Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

list of exchanges with less than 24Mbs available

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

JPC2006 wrote: »
    I having same issues really bad broadband speeds.. The best i can get is around 1.8mb. Sometimes i would only get 0.5mb. i am living just outside Duleek co Meath.. The cabinet i am out of is DLK1-004

You'd nearly have to be in the town or closer to it. I live in Millrace Duleek and I get 28-30Mb/s some people close to the cabinets can get 90Mb/s . How far outside Duleek are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

JPC2006 wrote: »
    I having same issues really bad broadband speeds.. The best i can get is around 1.8mb. Sometimes i would only get 0.5mb. i am living just outside Duleek co Meath.. The cabinet i am out of is DLK1-004

Not the topic of this thread, its about slow exchanges, you're just far from a fast exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JPC2006

what is topic meant to be ????????

I am meant to be on a 24 Mb connection.. I live around 3 KM from the cabinet i am meant to be connected to...

i only get speeds i called out in original post..

There are exchanges where even if you live next door you get 3Mb, these are the topic of this thread. You're just on a long line so the problem is individual to you and your neighbors closer to town will get the full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David Maye

David Maye wrote: »
    Township of Cloonkerry. 3.5 Mb Max 3mile from Ballinrobe Exchange.

One mile from Ballinrobe up to 18 Mb and higher with fibre.

Regards.

Hi guys just to let you know I switched to Imagine and now my speeds are as follows 65Mb download 8.7 Upload a big jump from 3.5 Mb with Vodafone.
    Regards

Ps sorry I know it is not part of this thread but I am so happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Moycullen Galway 8Mbs
    We only getting 1.78Mbs due to distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Moycullen Galway 8Mbs
    We only getting 1.78Mbs due to distance

Moycullen has FTTC and FTTH. Your distance is letting you down I'd say.....

430947.JPG

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Moycullen has FTTC and FTTH. Your distance is letting you down I'd say.....

430947.JPG
    I was told by eir over the phone that the exchange I am connected to is 8mbs, and I can only get 1.7mbs because of distance, without this phone conversation I wouldn't know the difference between eir exchange and ESB cabinet

Can you check your exchange using eircode

Correct.
    Exchange Information for MOYCULLEN Exchange Code: MYN

VDSL
    ADSL
    General
    Enabled

Yes
    DSL Service

Max speed 8Mb (ADSL1)

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Correct.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ED E wrote: »
    Correct.

So are they telling porkies on their network map or have they not launched exchange based VDSL?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    So are they telling porkies on their network map or have they not launched exchange based VDSL?

They can have eVDSL racks but still have legacy ADSL racks. Its not worth swapping the hardware out for a dead product. At 1.7km you're on 7Mb eVDSL but 19Mb for 2+ if it were present so the OP does lose out a bit in that setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Riverstown and Ballyfarnan exchanges (Co. Sligo) are pretty severe.

Ballyfarnan and Geevagh now have FTTH (from Carrick-On-Shannon), but those who are still on ADSL or outside of FTTH reach are on ADSL1.

At 3 Mbit/s sync, you won't see more than 2 Mbit/s actual. Actually, seen the same issue on a 6 Mbit/s sync about a mile out of Geevagh .. 2-3 Mbit/s actual at most.

Castlebaldwin is part of the Riverstown exchange. Here comes the best one. 1 1/2 years ago KN strung fiber from Riverstown to Castlebaldwin. They've left loops every couple poles, as if FTTH DPs are going to be fitted.

That entire stretch is not part of the 300k, there are no FTTH DPs on the poles and the FTTC cabinet in Castlebaldwin is still not enabled, as the fiber from Riverstown to Castlebaldwin still isn't lit. I've been told (hear say), that the DSLAM even hasn't gone into the cab yet.

Oh .. and 4G networks are overloaded, too ... for obvious reasons .. all 3 networks, even with external antenna on the roof and full signal, will max out around 3-5 Mbit/s depending on time of day.

Lots of homes on a shoe-string there.

/M

Advertisement