Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-07-2020, 11:57   #1741
Water John

Well it's better to be used for pumped hydro rather than as a national dump, as promoted years ago.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-07-2020, 14:21   #1742
History Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water John View Post
Well it's better to be used for pumped hydro rather than as a national dump, as promoted years ago.
Absolutely. I'm for the project. It's just the fears over the lead levels in the soil and what disturing the soil in that area by developing on it could do that is the concern. As well as the potential for more mine shaft collapses.
03-07-2020, 14:46   #1743
mahoney_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by History Queen View Post
Absolutely. I'm for the project. It's just the fears over the lead levels in the soil and what disturing the soil in that area by developing on it could do that is the concern. As well as the potential for more mine shaft collapses.
As I said before I’m from the area and also farming there so know more than I ever wanted to about lead in soil etc this project is back up on the hill the lead problem is back down below the village from a lead perspective I’d have no worries there the shafts are also below the proposed site .
Hopefully this gets the go ahead and the whole area is tidied up
Thanks from:
03-07-2020, 14:57   #1744
History Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoney_j View Post
As I said before I’m from the area and also farming there so know more than I ever wanted to about lead in soil etc this project is back up on the hill the lead problem is back down below the village from a lead perspective I’d have no worries there the shafts are also below the proposed site .
Hopefully this gets the go ahead and the whole area is tidied up
There are shafts alongside the site also. Lead is an issue along by Garryard area too. Caused issues in 2018. Anyway ironing out these issues is all part of the process. Will be great for village and surrounding area if it gets the green light.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion