Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coffee Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

just bought a aeropress unit and 2 x bags of 200g velo coffee off their site for 37.50 inc shipping.

https://velocoffee.ie/products/aeropress-and-coffee-bundle-1?_pos=1&_sid=fed20921e&_ss=r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

just bought a aeropress unit and 2 x bags of 200g velo coffee off their site for 37.50 inc shipping.

https://velocoffee.ie/products/aeropress-and-coffee-bundle-1?_pos=1&_sid=fed20921e&_ss=r

Thanks for that, purchased for use at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

mossie wrote: »
    Thanks for that, purchased for use at work.

You must have bought the last one, Sold Out now!

DilD wrote: »
    You must have bought the last one, Sold Out now!

Got lucky so:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

West Cork Coffee - valid until Monday

* Coffee + Equipment *

10% code: WCC6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

The velocoffee aeropresss deal seems to be back in stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Red_Open wrote: »
    The velocoffee aeropresss deal seems to be back in stock now

Thanks for this alert.
    Just purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Love my Aeropress, use it everyday for the past two years.
    Totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah I use mine multiple times per day, so handy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Lidl-SO-Coffee.jpg

Spotted these in Lidl earlier and bought a bag of the Ethiopian for €1.99. I also bought a bag of Velo Ratnagiri estate Indian in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

I've tried them long a go , they not bad for the money , found it quite challenging for the grinder though, had to grind it at finest setting to get decent flow ( I probably have to recalibrate my Vario , but this is beside the point )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Used them a lot in the past and for the cost of them I found the good. Id did find a strange taste of the Ethopian (I can only describe it as a beetroot taste, mad I know). Thought the Coloumbia was fine. T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

any dates on those Lidl ones?

any dates on those Lidl ones?

It's very hard to make out due to the ink being very feint, but it looks like 25/9/2000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

cnocbui wrote: »
    It's very hard to make out due to the ink being very feint, but it looks like 25/9/2000
    :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

There's a Zambian one of those Lidl coffees that's pretty good for the price.

I just had an espresso made with Ponaire Burundi, but in the interest of inquiry, I'll have another made with this......... It's short on extraction at the same grind setting, I had to shut the pump at about 2/3ds the volume I would have got from the Burundi, I think I need a finer grind, but it's a very pleasant and smooth coffee. At €8.76 a kilo it's a bargain. I don't regreat the €1.99 one bit.

The use by date is 09/2022. Got it in Nenagh so quite likely they wouldn't have the turnover of stock you might get in Dublin. I'm quite impressed there is a production date at all.

The Velo has a bbf date of 04/12/2022 and below that COD 30920B which I would guess means a production date of 30/9/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

alec76 wrote: »
    I've tried them long a go , they not bad for the money , found it quite challenging for the grinder though, had to grind it at finest setting to get decent flow ( I probably have to recalibrate my Vario , but this is beside the point )

I couldn’t get a shot of espresso out of these beans at all on my Gaggia mdf even at the finest grind setting.

Completely under extracted every time.

I can’t put my finger on why either because I get a decent shot of espresso on about 5 or 6 grind on most beans.

Has anyone who purchased this from Velo actually received their order? I got tracking details last week but it doesn't appear to have actually been picked up by UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

In my previous experience with Velo they can be slow enough to ship.

• Advertisement

Talguetler wrote: »
    In my previous experience with Velo they can be slow enough to ship.

I got a previous order very quickly but this seems to be stuck at their end. I'm waiting for them to get back to me at the moment.

Edit Apparently they didn't have the Aeropress in stock when they took the order (even though it said in stock) so will be eating until they get stock in.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l5lr

I ordered something from Velo showing as in stock, after I emailed them a week later, they admitted it wasn't in stock but that it was due in the next week. I opted to wait and they emailed back a week later advising it'd be January before they had stock.

Inventory management seems to be a foreign concept to them, so you might be waiting a while to get your order.

l5lr wrote: »
    I ordered something from Velo showing as in stock, after I emailed them a week later, they admitted it wasn't in stock but that it was due in the next week. I opted to wait and they emailed back a week later advising it'd be January before they had stock.

Inventory management seems to be a foreign concept to them, so you might be waiting a while to get your order.

Thanks, hopefully won't be that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Where would be the fastest place to order an aeropress from?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

They'd all be pretty much as quick as each other to order from. Its the delivery you need to look out for :pac:

I always find Badger and Dodo, 3FE and Coffee Angel very prompt. Anywhere you're paying for delivery would mean you should get it Tuesday, ordering today.

PaddyCar wrote: »

Where are you based? Almost all speciality coffee shops will carry aeropress in stock

PaddyCar wrote: »

Ponaire have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

DilD wrote: »
    Where are you based? Almost all speciality coffee shops will carry aeropress in stock

I'd say Coffee Angel might even get it to you on Monday - they hand deliver sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Going to gift an aeropress and an entry-level grinder to a family friend.
    I have a Delonghi KG79, which works fine, but I think the noise will wreck her head. Any ideas for a another grinder? Was considering a Hario Mini Mill

• Advertisement

Going to gift an aeropress and an entry-level grinder to a family friend.
    I have a Delonghi KG79, which works fine, but I think the noise will wreck her head. Any ideas for a another grinder? Was considering a Hario Mini Mill

Timemore C2. But you are better get it off AliExpress as it's half the price as buying here, obviously won't have it before xmas then though... The Harios are pretty poor grinders for the price

Advertisement