Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50% off at Superdry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks for that, I like their stuff and got a pile of tshirts for 15 each there

It's free delivery and returns too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 an buachaill

thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Checking boards while killing time just cost me €200.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

[QUOTI E=Peckham;113783086]Checking boards while killing time just cost me €200.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I know the feeling! Got a few polo shirts on it - great value - nice stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

Thanks OP, some great bargains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Anyone know what Superdry is like in clothes sizes? I wear a large in T-shirts and polos but think I'd need to go to at least XL in Superdry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Anyone know what Superdry is like in clothes sizes? I wear a large in T-shirts and polos but think I'd need to go to at least XL in Superdry.
    I think they're reasonably true, but just to say their size finder seemed very detailed. Height, weight, stomach size, chest size, age...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Their sizes are tiny. Always go 2 sizes up on what you would get in other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DopeTech wrote: »
    Their sizes are tiny. Always go 2 sizes up on what you would get in other shops.

Absolutely do not do this!

Use the size finder. It's quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Be careful washing their jumpers. Terrible for shrinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Absolutely do not do this!

Use the size finder. It's quite good.

Just going on my experience with them. Maybe it's changed recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Used to buy a lot of super dry but I find their polos shrink and fade no matter how you wash them. Always need to buy a size up as well. I genuinely think if you like wearing polos, it’s better to spend more, slim fit Ralph Lauren, Gant and Hilfiger definitely last longer. I also find the super dry clothes quite repetitive in style and colours. I do like their hoodies though , seem to be a better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am a large in almost everything and maybe even a medium at times. However any time I've tried on a Large in Superdry I need an extra large and most people I know have had the same experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I am a large in almost everything and maybe even a medium at times. However any time I've tried on a Large in Superdry I need an extra large and most people I know have had the same experience with them.

Same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

As above two sizes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

As above two sizes up

I can't go 2 sizes up! Anyway, bought 2 long sleeve polo's there for 60 euro, hopefully they fit. Size finder recommended 3xl for me, most of my shirts are xl. I did also say I wanted slightly loose. Went with the 3xl, I find designer brands don't fit me well at all but we'll see how these go. Stocky rugby player build.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DopeTech wrote: »
    Just going on my experience with them. Maybe it's changed recently

I'm normally an M and I go with L in Superdry. One size up.

Two sizes up would be too much, certainly if you are guessing.

And ESPECIALLY since they had a size finder on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Definitely one size up with super dry t-shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Are you gangly, hunchbacked, pot bellied and weak limbed?. If so the Superdry sizes will fit you like a glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

I think it's free returns so you could buy both sizes and send back what you don't need??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Damn got a nice few things but received an email to say that my order has been cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ordered at the weekend and all items arrived this morning. Sizes are fairly accurate on the women’s stuff anyway.
    Thank you OP. I’ve never spent much online until I started looking on bargain alerts!! My postman and bank manager have questions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I can't go 2 sizes up! Anyway, bought 2 long sleeve polo's there for 60 euro, hopefully they fit. Size finder recommended 3xl for me, most of my shirts are xl. I did also say I wanted slightly loose. Went with the 3xl, I find designer brands don't fit me well at all but we'll see how these go. Stocky rugby player build.

Just a follow up on this.....the tops arrived but even 3 xl didnt fit me. Way too tight around the shoulders and dont fit my forearms even.

I know I am bigger than most and I have bulked up a lot for rugby etc and weights but if you are in any way big build dont buy these. Going back now. I think the sizes for superdry just meant taller!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

I am medium and have the exact same issue. Once bought jacket M size and didnt fit

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I am medium and have the exact same issue. Once bought jacket M size and didnt fit

Yeah inconsistent sizing. Medium tops but have to go up a size or two in the jackets

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Anyone return anything to them recently (via Parcel Motel) and get exchanged items delivered back?
    I returned for exchange (bigger sizes) almost 2 weeks ago and managed to get through to customer service today (after several days trying, long hold times). They said they haven't received the items back yet and to wait another week...... It had been great service (and bargain) up until I needed to return.....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

tobdom wrote: »
    Anyone return anything to them recently (via Parcel Motel) and get exchanged items delivered back?
    I returned for exchange (bigger sizes) almost 2 weeks ago and managed to get through to customer service today (after several days trying, long hold times). They said they haven't received the items back yet and to wait another week...... It had been great service (and bargain) up until I needed to return.....

I returned something via Parcel Motel last weekend. I've had my doubts about it tbh, there seems to be no proper way of tracing the parcel unlike sending it via a courier or even An Post. I'll find out soon enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Was there not a code on your return form you can use to trace? It's been a while since I used PM to return an item.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

6 wrote: »
    Was there not a code on your return form you can use to trace? It's been a while since I used PM to return an item.

There was, and online it said the return was completed.... Coincidence or not, after talking to them, late last night got two emails a few mins apart, one to say return completed and one to say my exchange items were dispatched..... not sure whoever I was talking to was telling me the whole truth!

• Advertisement
Advertisement