11-01-2021, 18:33   #31
MayoForSam

Thanks for the BA. I logged into YouTube in Chrome, set Hola to India, subbed using my employers plant address over there and signed up no bother. Invites sent out to my family and everything set up.

For €2 per month, that's a steal. My teenagers especially like the ability to stream music with YouTube running in the background. I had been using Vanced myself but it didn't work across all my devices and appeared to be causing some battery drain even when it wasn't running.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2021, 18:42   #32
Esse85

Brilliant value.
I cancelled my Netflix and Spotify accounts as the YT premium is so good.
11-01-2021, 18:49   #33
leex

Quote:
If you're setting up a family plan, make sure that's set up BEFORE you go to YouTube and BEFORE you start your VPN.
What is meant by this? Do you need to set up a free family account first before converting to Premium?
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2021, 19:11   #34
nephster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leex View Post
What is meant by this? Do you need to set up a free family account first before converting to Premium?
Yup. Add you family members, then fire up the VPN, go to the foreign site and subscribe. You'll need an address to put as your billing address; use the Irish Embassy or whatever
11-01-2021, 19:13   #35
nephster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers Mcginty View Post
Does everyone in the family need to download the vpn to use this or is the VPN just needed for sign up?
Just needed for the sign-up to Premium by the primary account. Can uninstall the VPN immediately after.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2021, 19:30   #36
TheDriver

Between this and tidal and Netflix from Turkey, all entertainment is sorted.
11-01-2021, 20:25   #37
drogon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
Between this and tidal and Netflix from Turkey, all entertainment is sorted.
Why Tidal ? You can just download the YouTube Music App instead. I know Tidal has better quality, but since most use bluetooth - I don't think the quality is preserved.
11-01-2021, 21:00   #38
AllForIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
If you intend to use this on android only then just download Youtube Vanced APK and don't be giving Google more money. No ads, allows background play/play on lock screen and when using other apps.

https://vancedapp.com/
Also if you download Brave browser you can access youtube through a web browser interface and get the same benefits as using vanced.
11-01-2021, 21:08   #39
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogon. View Post
Why Tidal ? You can just download the YouTube Music App instead. I know Tidal has better quality, but since most use bluetooth - I don't think the quality is preserved.
I find ytube music lacks a lot whereas tidal is as good as Spotify. At the price on turkey, it's worth it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2021, 21:37   #40
Skuxx

Just signed up for this using Hola on a desktop. Extremely simple. €1.45 a month using Revoult
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 09:53   #41
Soarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephster View Post
Yup. Add you family members, then fire up the VPN, go to the foreign site and subscribe. You'll need an address to put as your billing address; use the Irish Embassy or whatever
But people are saying that there's no need for a family account as a single sub can be used simultaneously across multiple devices?

Or have I read that wrong?
12-01-2021, 09:55   #42
eoghan104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx View Post
Just signed up for this using Hola on a desktop. Extremely simple. €1.45 a month using Revoult
What are the steps to take if you are already a premium account holder? Do I need to set up a new account or is there a way to re-sign up using a VPN?

luddite here btw!
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 10:33   #43
ablelocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by uli84 View Post
Is it possible to do the same on Spotify?
i don't think so - from my ltd reading it looks like the country of your card and the country of the spotify account have to match.
12-01-2021, 11:06   #44
chillinpenguin

Just a heads up on this. When you add people to your family it also adds them to your family Gmail calendar...father in law spying on us for weeks without knowing
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 12:00   #45
nephster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
But people are saying that there's no need for a family account as a single sub can be used simultaneously across multiple devices?

Or have I read that wrong?
You can use one account if you are happy logging your family into that Google account on their phones, which I suspect gives them access to its email etc. Less of an issue if you create the Gmail account you are to use specifically for this, I suppose.
And so long you are happy with everyone's choices all being mixed together. You'd see all the videos everyone had watched in the History tab, and influencing suggestions on what to watch.

I judged it worth the extra fiver or so a year for Family.

If you have Netflix, it'd be like everyone using the same profile to watch, rather than using different profiles for the kids etc. under the one account.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion