnt know herself, she should be finding out urgently, ie within hours, if this is important and if so how to rectify it.

Many solicitors seem to have a warped sense of time and urgency, in my experience.

What is inexcusable is her obvious avoidance of you and her failure to be upfront.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion