Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last Man Standing in aid of Pieta House

Options
  • 05-09-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if mods allow such posts but I hope they do. Apologies if not!

I've been in touch with Pieta House and have been given permission to set up a 'Last Man Standing' competition ahead of the return of the Premier League next weekend. ⚽️ For anyone who has never played before, here’s how it works:
    Pick ONE team each week from the Premier League fixtures, if they WIN you are through to the next round, LOSE or DRAW you are out. Competition carries on until one clear winner remains. Simple!

It'll be €10 to play each time and the pot will be split 50/50 between the winner's prize and fundraising in aid of Pieta House. Will run all season, so lots of chances to win!

Please DM me if you're interested and I'll add you all to the WhatsApp group to play. Thanks everyone! 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

DM to be added to Whatsapp group - support a great charity and have a good chance of winning some cash. Win win!

Game #1 in this season's Last Man Standing Premier League predictions competition! ��

Rules and T&Cs are as follows:
    - €10 per person to play

- Please transfer money with YOUR NAME as the note/ reference so that I can easily see who has paid. All payments must be made before the first game of that week kicks off.

- Pick ONE team from the Premier League fixtures each week, if they WIN then you are through to the next round. LOSE or DRAW and you are out.

- You cannot pick the same team twice during the same competition - unless the competition lasts long enough for you to have picked all other teams at least once each.

- Picks to be sent to me by the FIRST Premier League game of the weekend. NO EXCEPTIONS.

- If you have paid and are late with your pick, then you will be given the lowest available team in the league.

- It is YOUR responsibility to remember what teams you have already chosen.

- If a game is called off due to unforeseen circumstances (and not re-arranged for prior to the next round of fixtures), those players' picks will class as a win automatically. That team cannot be chosen again.

- Fixtures will be sent out at the start of the week in this Whatsapp group. I will not send fixtures out individually to people.

- If there is no clear winner (i.e. no 'last man standing'), the pot rolls over to the next competition to make a bumper prize for the next time. It will cost a further €10 for all players to join in to play the next competition.

- Get your family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, dogs, wives, husbands and neighbours involved! The more participants we have, the more money we raise for charity – and more money for the winner!

- The pot will be split as follows:
    50% goes to Pieta House
    50% goes to the winner's prize fund

Hi all,

Nobody survived the weekend's crazy results! So, the prize rolls over and we're starting up again

The prize fund is at €280 already before anyone had even paid in to play, so, a good chance to win some money and help out a great charity.

PM if interested in playing. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We're down to the last two in our LMS game this weekend, so should be starting up a new one very soon.

Anyone who is interested, please just PM me for more details.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

we've just had a winner this evening, so we're starting up again on Tuesday night.

Please PM if you and/or any friends or family would like to play. Chance to win some money and guaranteed to help a fantastic charity!

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi all,

We had no winner last time out, so, the prize rolls over and we're starting up again

The prize fund is at €155 already before anyone has even paid in to play, so, a good chance to win some money and help out a great charity.

PM if interested in playing. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement