Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White shirt woes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Forget the bargain basement TK Maxx. Every man should have a classic good quality white shirt in his wardrobe, it's worth the spend and you can use it for so many outfits and occasions.

Err TK Maxx sell plenty of decent branded shirts (Thomas Pink, Charles Tyrett among others).

Agree everyone needs at least one good crisp white shirt but you dont have to spend a fortune especially of you wont wear it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

jarvis wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t get why people get piercings. Weird isn’t it.

Well yeah getting a piercing and then covering it up would be weird alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭ Kaiya Ripe Birthmark

Still can't figure out why you went to the bother & expense of getting a tattoo that nobody, including yourself, can see.

Tattoos deserves a thread of it's own. I'd have alot to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Well yeah getting a piercing and then covering it up would be weird alright.

So you only promote face, neck and hand tattoos? That’s also weird. What about pierced foreskin? If I pierce my foreskin am I then supposed t walk around flashing everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Tickers, if you sweat profusely or have the body hair of a Serbian cab driver, then by all means go ahead and wear an undershirt.

But it is not "proper etiquette" to do so. In fact, a gentleman expressly does not wear an undershirt under his shirt.

I have body hair AND tattoos and wear plenty of white shirts; the type of shirt I wear is not see-through so I don't need to wear something underneath it. Plus, I would be far too hot. As it is, I wear deodorant and so don't have wet patches on my armpits.

OP, I think you've got your answer. Mods, you know what to do.

• Advertisement

Tickers, if you sweat profusely or have the body hair of a Serbian cab driver, then by all means go ahead and wear an undershirt.

But it is not "proper etiquette" to do so. In fact, a gentleman expressly does not wear an undershirt under his shirt.

I have body hair AND tattoos and wear plenty of white shirts; the type of shirt I wear is not see-through so I don't need to wear something underneath it. Plus, I would be far too hot. As it is, I wear deodorant and so don't have wet patches on my armpits.

I agree with you 100% about all elements of this post but I think you should be banned for two lifetimes for ordering mods around!!! Mods are Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

jarvis wrote: »
    So you only promote face, neck and hand tattoos? That’s also weird. What about pierced foreskin? If I pierce my foreskin am I then supposed t walk around flashing everyone?

Well you've already got a tattoo that you don't want anyone including yourself to see so I guess piercing your foreskin isn't a huge leap for you to make.

Well you've already got a tattoo that you don't want anyone including yourself to see so I guess piercing your foreskin isn't a huge leap for you to make.

Dan do you find people struggle to understand you? I’m beginning to think your problem isn’t why I’d cover up a tattoo but the fact I have a tattoo!!!

I feel so much better now. Why didn’t you just come out with that at the beginning ya little nut.

It is well documented the reasons for wearing an undershirt, I'm sorry but you could not be more wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

So you get a tattoo on your back that you cannot see but you don't want anyone else to see it either!

You get a tattoo where ever you god damn like, and it's nothing to do with anyone else.

Thread is about decent white shirts, not the motivation and mindset of people who get tattoos.

• Advertisement

368100 wrote: »
    You get a tattoo where ever you god damn like, and it's nothing to do with anyone else.

Thread is about decent white shirts, not the motivation and mindset of people who get tattoos.

I don't buy the argument that people get tattoos for themselves. People get tattoos as a cry for attention, "look at me", "look what I did", I'm so deep and insightful", "I'm tough" when in reality what people are actually doing is highlighting their own insecurities by branding themselves with some obscure slogan or image that is supposed to mean something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I don't buy the argument that people get tattoos for themselves. People get tattoos as a cry for attention, "look at me", "look what I did", I'm so deep and insightful", "I'm tough" when in reality what people are actually doing is highlighting their own insecurities by branding themselves with some obscure slogan or image that is supposed to mean something.

Thinly veiled “I’m too cool for tattoos” post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's interesting to see that the thread about white shirts at weddings is cattier than almost anything on women's outfits for weddings.

Anyway relax, sales of suits are down, Prada just sent out down the runway models dressed for commute and Armani is dressing men in Matrix inspired dystopian clothing. Soon you will be arguing should you even wear suits to weddings and not when it's appropriate to take of jacket.

I would go to decent independent shop and try some of their shirts and buy something that's thick enough.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Thinly veiled “I’m too cool for tattoos” post

Nothing thinly veiled about it. I'm blatantly up front that I do not like tattoos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread locked, seems like OP got his answer.

Please try keep on topic and feel free to start a new thread on anything you want to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement