Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

14-01-2020, 13:35   #16
jarvis

Completely off topic so please forgive me. I was prompted by the comment about not knowing our whole life.

Anyway my 13 year old daughter told me something the other day that I’ve made it to 43 without knowing.

She said cigarettes are called that because they’re little cigars. Cigar-ette

Mind blown!! Haha
Advertisement
14-01-2020, 13:37   #17
eviltimeban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
Completely off topic so please forgive me. I was prompted by the comment about not knowing our whole life.

Anyway my 13 year old daughter told me something the other day that I’ve made it to 43 without knowing.

She said cigarettes are called that because they’re little cigars. Cigar-ette

Mind blown!! Haha
From the French. Just like vinegarette. Or rosette. Kitchenette. Etc.
14-01-2020, 13:39   #18
eviltimeban

Quote:
Also I never have and never will wear a garment under a shirt. Good etiquette or not I just think it looks silly.
Indeed. It's not good etiquette. Never has been, never will be.
14-01-2020, 13:42   #19
ahnowbrowncow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickers View Post
I think you'll find that proper etiquette stipulates that you should.

Have I just given you that moment where you realised you've been something wrong your whole life?
Some might like their nipples and chiselled, sweaty physique on show as the lesser men cower in fear hoping their under shirt covers their inadequacies.
Thanks from:
14-01-2020, 14:05   #20
Tickers

Quote:
Thanks all. Except the ‘why did you get a tattoo brigade’. I also got a c0ck ring but I won’t be waving it around the work canteen. ��������.

Anyway I’m a groomsman and the groom has unfortunately decided against a waistcoat which would have been ideal because I love a smart waistcoat.

Twill shirt is probably the info I need so I’ll chase one of those down. Also I never have and never will wear a garment under a shirt. Good etiquette or not I just think it looks silly.
It doesn't look silly because it's an undershirt and it's white, what does look silly is your chest hair and nipples sticking out of your shirt or people being able to see your tattoo through the shirt which is the reason you posted here in the first place. Do you wear underwear or do you go commando on that also? It's the same concept and you can always tell someone who is not used to wearing a suit regularly if they don't wear an undershirt. It makes you look like a novice because people can can see your skin through the fabric or if your nipples are sticking out. You also protect your shirt from the sweat stains under your arms. It's a classic beginners mistake and in Ireland we are terrible for it because we have very little sense of fashion and what is appropriate to wear at different occasions and different times of the year.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2020, 14:07   #21
jarvis

Quote:
Do you wear underwear or do you go commando on that also? It's the same concept and you can always tell someone who is not used to wearing a suit regularly if they don't wear an undershirt. It makes you look like a novice because people can can see your skin through the fabric or if your nipples are sticking out. You also protect your shirt from the sweat stains under your arms. It's a classic beginners mistake and in Ireland we are terrible for it because we have very little sense of fashion and what is appropriate to wear at different occasions and different times of the year.
Yes I wear underwear. Are you coming on to me?
Thanks from:
14-01-2020, 14:10   #22
Tickers

Quote:
Yes I wear underwear. Are you coming on to me?
Get a brooks brothers shirt.
Thanks from:
14-01-2020, 14:12   #23
realdanbreen

Quote:
I use the tattoo as a gauge.

To gauge what?
14-01-2020, 14:12   #24
Fireball81

Try some white shirts in store at TK Maxx, unlike some other shops they have plenty of different brands and thickness etc.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2020, 14:13   #25
jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdanbreen View Post
To gauge what?
How see through the shirt will be.
14-01-2020, 14:15   #26
Tickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball81 View Post
Try some white shirts in TK Maxx, unlike some other shops they have plenty of different brands and thickness etc.

Depending on where the tattoo is, would a waistcoat help? M&S do cheap ones and I'm sure TK Maxx do too.
Forget the bargain basement TK Maxx. Every man should have a classic good quality white shirt in his wardrobe, it's worth the spend and you can use it for so many outfits and occasions.
14-01-2020, 14:17   #27
Tickers

and please don't be like those knuckle draggers who untie their bow/tie and take off their suit jacket towards the end of the night.
14-01-2020, 14:23   #28
realdanbreen

Quote:
and please don't be like those knuckle draggers who untie their bow/tie and take off their suit jacket towards the end of the night.

Hear hear! Regardless of whether you are ready to pass out with the heat and the sweat is drippin off you keep on the jacket and the tie. I mean what if someone saw you on Instagram looking natural !
Thanks from:
14-01-2020, 14:26   #29
Tickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdanbreen View Post
Hear hear! Regardless of whether you are ready to pass out with the heat and the sweat is drippin off you keep on the jacket and the tie. I mean what if someone saw you on Instagram looking natural !
Using that rationale, why would you even go to a wedding in a suit in the first place? Why go to a wedding or a black tie event only to remove your suit after you get there?
14-01-2020, 14:27   #30
realdanbreen

Quote:
How see through the shirt will be.
Still can't figure out why you went to the bother & expense of getting a tattoo that nobody, including yourself, can see.
Thread Closed