Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Yeah concannon is no cert or anything but he has to be Galways front runner. I think some of the odds compilers are hopeless,powers had Galligan at 3s last Monday afternoon,one my friends back it.However they got 3s is a mystery,odds on now,barring a nightmare v the dubs he has it.

I think it's a shade of value alright, not something I'd say too often about boyles! I thought the 4s elsewhere looked fair, so 6s is not bad at all. Wonder will it stay at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

Canning will definitely get one I feel. I think he been very impressive in a more of a play maker role this year. Nailing 4 sidelines in one game and also having to be stretchered off the pitch will be things that stick with the voters which I think also helps his case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Canning will definitely get one I feel. I think he been very impressive in a more of a play maker role this year. Nailing 4 sidelines in one game and also having to be stretchered off the pitch will be things that stick with the voters which I think also helps his case

Why would he get an all star for being stretchered off?
    Fair enough, his sidelines were excellent. He also missed two frees though.

His contribution from play has been poor the last couple of games and the two prior was nothing remarkable. Twould be the softest all star anyone ever got were he to get one and I cannot believe the odds.

Why would he get an all star for being stretchered off?
    Fair enough, his sidelines were excellent. He also missed two frees though.

His contribution from play has been poor the last couple of games and the two prior was nothing remarkable. Twould be the softest all star anyone ever got were he to get one and I cannot believe the odds.

Because the voting for all stars every year is a joke and the ones voting on it will remember Canning being stretchered off as well as hitting 4 sidelines over. More sympathy votes as he is one of the top hurlers of this generation he will gather votes easier. I haven’t said he deserves one just think that will help his case with the journalists etc voting on the award

Wether Tony Kelly gets picked for his all star at midfield or forwards will have a huge bearing. I think there is one spot up for grabs in the back line and It’s possibly between Dan Morrissey at 7/2 and Shane McNulty 5/1 whoever comes out on top on all ireland final day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Wether Tony Kelly gets picked for his all star at midfield or forwards will have a huge bearing. I think there is one spot up for grabs in the back line and It’s possibly between Dan Morrissey at 7/2 and Shane McNulty 5/1 whoever comes out on top on all ireland final day

Possibly, they might do something like put Callum Lyons in corner back to facilitate Byrnes and Hayes at wing backs. All depends on the final, I actually dunno has there ever been a more up in the air selection than this year.

I honestly dunno what way it'll go if Limerick were to lose the final.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40110941.html

The Irish Examiner current all star selections

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I'd pretty much agree with that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I think looking at that it just shows how many will depend on the final - Prunty v Morrissey, Hayes v Lyons are two prime examples. Tom Morrissey wouldn't have been on too many teams before last weekend, just shows the weight the semis and final have on these.

Personally I thought Concannon was Galway's best forward but neither the oddsmakers or the Examiner agree! And Joe Canning has gotten All Stars for less than what he did this year so I wouldn't rule him out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think looking at that it just shows how many will depend on the final - Prunty v Morrissey, Hayes v Lyons are two prime examples. Tom Morrissey wouldn't have been on too many teams before last weekend, just shows the weight the semis and final have on these.

Personally I thought Concannon was Galway's best forward but neither the oddsmakers or the Examiner agree! And Joe Canning has gotten All Stars for less than what he did this year so I wouldn't rule him out at all.

Might be worth backing Conor Prunty and Dan Morrissey? Both around 3/1 currently. I don't think there's been an obvious standout full-back this year so there's a chance it'll go to the winners of the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I see the 20/1 on Cavan is gone. Best price 18s but generally 16s. Dubs best price 1/50 but generally 1/100, having been out at 1/125 with bet 365 at one stage.

Is that not a terrible price for Cavan? If they're saying the Dubs only lose 1 in 100 how can they expect Cavan to win 1 in every 16. The handicap at -13 still looks like value to me but I expected it to come down to 11 or 12 when I saw Cavans price lowered. Wont go in again on -13 but will if it comes down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

dobman88 wrote: »
    I see the 20/1 on Cavan is gone. Best price 18s but generally 16s. Dubs best price 1/50 but generally 1/100, having been out at 1/125 with bet 365 at one stage.

Is that not a terrible price for Cavan? If they're saying the Dubs only lose 1 in 100 how can they expect Cavan to win 1 in every 16. The handicap at -13 still looks like value to me but I expected it to come down to 11 or 12 when I saw Cavans price lowered. Wont go in again on -13 but will if it comes down a bit.

Just to help you with those odds if you put a euro on Cavan to win at odds of 20/1 that means you will lose one euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just to help you with those odds if you put a euro on Cavan to win at odds of 20/1 that means you will lose one euro.

:pac: I know that. I've no intention of backing them. I was more referencing the odds decreasing but the handicap staying the same. I'm confident in Dublin winning by 16 which is what I thought the handicap would be since Cavan won Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jfk66

Cavan over 11.5 points @4/5 with paddy seems value as even Meath who got tanked mustered 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Anyone else think 4/1 on Tipperary to beat Mayo on Sunday is over-generous.

This Tipperary team will not be phased by the game, they are actually far more seasoned than what is a rookie Mayo team in transition.

I think there is a good chance that Mayo's in-play odds would drift to 1/2 or better if Tipperary can recreate the intensity they showed against Cork. Quids in on Mayo then and pray it doesn't end level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings Selections 5/12/2020:

Cavan to score a goal (Dublin vs Cavan)
    3pts 6-5 Boylesports

Ciaran Kilkenny Footballer of the Year (All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2020)
    5pts 2-1 Paddy Power

Running Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 204.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -11.45
    Jennings Total Selections: 92
    Jennings Total Winners: 32
    %: 33.71%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 116
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -13.68
    Boylan Total Selections: 67
    Boylan Total Winners: 22
    %: 32.84%

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

Boyles have J.Small, Mcdaid, Murchan not to score @ 4.5.

Seems a touch big. 3 starters this year but twice in previous games one of those scored and one of those games it was Small who popped up for a point. Dublin scored 4-46 in those games. Hopefully it'll be a bit more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

This Tipperary team will not be phased by the game, they are actually far more seasoned than what is a rookie Mayo team in transition.

I think there is a good chance that Mayo's in-play odds would drift to 1/2 or better if Tipperary can recreate the intensity they showed against Cork. Quids in on Mayo then and pray it doesn't end level.

No - I don't think so - it will be close that is why PP set the line at 5 points but no Mayo will will win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just spotted a bet on PP and thought it be worth sharing. It’s one of Mullanes picks.
    De Burca, TJ Reid, T Kelly, S Bennett & Barron all to get an all star
    That’s evens

I think that will come in
    Think TJ & Tony have done enough.
    The Waterford boys should be ok as is but if they get 7/8 out performances in the final that should seal it.

Just spotted a bet on PP and thought it be worth sharing. It’s one of Mullanes picks.
    De Burca, TJ Reid, T Kelly, S Bennett & Barron all to get an all star
    That’s evens

I think that will come in
    Think TJ & Tony have done enough.
    The Waterford boys should be ok as is but if they get 7/8 out performances in the final that should seal it.

Seen it and was almost tempted but I don't think its good value to be honest, 33% of the All Star team before the final, I would want more than evens. Jamie Barron is the dodgy one for me, forward line is very competitive and I have a feeling they will move Cian Lynch to Mid Field to offset this meaning Barron looses out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Can't agrue that Mayo could very well trade 1/2 inplay, but even at that, you are staking 1pt at 4/1, then your possible 4pt gain @1/2 for a 2 pts return. So would be 5pts stake for a 1 pt profit. Draw beats you and Tipp win you are flat - so you are laying the draw at 5/1 in a Tipp no bet 3-way market. Don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Cillian O'Connor Vs Conor Sweeney score match bet. PP have CoC @4/6 Vs 11/10 Sweeney. Boils have it 2/5 Vs 7/4. Some value on onside there.

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Cillian O'Connor Vs Conor Sweeney score match bet. PP have CoC @4/6 Vs 11/10 Sweeney. Boils have it 2/5 Vs 7/4. Some value on onside there.

Are they draw no bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Seen it and was almost tempted but I don't think its good value to be honest, 33% of the All Star team before the final, I would want more than evens. Jamie Barron is the dodgy one for me, forward line is very competitive and I have a feeling they will move Cian Lynch to Mid Field to offset this meaning Barron looses out.

Yea that’s a fair point. Barron is the one that’s dodgy. I think if he plays well he could get in, he is showing real form. I think the media love Lynch so he is ahead in the pecking order.I’d personally have Barron ahead of lynch on games played.
    Il sit on it for a few days

Are they draw no bet?

yep

yep

Good stuff, I might have to do an account closing arb so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Can't agrue that Mayo could very well trade 1/2 inplay, but even at that, you are staking 1pt at 4/1, then your possible 4pt gain @1/2 for a 2 pts return. So would be 5pts stake for a 1 pt profit. Draw beats you and Tipp win you are flat - so you are laying the draw at 5/1 in a Tipp no bet 3-way market. Don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

I agree with that. And a draw would blow the lot!

But if Mayo dropped lower than 1/2, then trading against both teams starts making sense.

Either way, a small bet on Tipp at 4/1 for the entertainment value, sit tight and see what happens in-play is how I'm playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Any thoughts on Dean Rock to score 9 or more at 3-1. Think he will be good for at least one goal and combine this with a high number of freesia I think Cavan will have to foul a lot.

Seems good value

Good stuff, I might have to do an account closing arb so. Thanks.

Hardly worth it is it? But there is clear value on either end - which one is the question. Lower range of scorers for Tipp vs Mayo where they are well spread. Having said that Tipp gave up 6 pts to frees Vs Cork (think Collins missed a gimme as well off top of my head) so CoC could have 5-6 from frees alone.

• Advertisement

I agree with that. And a draw would blow the lot!

But if Mayo dropped lower than 1/2, then trading against both teams starts making sense.

Either way, a small bet on Tipp at 4/1 for the entertainment value, sit tight and see what happens in-play is how I'm playing it.

Probably better trying to get on via the exchange, should get a little over 4/1, and a fairer inplay price than with the books (assuming liquidity won't be an issue if large stakes)

Advertisement