Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Window handles

Options
  • 09-11-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Window handles on a number of my windows are loose.

Not easy to source to replace and draughts are noticeable

Anyone any idea if these can be tightened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Window handles on a number of my windows are loose.

Not easy to source to replace and draughts are noticeable

Anyone any idea if these can be tightened

Pics help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Pics help

Sorry, file didnt upload at my 1st attempt

Attached now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Who supplied the windows? That would be somewhere to start.

Other than that, try Universal Products, just off the Nangor Road....if they don't have what you're looking for, they'll probably know who can.

exaisle wrote: »
    Who supplied the windows? That would be somewhere to start.

Other than that, try Universal Products, just off the Nangor Road....if they don't have what you're looking for, they'll probably know who can.

Munster Joinery but i tried them before and the handles they had were slightly different.

il try Universal Products..thanks

Avoid Munster Joinery like the plague, I've had lots of issues with them and their windows, poor quality control, poor fitting and sealing and extremely poor customer service.

It's bad when you feel wind coming in both through the windows and around the edges around the wall.

I've seen several installations and talked to several people with the same issues.

My latest issue is that I am waiting since October for them to replace the glass in one of the bedroom windows. They are shocking, they will take your money instantly. 70 euro call out fee regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Avoid Munster Joinery like the plague, I've had lots of issues with them and their windows, poor quality control, poor fitting and sealing and extremely poor customer service.

It's bad when you feel wind coming in both through the windows and around the edges around the wall.

I've seen several installations and talked to several people with the same issues.

My latest issue is that I am waiting since October for them to replace the glass in one of the bedroom windows. They are shocking, they will take your money instantly. 70 euro call out fee regardless.

Had them for my new build, fantastic product, fantastic price and great after sales service, already called out for two complimentary service visits since windows have been installed and due out next spring for a final one, can't recommend them highly enough

Our house/estate is 15 years old. Biggest complaint from most is the poor quality in the windows fitted. The above issues quoted being the most common

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you post more pics of the handles? Are they solid wood windows?

Looks like the Shaw handle Munster Joinery used to use.

Advertisement