Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-01-2021, 22:13   #31
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm
 
Black_Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,635
Replacing my current printers ink would cost €44+ shipping. Or for €6 more I get a new printer, and lots of ink for 7 months. Can't say I've needed my printer much in the last year or so, but a bargain is a bargain
Black_Knight is offline  
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 22:18   #32
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
So what if you just keep putting in spent in cartridges? Will they keep sending you more ink?
yes..but you will need an active plan to use them...
Roberto_gas is offline  
13-01-2021, 11:22   #33
loopymum
Registered User
 
loopymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 975
I got this printer and just signed up using Roberto gas referral link so 6 months free on the highest plan of 24.99 per month, I've only seen that option using chrome.
Are we allowed post referral codes here?

Here is a link to the HP referral thread
loopymum is offline  
13-01-2021, 11:24   #34
deepsilent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
Thanks op, I got one
deepsilent is offline  
Thanks from:
13-01-2021, 11:24   #35
MAJJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,538
I'd imagine they have a unique batch/serial number for each cartridge. I too would be interested how to hack this
MAJJ is offline  
Advertisement
13-01-2021, 11:33   #36
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopymum View Post
I got this printer and just signed up using Roberto gas referral link so 6 months free on the highest plan of 24.99 per month, I've only seen that option using chrome.
Are we allowed post referral codes here?

Here is a link to the HP referral thread
Use FREEINK as well to get another month
Roberto_gas is offline  
13-01-2021, 16:46   #37
Nigzcurran
Registered User
 
Nigzcurran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 559
I’ve found another cheap hp printer with a 5 month free trial, no cash back deal though. So I need to sign up to a monthly plan then for the free ink? I’m not sure if I have to actually pay for the plan

Last edited by Nigzcurran; 13-01-2021 at 16:52.
Nigzcurran is offline  
13-01-2021, 16:59   #38
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigzcurran View Post
I’ve found another cheap hp printer with a 5 month free trial, no cash back deal though. So I need to sign up to a monthly plan then for the free ink? I’m not sure if I have to actually pay for the plan
Yes same process..only cashback will be not there..instant ink u wud get two months following the process

You buy printer.
U register with codes.
U select a plan.
No charges till free months r there !
Roberto_gas is offline  
13-01-2021, 17:19   #39
Nigzcurran
Registered User
 
Nigzcurran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Yes same process..only cashback will be not there..instant ink u wud get two months following the process

You buy printer.
U register with codes.
U select a plan.
No charges till free months r there !
Ok thanks for now!
Nigzcurran is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2021, 06:27   #40
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJJ View Post
I'd imagine they have a unique batch/serial number for each cartridge. I too would be interested how to hack this
I think they have a chip which prevents this...and also the peinter stops as well..do inform us if u find a way !
Roberto_gas is offline  
14-01-2021, 08:35   #41
mel123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,935
Only yesterday i was looking at printers, and today i spot this.
I was looking up laser printers yesterday because in my experience with these ink jets if you dont use them the ink cartridge just dries up and needs replacing, but i have not had one in many years. Is this still the case or have they moved on?
mel123 is offline  
14-01-2021, 08:39   #42
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel123 View Post
Only yesterday i was looking at printers, and today i spot this.
I was looking up laser printers yesterday because in my experience with these ink jets if you dont use them the ink cartridge just dries up and needs replacing, but i have not had one in many years. Is this still the case or have they moved on?
Ink is supplied by HP if u r on a plan..so they shud replace it...if u buy your own that risk exists
Roberto_gas is offline  
14-01-2021, 08:55   #43
RunningHorse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 9
Just so others know, I ordered this printer off the Irish site and DPD are now asking me to pay import duties from the UK on it ....
RunningHorse is offline  
14-01-2021, 09:18   #44
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningHorse View Post
Just so others know, I ordered this printer off the Irish site and DPD are now asking me to pay import duties from the UK on it ....
It was never available for delivery for me i think ? Only collection afaik....strange u r sent from uk
Roberto_gas is offline  
14-01-2021, 10:52   #45
Mango Joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 953
Hi All,

I've a older HP Printer that has always seemed to use a reasonable amount of ink over a good space of time.

Its probably 10 plus years old now and starting to give trouble.

I then bought 2 X HP 2630 Printers recently for the kids schoolwork and general use and am shocked that I can't keep ink in either of them.

I'd bought cartridges from Amazon and they each lasted a week.

Just wondering if HP inks are now tiny/poor value since instant ink etc was introduced or if I was just unlucky.

I can't be buying these every week or 10 days anyhow - They'll be put in the Wheelie bin with the other rubbish if so.....
Mango Joe is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet