Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    My foot is so itchy.
    Would love to whip the sock off and give it a good scratch but probably not the most hygienic thing to do in an office.

:eek:

Subliminal message there........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Probably says Blancherstown, Leeslip, Lisburn, instead of Blanchardstown,Leixlip, and Lisbon.

Probably calls Frank Lampard ‘Frank Lambert’

Fcuking Dooobs..... wear me out.

Sean O'Rourke and Dave Fanning say Garjin newspaper for Guardian newspaper, what do they say for Indian...:eek:

Ryan Tubs cant say Bullying he says bulling.. unless he was having an off day when he was doing a programme on it one day..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

selous wrote: »
    Sean O'Rourke and Dave Fanning say Garjin newspaper for Guardian newspaper, what do they say for Indian...:eek:

Ryan Tubs cant say Bullying he says bulling.. unless he was having an off day when he was doing a programme on it one day..

Tubridy also calls ‘tourists’ ’toreists, and calls Sean o’ Rourke ‘Shon o’ Roark.

Lookit,pronunciation out in Montrose is not a strong competency.

Don’t get me going about yer one on ‘it says in the papers’. Please......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

selous wrote: »

He might have been mad (i.e. bulling mad) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No one compares to Nevan Maguire who owns a Restrunt so he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No one compares to Nevan Maguire who owns a Restrunt so he does

And he's on RTE more often than the Angelus.

Seven Worlds will Collide

The price of the new children's hospital, couple of hundred million here another few hundred million there, meh, no problem, sorry, no more money for nurses pay, sozz,
    Is this Fine Gaels Bertie bowl....just dearer..(hope they get the staff to fill it when its finished)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"If you build it they will come" :/

That was a logo on an American prison service t-shirt some years back...(after the film of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

The lights that come on on newer cars when the car indicates or turns corners, its like a fu@kin disco out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No debate on last night's Prime Time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    The lights that come on on newer cars when the car indicates or turns corners, its like a fu@kin disco out there

Fog lights. They're done through sensors on the steering. Turn left for a bend and the left fog lights up. Right and right.

One part of me loves it, because I imagine all the anti-foglight brigade rattling in their seats with impotent rage as some clueless crossover drone """""blinds""""" them on a bend.

Another part of me hates it. Because the. ****ing. Amount. Of people coming into the garage complaining that their car is missing a fog light because it was parked in the yard at night with the wheel turned and they copped it is getting ridiculous....
    And worse still, they start arguing with you when you try to explain it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Why does the guy next door goes on to drill some holes after 8 in the evening despite being home the whole evening?
    It's 9.20pm and he just started drilling right in the adjoining wall, woke the toddler who's terrified of the noise because it's so loud.
    Can someone please just spoon-feed people some common sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

One part of me loves it, because I imagine all the anti-foglight brigade rattling in their seats with impotent rage as some clueless crossover drone """""blinds""""" them on a bend.

Bahahaha, i drive with my fogs on day and night!
    But this on off turning **** is ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone I follow on Instagram put up a picture of her baby on her stories saying “first poo on the toilet today, so proud!” Why. Just why. Who actually gives a flying fcuk apart from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm so fcuking wrecked a lot of the time these days. You know where you're physically and mentally exhausted from having one thing after another to do/organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself. Super tired yesterday got into bed extra early of course I couldn't sleep :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

LirW wrote: »
    Why does the guy next door goes on to drill some holes after 8 in the evening despite being home the whole evening?
    It's 9.20pm and he just started drilling right in the adjoining wall, woke the toddler who's terrified of the noise because it's so loud.
    Can someone please just spoon-feed people some common sense....

We had the exact same thing happen one evening. Went in and asked him to stop. He did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Why won’t it stop fracking raining!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

People who write/type "ect" instead of "etc".

I've just seen this in a different thread and realised again how much it annoys me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

THREAD TITLES IN ALL UPPERCASE

People that put space between the end of the sentence and the question/exclamation mark !

Do you think it cannot be seen otherwise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I think the toaster is on the way out, the control seems to have little effect. The bread is coming out just shy of burnt. Tbf though it's an el cheapo brand and has given years and years of use.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I managed to drop my power flosser in the sink this morning and crack a piece off the top. If I cant glue it back on that is over €100 literally down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When people are overly anti-swearing.

Two examples:

1. A video on YouTube showing the aftermath of a terrible event - a large percentage of the comments underneath were about how the word sh*t wasn't bleeped out and not about the harrowing and tragic events depicted in the video.

2. A really cute video on social media of a little girl pretending to talk on the phone like her mum. There were a ton of comments underneath saying how horrible the parents were for teaching the child such awful language and the child's mouth should be washed out with soap and water. The little girl had said the word damn. Shock horror!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I managed to drop my power flosser in the sink this morning and crack a piece off the top. If I cant glue it back on that is over €100 literally down the drain.

Sugru is what you need (probably). And if it's the plastic attachment that you broke, you can often get replacement parts. Hope you can get sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    Sugru is what you need (probably). And if it's the plastic attachment that you broke, you can often get replacement parts. Hope you can get sorted. :)

Its a small piece of the neck that chipped off. I somehow managed to find the chip. I'm hoping i can superglue it back on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Someone I follow on Instagram put up a picture of her baby on her stories saying “first poo on the toilet today, so proud!” Why. Just why. Who actually gives a flying fcuk apart from you?

I'd be unfollowing them after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    When people are overly anti-swearing.

Two examples:

1. A video on YouTube showing the aftermath of a terrible event - a large percentage of the comments underneath were about how the word sh*t wasn't bleeped out and not about the harrowing and tragic events depicted in the video.

2. A really cute video on social media of a little girl pretending to talk on the phone like her mum. There were a ton of comments underneath saying how horrible the parents were for teaching the child such awful language and the child's mouth should be washed out with soap and water. The little girl had said the word damn. Shock horror!!

It drives me mad when football commentators apologise to the audience for "colourful language" that someone in the crowd has used, and that might have been picked up by the mikes.

I'm pretty sure NO-ONE who watches football on the telly is offended, and even if they were, it's not the commentator's fault so why is he apologising?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It drives me mad when football commentators apologise to the audience for "colourful language" that someone in the crowd has used, and that might have been picked up by the mikes.

I'm pretty sure NO-ONE who watches football on the telly is offended, and even if they were, it's not the commentator's fault so why is he apologising?

Exactly - it's not like they're all saying "darn it", "oh isn't that awful" "fiddle dee Dee, that will require some remedial action" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Colleague who only came back after the Christmas holidays on the 7th and moved to a three-day week when she did is on her fourth sick day of the year so far.

This person also happens to be one of my oldest friends and spends her life complaining about her mean boss who won't give her a salary increase. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold my tongue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement