Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 8 Development' Oscar Square and Chamber Street

• 14-06-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am looking at property in and around the Tenters, and just off South Circular Road, Dublin 8.

I saw some building work ongoing just behind Oscar Square. Having checked the Dublin City Council website, there seems to be planning on the site for apartments (but the planning application goes back to 2008).

Does anyone know what's being built there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

tigger123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Am looking at property in and around the Tenters, and just off South Circular Road, Dublin 8.

I saw some building work ongoing just behind Oscar Square. Having checked the Dublin City Council website, there seems to be planning on the site for apartments (but the planning application goes back to 2008).

Does anyone know what's being built there?

The building thats going on around Weaver Park? 8-storey social housing apartments.
    There's building going on off Mill st/Clarence Mangan road as well, think that is more student accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

retalivity wrote: »
    The building thats going on around Weaver Park? 8-storey social housing apartments.
    There's building going on off Mill st/Clarence Mangan road as well, think that is more student accomodation.

I saw the site on Mill Street/Clarence Mangan Road alright.

Not the Weaver Park one; its the site the literally backs on to the houses on the north side of Oscar Square that I'm looking at.

Looking at it again, that might be the same one actually...?

Are you sure its social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I saw the site on Mill Street/Clarence Mangan Road alright.

Not the Weaver Park one; its the site the literally backs on to the houses on the north side of Oscar Square that I'm looking at.

Looking at it again, that might be the same one actually...?

Are you sure its social housing?

Yeah it is social, there's 2 blocks being built on 2 sides of the park - 8 storeys fronting onto Cork St, 4-5 backing onto Oscar Square.

https://libertiesdublin.ie/new-social-housing-on-cork-street-starts/

67150098_2592741910738217_6845226912525058048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uk8ZrxIeLi8AX_xj6MV&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=7&oh=6fe6a1f5b712114b55382a0a131ed9f4&oe=60CC8842

retalivity wrote: »
    Yeah it is social, there's 2 blocks being built on 2 sides of the park - 8 storeys fronting onto Cork St, 4-5 backing onto Oscar Square.

https://libertiesdublin.ie/new-social-housing-on-cork-street-starts/

67150098_2592741910738217_6845226912525058048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uk8ZrxIeLi8AX_xj6MV&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=7&oh=6fe6a1f5b712114b55382a0a131ed9f4&oe=60CC8842

Cheers for that. While its not the site I'm talking about, its definitely very handy to know in terms of looking at houses in the area.

The development I'm talking about is the site on the illustration you posted where the "Cork Street Block A" text sits. That's the one (also) under construction and I'm trying to figure out what's going up there.

But your post about Weaver Park is very, very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Do you mean the "building site" surrounded by Chamber St & Ardee St opposite the Liberty Community Church?

The Mill Street/Clarence Mangan Road was to be a Nursing Home if memory serves me right, but probably changed it to the student accom.

Also, look up Player Willis/Teresa's Gardens Development.

• Advertisement

Do you mean the "building site" surrounded by Chamber St & Ardee St opposite the Liberty Community Church?

The Mill Street/Clarence Mangan Road was to be a Nursing Home if memory serves me right, but probably changed it to the student accom.

Also, look up Player Willis/Teresa's Gardens Development.

Yes, that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yes, that's the one.

It was being used as a base for all the development works ongoing on Mill St I believe, - parking was absolute mayhem as a lot of the contractors looked to from up North.

I just checked out the development at the top of Mill St/Clarence Mangan and it's not a Nursing Home plan anymore, it's more Student Accom - http://bmce.ie/portfolio/sweeneys-corner-student-accommodation/

Any questions on the Tenters that wouldn't be general topic stuff drop me a PM... lived there for 30 years but recently flew the nest in the past 3 months but my parents still live there.

Advertisement