Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overused hashtags/phrases from social media that make your blood boil

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

#feelingblessed. Fcuk off

Elliott S wrote: »
    Agreed, I love them. Absolutely love them. They are an art form.

My favourite is this one:

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/db/d5/dbd57bcbb3fff7245025a39061012200.png

That emoji is what's missing from this site. I've wanted a quizzical emoji for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

"Netflix and chill" We used to call it watching telly.

"Girlies " there's not one of ye under 30 and most of ye are nearer 50 than 20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hun...

Addressing anyone as 'hun' . #hatethat****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Lisha wrote: »
    Hun...

Hun used to have a different meaning aswell. A derogatory term for our prodestant friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Few days ago on Facebook
    #alwayshealthy
    #healthy
    #healthyfood
    #detox
    #water
    #happyandhealthy
    #lookingaftermyhealth

Followed by a picture of bottle of water .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

pic of Questbar #gainz *1 million likes!*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

#coloncleanse
    #detox
    #juicingit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Anything in text speak, my mother in law who is in her 60s uses it.
    Hashtagging every word in a sentence,

anything gym/fitness related on social media really boils my p'iss - such a 2010's thing, that unashamed sharing of such stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Lisha wrote: »
    Hun...

...or 'hon'. Why oh why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

#WokeUpLikeThis

Only learned about this recently myself. Made famous from a song by Beyonce. Ironically people doing themselves up then taking pictures proclaiming that's how they naturally look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

People with awful spelling.

Grate - my aunt uses it the whole time, and it's never about cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Candie wrote: »
    Cuck, libtard, feminazi, special snowflake, generation me, looney lefty, virtue signalling, white knights, etc., etc., The usual stuff.

Still don't understand why the phrase feminazi is allowed on boards

Its basically flaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Im not sure if the following qualifies.
    Using the word "brewskis" as a synonym for beer makes me want to stab the offender with a chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why do people say girl boss? Can you not just say boss? The very need to use the word "girl" is implying that only men have boss potential. It's irritating beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hashtag LivingLife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Your Face wrote: »
    Im not sure if the following qualifies.
    Using the word "brewskis" as a synonym for beer makes me want to stab the offender with a chair.

This post shows me that you will never please everyone and should just use whatever damn words you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Meh, hashtags don't bother me. They're not going away anytime soon either so you either get over it or continue to let it rile you up.

I do love emojis though and use them constantly. I don't really see how it's any different from using the smileys on boards except that there's a lot more choice. Also, it still wrecks my head that you can't use smileys on boards!! Want more and younger users? Allow emojis...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I do love emojis though and use them constantly. I don't really see how it's any different from using the smileys on boards except that there's a lot more choice. Also, it still wrecks my head that you can't use smileys on boards!! Want more and younger users? Allow emojis...

Funnily enough I love the :rolleyes: on boards and until very recently there wasn't an equivalent emoji on the smartphones - it would really annoy me that I couldn't express myself adequately when texting :D
    Tis all good now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

#sheliftsbro
    #strongnotskinny
    #bootygainz
    #quadgains

Advertisement