Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Hurray, just returned from a friends place with my new bread maker.:)

It’s an old, sturdy and reliable „Le Caf“ BGB 404. One of the very early models. Just have to find a manual for it. :P

Astonishing what one can transport on the back of a bicycle. As long as the will is there.:D

Had a go with it but only using it as a baking machine for an already self made dough. The recipe was actually for a microwave bread and i had to tweak it a little bit. Instead of sugar i used sweetener, aceto balsamico instead of normal vinegar and baking soda instead of yeast. ;)

Just 50 minutes inclusive the first ten resting the dough and voila, a bread came out.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=467524&stc=1&d=1544000086

There is still a lot to improve. But it’s fun and i love it. Friday is shopping time and then i’ll get not only yeast but these ready mixes from Aldi or Lidl as well. Next week my kitchen will be turned into a bakery. :D

Sorry for the lousy pic. Just an old tablet with Android 4.

A loaf with 375gr of flour plus the rest just fits my needs for two days, perfect.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When you fearfully enter the toilets in work but it's in an acceptable state.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you fearfully enter the toilets in work but it's in an acceptable state.

When you go to the toilets in work in the morning and you are the one to turn on the lights.
    There's the risk of a nasty overnighter floater.
    But no risk of a warm toilet seat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th happy is crawling with my niece and telling her I'm gonna catch her and she crawls away fast giggling :3

Also I was at the far end of the kitchen and she at the other end and I was telling her to come down to me and she crawled down fast :3 also I was making meowing noises and smiling mad at me :3:3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've lost 5kg (11 pounds). Nice one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I've lost 5kg (11 pounds). Nice one :D

Fantastic achievement, well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got four lots of meat and chicken for seven Euro in the reduced section in Supervalu. That's my TH today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

The satisfaction of having nice clean paths after a good power hosing.

The thought of my clean, tidy room when I eventually get home this evening. And my hot water bottle. #saddo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

We got my Mam an iPhone for Christmas and gave it to her yesterday so she could be working away at trying to use it. She hasn’t a notion what she’s at. I’m getting random messages all day of gobbeltygook. Latest was a voice note of her saying “Is it any wonder Steve Jobs is in an early grave”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

We got my Mam an iPhone for Christmas and gave it to her yesterday so she could be working away at trying to use it. She hasn’t a notion what she’s at. I’m getting random messages all day of gobbeltygook. Latest was a voice note of her saying “Is it any wonder Steve Jobs is in an early grave”

Such an Irish mammy thing to say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Went kickboxing training this eve, fun but I'm so unfit & overweight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Not for long! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly for the first time tonight.

Love the pureness of it all. Iconic soundtrack, no help from computers, three timeless characters. Straight in to my top 5 favourites :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th in Sydney i nicked a couple of Barry's tea bags from my brother and now I don't have to drink that Lipton crap anymore *smiles*

Th Watching my niece crawl around the kitchen talking and shouting mad :3

Th in Sydney i nicked a couple of Barry's tea bags from my brother and now I don't have to drink that Lipton crap anymore *smiles*

Barrys in Sydney - WIN!!!!!!!

northgirl wrote: »
    Barrys in Sydney - WIN!!!!!!!

We found a box of 40 in the international section in Cole's, 6 dollar 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I wished I brought tea with me to Australia, everywhere I went it was awful!
    My brother and his girlfriend are “not really tea drinkers”, those are the scariest kinds of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I got a new bra in Victoria’s Secret today, it’s really pretty, fits really well and it was only £30 :D

• Advertisement

My housemate is so sound! I don't know myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Putting on weight :)

Life without migraines :)

My psychologist, visiting rellies, More kickboxing, FB visit, now bed, great day!

Garda in work believing I was 10 years younger than I was!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Lotte Lenya

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That I have stalwart neighbours and a local shop manager who went out of their way in bad weather y'day to "bring home the bacon" after something that should not have happened did...

Some folk cause disasters; others set it all right and that is a huge huge comfort and "happy" ...

My cats; the interaction between older and new...

Happy times; happy and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought a toy mouse for my cat. As she's 18, it's the only hunting she can do. She goes crazy for about 10 minutes, throwing it up in the air, biting it, but then crashes out for two hours to recharge for the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

madmaggie wrote: »
    I bought a toy mouse for my cat. As she's 18, it's the only hunting she can do. She goes crazy for about 10 minutes, throwing it up in the air, biting it, but then crashes out for two hours to recharge for the next round.

That could sum up a lot of us. ;)

madmaggie wrote: »

Brilliant ! :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This! (Thanks for posting it, Miamee! :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement