Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reset a Windows 7 password without a disk or usable W7 PC

• 17-02-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

My wife doesn't remember the password for her PC, which is running Windows 7.
    Our other computers are running Windows 10. Don't suppose I can I create a password reset disk for Windows 7 from Windows 10?

Can't find an ISO online. Just loads of people selling tools or how-to guides that assume you have access to a PC running the same version of Windows.

Anyone know of something free and safe I can use to reset it?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

should be able to get a bootable USB image

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Yeah I thought so too but couldn't find one.
    Found a utility by lazesoft which worked and was free for non-commercial use.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Search online using your thread title & you should find some yt videos explaining how to reset or bypass the password.
    Did it recently but didn't keep the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

bodonnell wrote: »
    Search online using your thread title & you should find some yt videos explaining how to reset or bypass the password.
    Did it recently but didn't keep the instructions.
    The free utility I used solved my issue.

Advertisement