Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PowerBook G3 PDQ

• 20-05-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭

Just took mine out today. One of the last G3 PDQs assembled in Ireland before PCB production and assembly moved to Taiwan. Battery is still going 1hr and 7 minutes listening to music. Still has its original 2GB HDD,

I’ll upload photos of it later.

Anyone here still have one of these great machines too?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a 233 Wallstreet. Best machine ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Was that the first G3 with no cache, or if it’s later it’s probably the same as mine PDQ (Pretty Damn Quick)

That’s my G3 attached. When I purchased her she was in exceptional condition.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was that the first G3 with no cache, or if it’s later it’s probably the same as mine PDQ (Pretty Damn Quick)

That’s my G3 attached. When I purchased her she was in exceptional condition.

Heres the list of G3 Powerbooks https://everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/index-powerbook-g3.html

Advertisement