Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 superman121

That's why the CSO have to produce graphics like these to explain without the political spin.

That graphic is misleading tho ... After 2019, for which the graph doesnt have any data, it indirectly shows a 'leveling off' of prices. Its misleading as it makes it seem like house prices are at a natural price (ie. growth becomes leveled off). If the graph ended where it should, at 2019, the trend would ge going higher, suggesting it reaching the the 2007 levels, which in same graph shows what happened (hint,the crash).

Plus, while house prices are currently high, a lot of the tension surronding the housing market is in Rents. In a lot of cases, paying a mortgage is cheaper than renting. The cost renting severly hinders peoples ability to save to buy a house. Thus, get stuck in a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bumbling Donnelly recanting and rolling back on his ludicrous idea from yesterday's IT. He must go down as worst health minister ever, and we've had some beauts over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

TheTruth21 wrote: »
    Sundays papers will be interesting

Nothing much of interest today than any Sunday.
    Maybe there's a Sunday evening paper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mattser wrote: »
    Nothing much of interest today than any Sunday.
    Maybe there's a Sunday evening paper now.

Apart from the articles on the Tanaiste being questioning while having his phone confiscated?

You see those kind of reports 'any' Sunday?

Apart from the articles on the Tanaiste being questioning while having his phone confiscated?

You see those kind of reports 'any' Sunday?

Strange how they weren’t reported on LAST Sunday. You know, two full days after the interview took place?

• Advertisement

Strange how they weren’t reported on LAST Sunday. You know, two full days after the interview took place?

Untimely leaking by institutions of the state Maryanne, probably explains it.

You people, so used to leaks, are very impatient. ;)

Lack of sleep together with not getting the ' scoop ' they were expecting, has left the perma whingers extra cross today, Mary. This hissy fit will pass and they'll move on to the next excuse for outrage.

mattser wrote: »
    Lack of sleep together with not getting the ' scoop ' they were expecting, has left the perma whingers extra cross today, Mary. This hissy fit will pass and they'll move on to the next excuse for outrage.

Heading for 6 month's of this story now. A confession to wrongdoing and a criminal investigation for the most senior FG politician in the country, what is there to be angry about? :)

I just love the call to arms among the faithful to try and dilute the impact of the above, as this story develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think the opposition really want Leo to get into any serious bother.
    Much better for him to answering questions on this in the next general election debates (if he is still leader).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I just love the call to arms among the faithful to try and dilute the impact of the above, as this story develops.

You've plenty reading this mornings papers saying in the relevant thread that its actually nearing a dead stop
    I actually don't know why you'd be wanting to bring it up in an election campaign because frankly that would expose the origins of it a bit more into the light whilst giving the then Taoiseach Vradakar the opportunity to repeat over and over the benefits that flowed from having every gp possible sign up to the contract
    It strikes me as the last thing,I'd advise

• Advertisement

You've plenty reading this mornings papers saying in the relevant thread that its actually nearing a dead stop
    I actually don't know why you'd be wanting to bring it up in an election campaign because frankly that would expose the origins of it a bit more into the light whilst giving the then Taoiseach Vradakar the opportunity to repeat over and over the benefits that flowed from having every gp possible sign up to the contract
    It strikes me as the last thing,I'd advise

Well FG did only manage to finish as the third party in the last elections. I hope their 'advisors' stay on too.

Well FG did only manage to finish as the third party in the last elections. I hope their 'advisors' stay on too.

I suppose you have that hope,that they dont analyise defeat's
    I'd never advocate taking away hope :)

I suppose you have that hope,that they dont analyise defeat's
    I'd never advocate taking away hope :)

When you forced into a merger with bitter rivals all hope is rapidly diminishing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Regina Doherty was quite critical of the MHQ on the Week in Politics today. She said it had not been thought through.
    Surprising she was so honest but she has a habit of saying what FG are really thinking.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Some victims are more important than others?

https://twitter.com/Toibin1/status/1384931873055465479

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Former SF TD in ignorance of Covid crisis shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Not 1 reply to Peadars tweet.

I begrudgingly clicked on his tweet to see if there was anything interesting in it.

Reminds me why I'm not on twitter.

It's like 6 year olds in a playground playing with crayons.

Not 1 reply to Peadars tweet.

