Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Exams 2011

• 24-10-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there's been a timetable for this released yet and if so, where we can check it? I searched online but could only find ones from previous years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Apparently it will be out on 1 November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Does anyone know how long after the mid-terms are results released? (MCQ exams)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after the mid-terms are results released? (MCQ exams)

Don't think there's an official release date. Its up to the individual lecturer afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭C14N

taz70 wrote: »
    Apparently it will be out on 1 November.

Thanks, will it go up on Blackboard or something?

C14N wrote: »
    Thanks, will it go up on Blackboard or something?

There will be a link to it on the Assessments section of the UCD website here: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/timetables.htm

An email will also be sent around with a link to it closer to the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Oh dear. Not one of these thread again. It's too soon, far too soon. Ugh!

Oh dear. Not one of these thread again. It's too soon, far too soon. Ugh!

A week too soon? I'm only in first year and I have no idea about when Christmas tests are or when they're over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Last day for exams is the 21st of december

C14N wrote: »
    A week too soon? I'm only in first year and I have no idea about when Christmas tests are or when they're over.

What do you mean a week too soon? The Christmas exams start on the 10th December.

<Snip, wrong thread>

• Advertisement

I'm delirah this has started already, I'm doing a thesis for the year so no exams for me :D

What do you mean a week too soon? The Christmas exams start on the 10th December.

I put the thread up a week before the exam timetable is released (which I didn't know until after making the thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

I've already found out I've an exam on the 21st at 9am...

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I'm delirah this has started already, I'm doing a thesis for the year so no exams for me :D

True,but you have a thesis.I like having a summer.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

I have an exam from 6-8, on the 21st, also on my birthday. Yay.

True,but you have a thesis.I like having a summer.:P

Hmm... touche :o

Email from the Assessment office:

Dear Student

I am contacting you in relation to the Semester 1 2011/12 examinations.

Semester 1 examination timetable

The end of Semester 1 2011/12 examination timetable will be published online at www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/timetables.htm no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday, 1 November 2011. The timetable will not be subject to change.
    The examination period begins on Saturday, 10 December and finishes on Wednesday, 21 December 2011 (including Saturday, 17 December). Additional information is available at www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/info_stu.htm and closer to the examination session you will receive an email with further details of arrangements.
    If you have a query relating to a module that does not show on the examination timetable, please contact the relevant School directly for details of the assessment.
    Please be advised that if Semester 1 examinations have to be postponed for any exceptional reason, such as severe weather conditions, they will be re-scheduled to take place at the start of the Semester 2 term which commences on Monday, 16 January 2012.

Semester 1 examination results

Provisional results (including provisional Semester and Stage GPA where applicable) will be available no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday, 18 January 2012.
    Final results (including final Semester, Stage and Degree GPA where applicable) will be available no later than 5.00pm on Thursday, 9 February 2012.

UCD student card

All students are reminded that they are required to display their UCD student card on their desk in the examination hall. If you require a replacement UCD student card, please go to the Student Desk in the Tierney Building, details of opening hours for the Student Desk are available at http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/

Yours sincerely,
    Karen O'Shea
    Director of Assessment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Timetable is up www.ucd.ie/exams

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Timetable is up www.ucd.ie/exams

Where exactly is it? It's not on http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/timetables.htm. The link for semester 1 2011/2012 isn't working?

It must have been taken down again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

• Advertisement

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I got quite a nice timetable, I gotta say.. infact, all of mine so far have been ok..

That must mean later years will be awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Yay, nice timetable! :) 4 exams, all evenly spread out with 2 free days between each one!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Don't wanna make a new thread but what academic week is this? 8, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Yup, week 8.
    Reading week for the lucky few! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Uggh, horrible timetable, bullsh*t subject on the Wednesday, then all 3 of my toughest subjects clumped together with a 6pm Thursday, 9 am Friday (my worst subject) then 6pm Saturday then another bullsh*t exam on the Monday. Basicly an exam blitz.

What date does semester 2 start?

[Jackass] wrote: »

What date does semester 2 start?

Monday 16th January.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates2011_13.pdf

Advertisement