Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sligeach wrote: »
    Also, Super Bomberman R is definitely not displayed in 1080p and runs at 30fps. It's not a taxing game visually, so what's its excuse for mediocre performance? Isn't this a port of an older Bomberman game? I can't get over that price though, it's as bad as Nintendo with 1,2 Switch.

any source for those?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Digital Foundry seem to be pretty stoked about Mario Kart and Splatoon 2

As he says, this is all based on video capture, no hands on have been possible.
    So keep it in mind with the Bomberman judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

dunworth1 wrote: »
    any source for those?

Digital Foundry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, here's the Pocket Lint opinion on Super Bomberman R, which is based on a hands-on demo.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/140012-super-bomberman-r-preview-a-sparkling-retro-gem-for-the-nintendo-switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Stuff like this seems to get lost in the main thread, so shove it here. Release schedule for the Nintendo Switch from launch and best places to buy it. Worth noting since the Switch is region free, you can indulge in imports from US/Japan to your hearts desire. You wanna import, two reccomended sites are

https://www.amazon.com
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca

Anyway, up to date as possible, though there's still 6 weeks to go till launch.

Release (3rd March)

Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
    1-2 Switch.
    Super Bomberman R
    Skylanders Imaginators
    Just Dance 2017

Launch Window/Spring

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (28th April)
    Arms
    Snipperclippers
    Has-Real Heroes
    Fast RMX
    Disagea 5
    Rime
    PuyoPuyo Tetris
    Binding Of Issac

Summer

Splatoon 2

Autumn

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Holiday/Vague 2017 dates

Arcade Archives
    FIFA Switch
    Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
    Farming Simulator
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
    Minecraft
    Rayman Legends Definitive edition
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Siberia 3
    Steep
    Project Sonic
    Sonic Mania
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Lego City Undercover
    I am Setsuna
    Xenoblade 2
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    State Of Mind
    Monster Boy
    Farming Simulator
    Syberia 3

Obviously this doesn't include stuff not announced or confirmed, Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros port, Rabbids/Mario RPG, etc. Or virtual console stuff, since they haven't announced or confirmed anything about it.

Missed a couple of things, added farming simulator and syberia 3. Cos thats what we're buying the switch for.

I think I might import Binding of Isaac, it's a launch title in the US.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think I might import Binding of Isaac, it's a launch title in the US.

I assumed it was digital here at launch

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I assumed it was digital here at launch

I think it might be, I'd still like a physical copy though.

I can just imagine it not being a launch title here, even digitally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If you want a physical copy of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on Switch then let them know.

Already have!

7YxeoxX.jpg

Not that bad then.

And there's Pokémon!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And there's Pokémon!

Yeah I noticed that! Is this official or another "leak" which were sooo reliable prior to Switch's unveiling? Hope it's true!

Yeah I noticed that! Is this official or another "leak" which were sooo reliable prior to Switch's unveiling? Hope it's true!

Gamestop said 'Pokemon is coming to Switch'

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Gamestop said 'Pokemon is coming to Switch'

Hopefully! That image looks photoshopped-the "Pokémon" logo is off centre, looks like its super-imposed!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

Hopefully! That image looks photoshopped-the "Pokémon" logo is off centre, looks like its super-imposed!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

Well its not official, its made by someone on reddit I think. But you know, Pokemon will obviously be coming to Switch, thats why they've put it in the undated section.

Specifically, in a listing on GameStop’s site, which has since been taken down, the company had this to say about the Nintendo Switch’s initial game library:

Nintendo Switch games will include new title offerings from Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, the NBA and more! You will even be able to play Skyrim on the go, or Pokémon at home with the Nintendo Switch. The unit will also include a number of handy, interchangeable Nintendo Switch accessories.

So in addition to Zelda: Breath of the Wild it sounds like you will be able to play Splatoon, Mario and Pokémon on the Nintendo Switch, not to mention Skyrim and NBA as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/01/12/gamestop-accidentally-leaked-that-you-will-be-able-to-play-pokemon-on-the-nintendo-switch/#3d70a3da4a3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

im looking forward to skyrim then nba, theyre the 2 pinned on games ill be getting second half of the year. Gives me loads of time with Bomberman, BotW and Mario Kart between now and then.

Who knows, this might even be the time i beat skyrim.

• Advertisement

I have Skyrim but never got around to playing it, my son has and assures me it's fantastic.
    Unfortunately, I can't find the time to invest, while he can sit on his behind all weekend and play it.
    But, an on the go version will suit me fine, so can't wait.
    It was the same with Ocarina of Time, it took the 3DS version to give me the time to finish it, while the N64, GC and VC versions all sat, in various states of unfinished-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be honest, never had any interest in Skyrim, so it holds no draw for me. Binding of Isaac, Bomberman, BOTW and possibly Snipperclips are the games I'll be going for first.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/pokemon-company-ceo-confirms-support-for-nintendo-nx

Pokémon Co. CEO confirmed the then NX would get a Pokémon game.

This means Pokémon snap, ranger, battle arena, pokken. Who knows?

People confuse Pokémon game with Pokémon red, diamond etc.

Then there's the rumour. Pokémon sun and moon gets a third version as Pokémon stars on the switch by Christmas. That part is only a rumour.

Also, GameStop went with it. They never said "a Pokémon RPG" they said "play Pokémon at home". You could do that with an N64 if you owned Pokémon Stadium.

6 launch games? Since shovel knight seems to be April rather than March here.

Lego Worlds confirmed for Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »

Think I'll be getting this.

Ah nuts, it's a digital release. I've a massive aversion to digital titles. Why couldn't they release a cardboard edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It was the same with the PS4 release last year outside of Japan, to be honest it is a game with good ideas but with poor execution and well regarded aesthetics , the price will be interesting as it is around E40 on the PS4 and Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bomberman's price is headed in the right direction :
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/super-bomberman-r-nintendo-switch-shopto-42-84-2605673
    (Shopto have it on PreOrder for £42.84)

• Advertisement

That'd still too high for me. Not that there isn't £42's worth of content in there, I have no idea, just that it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Advertisement