Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl recycling bins

• 24-10-2020 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

It seems my local lidl has stopped the use of these bins after the tills. They're a great way to remove all the plastic packaging while sending a message at the same time. I've made my concerns known to them directly before about the levels of packaging. There seems to be a glacial change happening alright.

Any other stores after doing this?

Any one else as pedantic as me when it comes to removing the unnecessary packaging? I know there's are other ways to avoid it too but this is just one of many steps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 michael345

It's very good idea knowing that majority of people shop in those supermarkets! They should be responsible as they are selling those products. Instead people are paying thrice - for the product, packaging and disposal. I leave near Greystones and asked Greystones authorities if there's any plans for a recycling center in Greystones, and was told there is not, plus was advise that the nearest one is only 15 drive away - in Bray - wow what a f..n genius idea! Use the private sector amenities by just paying them.

Advertisement