Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dcmb1984

Any body have update on Limericks injurys?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Dcmb1984 wrote: »
    Any body have update on Limericks injurys?

Not good on Richie English it seems from what we're hearing it looks like he did his cruciate over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

BloodyBill wrote: »
    .the markets field, Thomond Park, Garryowen have a great pitch.

All those pitches require serious amounts of work to keep them playable. The Markets Field costs a fortune to maintain and if left at all it does get very heavy underfoot and cut up quite a bit. Have seen Garryowen get fairly heavy also and cut up with ease. Thomond Park is about the best of the three mentioned and that has been dug up and relayed on a number of occasions over recent years to keep it in good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Cork just got a new million euro pitch. Ennis was redone a few years ago with a great drainage system put in. I think yesterday it was the wind that put paid to the match in Limerick but it's not a great winter pitch anyway. On the other hand it's a super Spring and summer pitch as you could see from last years Munster final ect..probably one of the best surfaces in Ireland when the hurling Championship is in full swing. It is open to the Cratloe hills but to compare it to the exposure that Pearse stadium endures is ridiculous. There are some fantastic pitches in Limerick..the markets field, Thomond Park, Garryowen have a great pitch.

Is that what they closed it for last year, if so fair enough we'll give it a chance.

Not sure what the comment re Cratloe hills and Pearse Stadium is referring to, nothing I said anyway. My point was more that there is fantastic land in each of the three counties and I'm sure in some areas close to the cities, so the sites that were developed were questionable. And if there's one thing I thought we knew in this Country, it was how to judge good land.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sports have changed a fair bit since 1928, and even since I was a kid in the 90s. Speed and fitness have come to the fore with the influence of professionalism in other sports, and playing conditions have to meet expectations of player safety as well. A field that was perfect for games in one era might not always meet those expectations today because we've just come to demand better. I'd say the cost of maintenance/repairing damage has gone up as well.

• Advertisement

lim4ev wrote:
    Not good on Richie English it seems from what we're hearing it looks like he did his cruciate over the weekend

He will be a hugo loss come championship. He's a man for the big days marking some of the best forwards around.

Dcmb1984 wrote: »
    He will be a hugo loss come championship. He's a man for the big days marking some of the best forwards around.

If true He's an unreal loss for us and in an area where we don't have the same level of cover as elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭billyhead

Where was it heard Richie done his cruciate. Was it in a training session?

billyhead wrote: »
    Where was it heard Richie done his cruciate. Was it in a training session?

I don't know anyway maybe someone can enlighten us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Limerick 0-7 Tipp 0-6 result in the Munster U20 football Championship quarter-final at Rathkeake tonight. The shannonsiders will take on Kerry next week for a place in the Munster final.

• Advertisement

I believe Richie English only took a knock against Galway and is okay. He should hopefully play on Sunday.

billyhead wrote:
    I believe Richie English only took a knock against Galway and is okay. He should hopefully play on Sunday.

He's not named on the panel for Sundays game but hopefully he'll be back soon.

Unfortunately he won't lads he's out for the yr I'm afraid confirmed to me this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Worried about us getting pulled too deep on Sunday

Donal o Grady is scandalous on commentary, actively campaigning against us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

Well done to both the Football and Hurling teams today.

He's always at it isn't he? Big plus from today is Aaron Costellos performance something really big to build on considering English is out for the yr

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Jaysus I wish I studied irish.... what was he saying? Spare hand? 3rd man tackles?

I remember in 2018 The Sunday Game they were discussing the best goal keeper save of the year, and he wouldnt allow Quiads save in the semi against Cork be in it. He maintained it wasnt a save but a block, and Rte removed it. I was raging with him I remember.

pajoguy wrote: »
    Jaysus I wish I studied irish.... what was he saying? Spare hand? 3rd man tackles?

Questioned every single free limerick were given and would say not much in it if it was completely blatant

Went on about spare hand wholesale and when a cork fella done an obvious one and tyres challenged him on it he deflected and commentrd on dalton's substitution

Wanted hegarty sent off, and chirped on the whole game

When Darren o Connell was fouled at the end and got a free he accused tyres of speculation when tyres said he got a push in the back

Can you email gaa beo? I'm definitely going to complain not letting this bollix setting a narrative around limerick without at least registering a complaint

• Advertisement

In good news Flanagan is back.

Cant play a midfielder and centre back ag half forward (though I said that in 2018 also and fantastically I was wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

Questioned every single free limerick were given and would say not much in it if it was completely blatant

Went on about spare hand wholesale and when a cork fella done an obvious one and tyres challenged him on it he deflected and commentrd on dalton's substitution

Wanted hegarty sent off, and chirped on the whole game

When Darren o Connell was fouled at the end and got a free he accused tyres of speculation when tyres said he got a push in the back

Can you email gaa beo? I'm definitely going to complain not letting this bollix setting a narrative around limerick without at least registering a complaint

He was treated very badly by our county board at the time andstill seems to get to him.

That said he should really let it go now.

shockframe wrote: »
    He was treated very badly by our county board at the time andstill seems to get to him.

That said he should really let it go now.

Yes, but nothing to do with these players or supporters. Tg4 shouldn't be allowing this

Tyres you could tell was sick of it today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

he is only getting away with it because not enough people understand what he is saying ní dóigh liom or is dóigh liom is all you have to listen out for , , it just depends on which way the free is going :rolleyes: , his vocabulary is poor too

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Good win today, with Westmeath to come, and no disrespect to them, they can ease up now. Audition a few new players for the corner back spot that Richie English leaves and give some of the younger and injury recovered panelists some game time.
    Altho not a corner back i wonder if Paddy o'loughlin could fill the large void. Costello doing nothing wrong so far but Paddy has that bit more experience. Hopefully jerome boylan and brian o'grady get a go too.
    Fierce competition for places now, with DoD at half forward that line becomes a bear pit with the 3 incumbents, DoD, Conor Boylan, dempsey, dowling, Brian Ryan all in contention. Same with ff line with Peter Casey back, mulcahy, gillane, flanagan, dempsey, o'connell, adrian breen in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭High bike

Unfortunately the serious injury came in the full back line, the one place where we haven't much cover.Like someone else said I'd like to see Paddy O Loughlin having a go at it

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

High bike wrote: »
    Unfortunately the serious injury came in the full back line, the one place where we haven't much cover.Like someone else said I'd like to see Paddy O Loughlin having a go at it
    Ya it’s the one line of field we re light on back up and Richie is a serious operator. Best wishes to him. Have 3 more league games guaranteed now so management have a bit of space to look at other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Paddy O Loughlin isnt a relation to a fullback or cornerback in my opinion. Hes a good wing back who's too slow to release the ball . Hes a fine cut of a man but again no pace. We could make a stopper centre back or he could cover Fullback but hes in no way as dynamic as Casey or influential as Hannon. He ll be a sub come summer.

What about Hannon at full back and Hayes at Center half back.

• Advertisement

Paddy O Loughlin isnt a relation to a fullback or cornerback in my opinion. Hes a good wing back who's too slow to release the ball . Hes a fine cut of a man but again no pace. We could make a stopper centre back or he could cover Fullback but hes in no way as dynamic as Casey or influential as Hannon. He ll be a sub come summer.

Unfortunately have to agree with you on paddy, hes too slow the point bill cooper got in the 2nd half showed this

Can shoot a point thouhh

Advertisement