Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account...

• 14-02-2021 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm running Windows 10 Home edition
    When I log into Windows, i get a notification about account issues.
    I click through and I'm brought to the following screen to resolve.
    see screenshot here https://ibb.co/r4CCH5V
    When I click Fix Now, I attempt to enter my personal email address but then I get "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead".
    This is my personal laptop. I have logged into microsoft applications using my work and university credentials in the past so i'm guessing that's something to do with it. Any idea how to get around this? I know I could sign in with my work credentials but have a separate computer for work business and want to keep my laptop personal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Login to Windows with your personal account if you need to use Office, use Office 365 online and login in with your work email.

It will keep them seperate.

Advertisement