I begrudgingly clicked on his tweet to see if there was anything interesting in it.

Reminds me why I'm not on twitter.

It's like 6 year olds in a playground playing with crayons.

He was in the Dáil speaking JJ.

Any reason you can think of why the Glennane victims have been ignored and other selective victims get photo shoots?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Former SF TD in ignorance of Covid crisis shocker.

Shocking excuse really.

He was in the Dáil speaking JJ.

Any reason you can think of why the Glennane victims have been ignored and other selective victims get photo shoots?

So because he was speaking in the Dail, there were no replies to his tweet? Are you seriously suggesting that he would be replying to his own tweet if he wasn't speaking?

As for the Glennane victims, what exactly is he looking for? Lots of victims don't get to meet the Taoiseach, especially during a coronavirus crisis.

• Advertisement

So because he was speaking in the Dail, there were no replies to his tweet? Are you seriously suggesting that he would be replying to his own tweet if he wasn't speaking?

As for the Glennane victims, what exactly is he looking for? Lots of victims don't get to meet the Taoiseach, especially during a coronavirus crisis.

Enda was Taoiseach during a Covid Crisis? Who knew, I thought he was chasing after trains.

He wants the Taoiseach of the country, any Taoiseach to recognise the victims and listen to their attempts to get justice for one of the most heinous crime sprees this country has seen.

Enda was Taoiseach during a Covid Crisis? Who knew, I thought he was chasing after trains.

He wants the Taoiseach of the country, any Taoiseach to recognise the victims and listen to their attempts to get justice for one of the most heinous crime sprees this country has seen.

Francie in propaganda shocker.

https://armaghi.com/news/armagh-news/taoiseach-to-meet-glenanne-gang-victims-and-survivors-after-armagh-lost-gun-raised-in-dail/132902

"Taoiseach Mícheál Martin has agreed to meet the victims and survivors of the so-called Glenanne Gang"

https://ulsterherald.com/2021/04/21/taoiseach-agrees-meeting-with-glenanne-gang-survivors/

"TAOISEACH Michael Martin has agreed to meet with victims and survivors of the Glenanne Gang."

You wouldn't have known it from the post.

Francie in propaganda shocker.

https://armaghi.com/news/armagh-news/taoiseach-to-meet-glenanne-gang-victims-and-survivors-after-armagh-lost-gun-raised-in-dail/132902

"Taoiseach Mícheál Martin has agreed to meet the victims and survivors of the so-called Glenanne Gang"

https://ulsterherald.com/2021/04/21/taoiseach-agrees-meeting-with-glenanne-gang-survivors/

"TAOISEACH Michael Martin has agreed to meet with victims and survivors of the Glenanne Gang."

You wouldn't have known it from the post.

Had you listened to the tweet (now evident yu didn't) you'd have known that.

We'll see if Michael follows through, it's a disgrace these three haven't at this stage. How long was it before he met Louise O'Keefe or he acknowledged the family who had an issue with Ceann Comhairle writing a support letter for an abuser?

Not much political gain in a photo on the Dáil steps in doing that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Latest polling up to 46 months out from election.

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1386057887370420224?s=19

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Latest polling up to 46 months out from election.

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1386057887370420224?s=19

Perma whinge agents having another bad weekend. Scouring the Sunday's for crumbs. Sheahan gave them what for yesterday. Brilliant article.

FG will pull the plug on government this week when RTE expose how FF tried to arm the 'RA in the 70's on Wednesday night.

Wait'll you see!

Do you think the power swap two will try to cod the electorate next time? Will they canvas as a coalition or as separate parties? Tough one to navigate. Vote for one, get the other as a brucie bonus.

Long way to go.

I believe any voter not voting for parties that might cosy up to SF absilutely have the right to have their voice heard
    I also believe that theres now absolutely no doubt who those parties are,so there is no question what the polling is saying

• Advertisement

I believe any voter not voting for parties that might cosy up to SF absilutely have the right to have their voice heard
    I also believe that theres now absolutely no doubt who those parties are,so there is no question what the polling is saying

Have a go at the actual question asked. Which has nothing to do with the nefarious shinners on a FF FG Greens thread.

Do you think the power swap two will try to cod the electorate next time? Will they canvas as a coalition or as separate parties? Tough one to navigate. Vote for one, get the other as a brucie bonus.

Advertisement