13-01-2021, 14:04   #46
drunkmonkey

I'd budget in a BL touch, fitted one last night it was simple enough, still some fine tuning to do...
Advertisement
14-01-2021, 16:28   #47
Cheeky monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
I'd budget in a BL touch, fitted one last night it was simple enough, still some fine tuning to do...
They are very handy! The Chinese version like the 3DTouch seem to work perfectly fine from my experience, I've had two different ones(shipping error) and both seem to have pretty solid consistency when testing with the M48 command.

To be honest it turns into a bit of a modding hobby and you may end up spending enough to have bought another printer My current list of upgrades is Pi with camera running octoprint, Silentboard, Glass bed, Capricorn tubing, all metal extruder and 3dTouch. None of these were necessarily necessary bar maybe the bed because I took a chunk out of my old.
Thanks from:
14-01-2021, 16:34   #48
drunkmonkey

I'm still struggling with the BL I think it might be off a slight angle I'll give it another go later on.
Got the raspberry on adverts for the camera as want to keep an eye if I'm not there and the glass plate has arrived, the one I got with it was hocked very hard to get something to stick.

It's a modders dream alright, I'm enjoying the learning curve though. You've me lost with the command you mentioned but I've seen it mentioned a few times.
14-01-2021, 17:47   #49
Lucifer

Send a message via ICQ to Lucifer
I have done a few upgrades. Have a pi with octoprint and camera. I got the creality silent board. I have upgraded the bed springs which helps keep it level without needing regular adjustment. They were only about 3 euro. I have an all metal extruder but have not got around to fitting it. Have capricorn tubing ordered and a cheap all metal hotend ordered.

People who upgraded to the bltouch or equivalent, how often were you leveling the bed before getting this? I don't do it too often.

Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?
14-01-2021, 18:06   #50
andydurnin

What filliment do people use and where do people get them? Was looking at amazon but not sure of them now since brexit
Advertisement
15-01-2021, 10:54   #51
Zilog

Quote:
Be interested to hear how you connected it up, if you can share?
I have one installed but not done final connection to motherboard yet whilst I'm getting the 'feel' of the printer!
Looking on YouTube, there appear to be many ways to do, depending on board version (mines a v4.2.2, so 32 bit) or if you compile your own firmware.

Separately, a 3D printing forum would be great!
15-01-2021, 17:02   #52
Dingatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post

Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?
I had to cover the 5v when I moved to the SKR Mini board as it was causing some issues. When on the original board it was fine. Bit of electrical insulation tape and all good since and it turns the screen off when I power the printer down.
Thanks from:
15-01-2021, 18:25   #53
bryan06

Send a message via MSN to bryan06
I love my Ender3 Pro! I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic to help produce PPE face visors for nursing homes. It was a steep learning curve at the beginning but its worth it.
Mods I've done so far -
Bltouch
Solid bed mounts
Silent Mainboard
Raspberry Pi with Octoprint, webcam and led lights
Wifi controller power cord
New psu case with silent fan
Metal extruder with Capricorn tube

Heres a few of the character/nonfunctional prints I've done:
https://imgur.com/a/FUoy8yO
(3) thanks from:
15-01-2021, 19:51   #54
Zilog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan06 View Post
Heres a few of the character/nonfunctional prints I've done:
https://imgur.com/a/FUoy8yO
They look fantastic! Very impressive.
Advertisement
16-01-2021, 14:12   #55
bryan06

Thanks. Enjoy your printer!
16-01-2021, 16:54   #56
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
Be interested to hear how you connected it up, if you can share?
I have one installed but not done final connection to motherboard yet whilst I'm getting the 'feel' of the printer!
Looking on YouTube, there appear to be many ways to do, depending on board version (mines a v4.2.2, so 32 bit) or if you compile your own firmware.

Separately, a 3D printing forum would be great!
Mine was the 8bit, I just used the creality firmware from the website, flashed it with the usb adapter that came with the kit, after that it was just unplug the zstop and plug in the bltouch, it's only a few minutes work.
Can't for the life of me get it to put down an even print though, upgraded to glass bed at the same time, I've to do some more playing around to get it right, it's putting down half the print side perfect the other side is all stingy and lifting off the bed.
16-01-2021, 17:03   #57
drunkmonkey

I've posted up a forum request, support if you can would be great to get all the knowledge in the one place..
Looking forward to painting tips from Bryan..

Link to request

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058150454/1/#post115941037
(2) thanks from:
16-01-2021, 19:47   #58
bryan06

Quote:
I've posted up a forum request, support if you can would be great to get all the knowledge in the one place..
Looking forward to painting tips from Bryan..

Link to request

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/20581...#post115941037
Haha I'm just starting to learn.

As for your problem with getting an even layer. Do you use Octoprint by any chance? Theres a plugin called Bed Visualizer which is great for seeing whats going on with your bed.

I had a problem before where I couldn't get things level and it turned out that my z axis rollers were loose on the right hand side causing the head to be at an angle.
Thanks from:
16-01-2021, 19:52   #59
drunkmonkey

That's great haven't set up octoprint yet but have the raspberry and camera, I'll definitely check that out..
16-01-2021, 21:04   #60
andydurnin

Can anyone recommend a website or youtube channel for the likes of me who would be a complete beginner. I'd love to get into 3d printing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion