31-08-2020, 21:05   #31
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingwater View Post
I use the basicfil pla from amazon, https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CSX..._ne-sFbYSZANZY
Worried about the price of filament, how many rolls like that would it take to make the flower pot in your picture?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-08-2020, 23:15   #32
mickotoole

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgeandrodge View Post
How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.
With the prints you can choose how much infill the print has so you can choose 100% which is a solid black of plastic. Default for most slicers is 20% which would easily hold 100kg if it was used to make a stool for example. Generally the filament comes in 1kg spools. I reckon the vase in the previous post would use up about 50g or so.
(2) thanks from:
01-09-2020, 06:43   #33
drinkingwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
Worried about the price of filament, how many rolls like that would it take to make the flower pot in your picture?
It's only a 500gr roll, while most of the filaments come in a 1kg spool but yeah could print around 4-5 of those from the small 500gr spool. Some filaments will work for some and won't for others, it's all about your slicer settings (and of course about the quality of the filament too) .
I'd say it takes a few tries to get it right and it could be frustrating as well when a print fails, but once it is set up properly, very little adjustment needed on daily basis. Honestly YouTube is your best friend, I learned everything from it.
(2) thanks from:
01-09-2020, 07:30   #34
bobbyy gee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchooo View Post
https://www.tomtop.com/p-os1622eu.ht...=DE&aid=tt&cr=

Good price for the Ender 3 Pro, if you are into this sort of thing. Delivered from Germany so will be quick and no hidden taxes, all you'll pay is the €176.48 when using the code TTC3D.

Probably good to know that TomTop don't pay for return shipping, but PayPal will.

This is from the site:

1. The shipping fee for sending the phone back to us will be paid by customers except for DOA (damaged on arrival) situations. 2. During the return shipping, the customer is responsible for any and all customs charges, excise duties or tariffs during the item return to China. In these cases we will deduct the customs fees from your authorised refund amount.So as it is coming from Germany, there will be no customs charges, and if you buy it using PayPal, you can get up to £15 off the return delivery fee paid for. "Features
• Creality Ender 3 Pro is a DIY kit, with 12 installation steps, easy to assemble, multiple tools to choose from, let users experience more printing fun.
• Extruder was updated to a more advanced version: MK10, this change will “greatly reduce the risk of clogging and uneven extrusion”.
• The Nozzle of Creality Ender 3 Pro max temperature up to 255℃, hotbed max temperature up to 110℃, hotbed can reach 110℃ in about 5 minutes, that can meet the need of rapid heating and printing.
• Creality Ender 3 Pro adopts a new type of soft magnetic sticker, which makes it easier to remove the model and solve the problem of warped printing edges.
• CNC machining the y-axis mounting groove requires only a few steps to accurately position, and the structure is more stable.
• The printed model is of good quality, the size of the print is large enough, and the quality of Creality Ender 3 Pro is also very good.
• Safely protect the power supply, resume printing function, and resume printing after power is restored.
• The maximum printing size is 220*220*250mm / 8.6x8.6x9.8 inches.
• Creality Ender 3 Pro supports various 1.75mm printing filaments, such as PLA, ABS, Wood, TPU, gradient color, carbon fiber, etc.
• Creality Ender 3 Pro supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux operating system.
• With the free white filament material, the first printing test can be completed in a few minutes, the printed result is also good.
• The Creality Ender 3 Pro can print any models you can think of, and it can also print masks and goggles for your family."

Specifications
Model: Ender-3 Pro
Plug: US/EU/UK/AU(optional)
Frame Material: Aluminum Profile
Power Input: 110/240V, 50/60Hz
Power Output: DC 24V 270W
Printing Method: FDM(Fused Deposition Molding)
Printing Size: 220*220*250mm
Printing Speed: ≤180mm/s,Normal 30-60mm/s
Precision:±0.1mm
Layer Thickness: 0.1-0.4mm
Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
Nozzle Number: 1
Heatbed Temperature: ≤110℃
Working Mode: Online or Offline
File Format: STL,obj,amf
Slice Software: Cura, Repetier-Host, Simplify3D
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux
Filament: PLA,ABS,Wood,TPU,Gradient color,Carbon fiber,etc
Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
Item Size: 44.0 * 44.0 * 46.5cm / 17.3 * 17.3 * 18.3in
Item Weight: 6.9kg / 15.2lb
Package Size: 59.5 * 49.5 * 16.5cm / 23.4 * 19.5 * 6.5in
Package Weight: 8.9kg / 19.6lb

I don't see shipped from germany
01-09-2020, 12:33   #35
MOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyy gee View Post
I don't see shipped from germany
Point #2 at the top says says "as it is coming from Germany".
Though then again, point #1 includes "during the item return to China". And also refers to it as a phone.

Regardless, if you click the link there's an option on the store page to choose which warehouse you want it from.

Somebody please talk me out of buying this on impulse.
Advertisement
02-09-2020, 10:12   #36
lau1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
Somebody please talk me out of buying this on impulse.
Going to talk you into buying it

On the official Creality store, the price of the Ender 3 Pro is 176 Eur and if you select to ship from Czech, there should be nothing additional to pay VAT wise.

They have a promotion at the moment, if you buy 2 items (Basically any two item, the printer count as one item). You get another 5% off. (You will see that they have $5-$15 off on sign up at the top of the page, youo can pretty much ignore that. They cannot be stacked and it has minimum buy limit [i.e. 5 off for order over 100, 10 off for order over 300 and 15 off for order over 600]. So you're better off taking the 5% off when you buy two items)

In my opinion, if you are buying Ender 3 Pro, probably worth looking at Ender 3 V2 which is only 227 Eur. As with everything, do your own research first.

Personally I pulled the trigger on Ender 5 Pro this week with a PEI built plate (because I heard the stock plate is hit and miss).

Well, I hope you are convinced or at least find this useful.

Caveat 1: Make sure it is the CREALITY OFFICIAL - because there is an '.eu' web address version which is a reseller (??) disguising as Creality from what I can see on Reddit which was confusing when I was looking initially (Looks very similar - But you can tell because the contact page uses a Gmail address which give you all the hint).

Caveat 2: The Creality official store will show the price in Eur but when you check out it will only allow you to pay in USD. So take that into account and do your own check after conversion from your card you use.
(2) thanks from:
02-09-2020, 13:24   #37
machalla

Has anyone laid hands on this or have an opinion on it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...3d-printer-kit
08-09-2020, 21:13   #38
el Fenomeno

Mine arrived today. What upgrades have people bought, are you just using it straight out of the box?

Mine came with an EU plug so I need to get an adapter.
09-09-2020, 08:48   #39
drinkingwater

Get to know your printer before spending money on upgrades.

Print some upgrades from thingiverse (display back cover, cable clips, tray, feet dampers, etc.) and then decide what else you need.

I got the ekr mini 1.3 silent motherboard, probably the best upgrade you can get (newer version out now), makes the printer much more quiet. I also changed the magnetic bed to a glass bed, I like the glass more the bottom of the prints are much nicer. I also have it hooked up to a raspberry pi and use octoprint with it.
Upgraded bed springs, aluminium extruder are some really cheap upgrades and are highly recommended. But spend a few days /weeks with it, and then decide.

The power cable is just a standard UK kettle lead, probably you have one somewhere at home from an old computer or sthing else...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-09-2020, 10:27   #40
lau1247

Did anyone build any enclosure for the printer? If yes, what did you do?

I'm thinking of doing one just for the purpose of keeping dust to a minimum, more so than trying to print special material.

Prusa have some using Ikea Lack table. Seems very doable.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/cheap...nclosure_7785/

What do ye think? Any other suggestion?
09-09-2020, 12:05   #41
witnessmenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgeandrodge View Post
How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.
This is kind of a how long is a piece of string question. But I think you could make a table you could sit on from 3d printing.

As another poster mentioned, infill does have a roll to play in strength, but a more important factor is the design of the print and the orientation you print it

If you took a shelf bracket and printed it with the L of the bracket on the plate it would insanely stronger than the same bracket printed standing up. The weakest parts of the 3d prints are where the layers meet, so when designing or printing a piece, you should aim to not have the layers where it will experience the force.

For the shelf bracket example, the force will all be experienced at the corner and it will be all vertical forces, so if you printed the piece standing up on the print bed, where the layers meet would experience this force and it break much easier than the other way around.

Now, a better question might be why would you want to build a table out of 3d printing

I love it for designing bespoke solutions to problems, but I find it too slow to print things that there are other solutions to. I would never print shelf brackets for example, they are 50c in Ikea and they would take me 6-8 hours to print a pair of them.

Last edited by witnessmenow; 09-09-2020 at 12:08.
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 15:16   #42
el Fenomeno

Thanks OP. I always love it when people post bargains for essential everyday products. I don't know how I survived this long without my 3D printed This Is Fine meme dog, which is fresh off the printer after 44 hours from start to finish.

18-09-2020, 19:03   #43
podgeandrodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessmenow View Post
This is kind of a how long is a piece of string question. But I think you could make a table you could sit on from 3d printing.

As another poster mentioned, infill does have a roll to play in strength, but a more important factor is the design of the print and the orientation you print it

If you took a shelf bracket and printed it with the L of the bracket on the plate it would insanely stronger than the same bracket printed standing up. The weakest parts of the 3d prints are where the layers meet, so when designing or printing a piece, you should aim to not have the layers where it will experience the force.

For the shelf bracket example, the force will all be experienced at the corner and it will be all vertical forces, so if you printed the piece standing up on the print bed, where the layers meet would experience this force and it break much easier than the other way around.

Now, a better question might be why would you want to build a table out of 3d printing

I love it for designing bespoke solutions to problems, but I find it too slow to print things that there are other solutions to. I would never print shelf brackets for example, they are 50c in Ikea and they would take me 6-8 hours to print a pair of them.
Thanks for that excellent explanation!
07-01-2021, 13:32   #44
drunkmonkey

Have we a 3d print forum here, can't seem to find one.

Picked up a used ender 3 pro yesterday, first two prints were bang on, bit of a mess trying some this morning though after slicing in cura
12-01-2021, 22:31   #45
mossym

heads up that this is available at 175 again, with free shipping
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size