Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2020, 15:53   #4651
keng66

I think it just depends on who you get, was been charged €62.50 for 250 BB and phone, first offer was €49 p.m. for 6 months, said no and that someone in work got better offer, then offered €32.50 for 6 months and then back up to €62.50 for next 6 which I took. The whole phone call only lasted about 8 minutes which I was pleased with
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2020, 20:37   #4652
scamalert

very true depends on person you get, what i do is usually call back next day or few hours later, theres decent people working and those that dont give 2 fingers really.

ex: last year canceled before November months notice etc, couple weeks before cancellation got call and sure 9mo offered just for BB as i dont use other bundles.

then date came and i was cut off, lack of communication, but call and hour later patched back in, whats interesting thou, they signed me up again on new contract, not sure whats the deal with that, and took full months pay, even thou only prepaid half, but afterwards didnt pay for 1 month, kinda weird as it worked out that i got one month entirely free, no half amount taken from account, guessing downside will be next year as could come back to bite me in extra month longer contract, then again, if going by date should end on time as all the previous years

anyhow moral of story with VM 8yrs and if they wouldnt jerk off on price each year and would keep it steady price, cant really complain, as service goes their uptime is 99%, and decent service if any works done, well maybe hub3 could be thrown out, but until siro seriously takes inciatve to get their support and customer services in place VM seems best. VF is great either on siro but a lot depends on location and who does install and setup as seen people who had to wait nearly month until decent tech would come.

Last edited by scamalert; 20-02-2020 at 20:42.
21-02-2020, 14:20   #4653
derra

Send a message via MSN to derra
I dread this phone call every year with these.

My contract is up next month and the bill will be €121 a month.

They offered 9 months at €106 and then the €121 for the last 3 months.

That's for 250 Mb broadband, world talk, home phone, virgin full house , sky sports and one multi room.

I just said i wasn't happy with that and i would get back to them.

What would be a reasonable deal for that be instead of the offer they gave?
21-02-2020, 14:27   #4654
Nothing surprises me now

Hi, I have exact same bundle as you, 122.00 per month. A few days ago, I got it reduced to 84.00 for 9 months then 102 for 3 months. Forgot contract was out 3 months so paid 122 for last 3!😞😦
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 14:48   #4655
derra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing surprises me now View Post
Hi, I have exact same bundle as you, 122.00 per month. A few days ago, I got it reduced to 84.00 for 9 months then 102 for 3 months. Forgot contract was out 3 months so paid 122 for last 3!����
Thanks for the reply, at least now i can try and haggle a bit based on that.
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 15:03   #4656
Nothing surprises me now

Please don't tell me if you get better reduction!! LOL.
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 15:29   #4657
derra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing surprises me now View Post
Please don't tell me if you get better reduction!! LOL.

Ok, so i just got off the phone with them and i got a different person this time.

I mentioned about my previous offer which would be on the screen anyway and i mentioned your offer.

After a few mins on hold she comes back saying she couldn't find anything that reflected your offer and so i was offered 6 months @ €72 and 6 months @ €119 which is €1146 for the year.

Full price was €1456 a year, first offer was €1317 and now at €1146.

So it's just about €70 more than you but i didn't want the hassle and wanted it sorted today. It's not a level playing field when it comes to this carry on every year and they need to come up with a better system when renewing.

tldr: No, i didn't get a better offer than you
21-02-2020, 17:41   #4658
beauf

Torture every year with this haggling.
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2020, 17:58   #4659
CoBo55

It's bloody painful, I'm out of contract but ftth will be launching here very soon so I think I'll just see what's on offer with those provides.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-02-2020, 20:04   #4660
derra

I just checked my email there now for confirmation on what i got earlier.

So i was at €122 a month for everything i have after last years offer expired, got the offer today for 6 months €72 and then 6 months on €119.

In the email it says:

Promotional Monthly Charge €72.00
Price After Offers/Add-Ons €145.00

I would of thought that after 6 months i be paying €119? I definitely asked that but it doesn't seem to be the case in the email.

Unless i missing something, doesn't seem right,
21-02-2020, 21:34   #4661
beauf

It's one of the reasons I hate haggling with them and chaning pricing. Their billing is so often all over the place. They don't do a refund easily either, just credit to your account. Which means your bill is messed up for ages.

Be easier if they had a flat fee loyalty discount if you ask for it. But no.
23-02-2020, 21:38   #4662
cookie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
It's one of the reasons I hate haggling with them and chaning pricing. Their billing is so often all over the place. They don't do a refund easily either, just credit to your account. Which means your bill is messed up for ages.

Be easier if they had a flat fee loyalty discount if you ask for it. But no.
The haggling is what makes it fun. Now if only I had access to a good competitor offer it would be even more fun.
25-02-2020, 15:04   #4663
johnnykilo

Virgin Media has been cut off and got Vodafone installed yesterday, so far so good. Both TV and Broadband seem a lot faster with Vodafone than Virgin Media.

Just in relation to sending back the equipment to Virgin Media, I asked on chat what they needed me to send and apparently it's only Horizion box they need returned (not even the remote or power supply) and they told me to just bring the Hub3 modem to my local recycling centre.

Problem is it's more hassle for me to bring it to my recycling centre than to just bundle it up and send it back with the horizon box. I presume given the equipment came from them in the first place, that if I send the modem and horizon remote etc... back they'll have to accept it?
25-02-2020, 15:19   #4664
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykilo View Post
Virgin Media has been cut off and got Vodafone installed yesterday, so far so good. Both TV and Broadband seem a lot faster with Vodafone than Virgin Media.

Just in relation to sending back the equipment to Virgin Media, I asked on chat what they needed me to send and apparently it's only Horizion box they need returned (not even the remote or power supply) and they told me to just bring the Hub3 modem to my local recycling centre.

Problem is it's more hassle for me to bring it to my recycling centre than to just bundle it up and send it back with the horizon box. I presume given the equipment came from them in the first place, that if I send the modem and horizon remote etc... back they'll have to accept it?
To send my stuff back to them I used the parcel motel option. I sent everything back. Horizon box, modem, remotes, power supplies and even the cables.
Thanks from:
25-02-2020, 16:07   #4665
ben.schlomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykilo View Post

I think I sent everything back last year, no issue.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion