Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Disney+ for 2 months with Fortnitr purchases.

• 03-12-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

From now through Dec 30 2020, purchase V-Bucks or make any real money purchase in the item shop, and get up to 2 Months of Disney+. T & C apply.

visit www.fortnite.com/disney-plus to learn more.

One of the kids had bought the Fortnite Crew sub for a month and this message popped up. Went to link and got 2 months free Disney+. Must remember to cancel before the recurring charge kicks in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    From now through Dec 30 2020, purchase V-Bucks or make any real money purchase in the item shop, and get up to 2 Months of Disney+. T & C apply.

visit www.fortnite.com/disney-plus to learn more.

One of the kids had bought the Fortnite Crew sub for a month and this message popped up. Went to link and got 2 months free Disney+. Must remember to cancel before the recurring charge kicks in.

What's the cheapest thing that can be bought within the rules of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

mystic86 wrote: »
    What's the cheapest thing that can be bought within the rules of this offer?

Not sure, He was getting it anyway and it was €13.

In the faq it states:

DO REAL-MONEY PURCHASES INCLUDE THE PURCHASE OF V-BUCKS?
    Yes, purchasing any quantity of V-Bucks (regardless of how you purchase your V-Bucks, including via a credit card payment in-game or by redeeming a V-Bucks card you purchased at a retail outlet like Target or Wal-Mart) is considered a real-money purchase. Please note that purchases made using V-Bucks are not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

A quick Google says you can buy some vbucks for 7.99. Is that cheaper then just paying for Disney+?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Cheers. Got two months free as the young lads had spent €20 a week ago on it.

Reminder set for 1st Feb to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

McGaggs wrote: »
    A quick Google says you can buy some vbucks for 7.99. Is that cheaper then just paying for Disney+?

By pure coincidence my lad bough V-bucks last night for €7.99 - I tried this today and got the 2 months free! This will come in handy over Christmas.

Thanks op for the tip off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

If you are subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you can get 1 month free with no additional purchase. Also I took a look at the fortnite shop last night and the cheapest thing I saw was €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Where do you buy the €4 item? Know nothing about fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Where do you buy the €4 item? Know nothing about fortnite.

Scroll through the store in Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

Yeah it's the Serpent Pack you're supposed to buy apparently. I'm not eligible for the promotion it seems. :(

Scroll through the store in Fortnite.
    It is fortnite.ie? .com? shop.fortnite?

I Googled and came up with some TRN site. Is that the correct one?

• Advertisement

Um you install the game Fortnite? And there's an in game store? Just guessing as I've never played it myself.

Ah ok, sorry, thought it was a website I bought from.

Big thread over at HUKD if you get stuck:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-months-free-disney-with-purchase-of-v-bucks-or-purchase-in-fortinte-item-shop-3579932
    Credit @drjat

Go to Epic Games website from your computer/pc.
    Sign up for new Epic Games account and install the Epic Games Launcher (download available from Epic Games website). Go to Epic Games launcher and Install Fortnite Game on computer (free but 26 GB big install).
    Launch the Fortnite Game and then buy the Street Serpent pack (available in offers - cost £3.19). Use this pack in the game (it will automatically give you options to do so). Exit the game.
    Go back to Epic Games launcher and click 'account management . This will
    open your account in browser (like chrome or your default browser on pc). Go and check that you have £3.19 purchase in your transactions. Do not close the browser and open fortnite.com/dis…lus (http://fortnite.com/disneyplus) - then click on the link to activate offer. It will take you to Disney plus website.
    Create Disney plus account using same email or Epic Games login.

Credit @vegalz0r

Download epic games on samsung app store.
    Download Fortnite.
    Buy the £3.19 skin pack.
    Refresh fortnite.com/dis…lus (http://fortnite.com/disneyplus) after 5 minutes.

Brilliant, thanks VanZan, that sounds like just the type of step by step guide I needed.

VanZan wrote: »
    Launch the Fortnite Game and then buy the Street Serpent pack (available in offers - cost £3.19)

I've done the steps up to here but I cannot find this pack in the item store and it seems the store isn't searchable :confused:

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Did you get sorted? In my case It turns out the page says "not eligible" until you buy something in the Fortnite store. So I went ahead and installed Fortnite. Went to the store, scrolled down and bought the Street Serpent Pack for €4. Equipped it, exited and went back to the original link.

Two months of Disney Plus for €4 over Christmas ain't bad! And it was an existing but lapsed account I had.

VanZan wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? In my case It turns out the page says "not eligible" until you buy something in the Fortnite store. So I went ahead and installed Fortnite. Went to the store, scrolled down and bought the Street Serpent Pack for €4. Equipped it, exited and went back to the original link.

Two months of Disney Plus for €4 over Christmas ain't bad! And it was an existing but lapsed account I had.

No, I'm on mac and it seems the game is only up to season 3 on mac and this is a pack from season 4.

Does it work if the purchase is on the playstation store?

According to the HUKD thread it's worked for people on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have PS5 and would love to get it. What is the date by which you need to redeem it?

Thanks,
    M

Advertisement