27-12-2020, 15:51   #2176
godtabh

£19 just confirmed.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 22:09   #2177
godtabh

Ordered from Spain. Shipped on the 29th of Dec according to tracking number I got. Still in Spain as of the 31st with no further updates.

Is this brexit slowing things down or is shipping from Spain normally slow?

Estimated delivery was the 7th
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 22:13   #2178
CFC007

Big snow storm in Spain this week would be your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godtabh View Post
Ordered from Spain. Shipped on the 29th of Dec according to tracking number I got. Still in Spain as of the 31st with no further updates.

Is this brexit slowing things down or is shipping from Spain normally slow?

Estimated delivery was the 7th
12-01-2021, 22:32   #2179
godtabh

Was that not the last two/three days?
12-01-2021, 23:55   #2180
kingkevlaw

i actually ordered after you and mine got delivered today

Is your shipping with GLS?
Advertisement
13-01-2021, 03:43   #2181
Suckit

GLS are taking on others workloads and are slowed down as a result. I have found shipping from Spain relatively fast, but recently not so much.
GLS from Germany are about 4 days slower than normal, but I don't think I have used them from Spain since the delays began.
13-01-2021, 08:19   #2182
godtabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkevlaw View Post
i actually ordered after you and mine got delivered today

Is your shipping with GLS?
I think so. Gls Ireland doesn’t show anything.
Thanks from:
14-01-2021, 20:07   #2183
NUTZZ

Nothing too fancy, just a bit of fun chasing the brothers RC plane with my X8 SE

(4) thanks from:
15-01-2021, 10:34   #2184
rodneytrotter15

Right not sure I need one really but this seems like a great price for the quality, extra batteries etc and I do love a gadget. Had a quick look at the video and I dont think there are any crash control sensors on it. How much or any issue is this for a novice ? I've flown the brother in laws DJI a few times and never came close to having a tip. I suppose the question is how much more would you expect to pay for one with the reassurance of crash control sensors. Also this one looks large so I assume it would have to be registered ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-01-2021, 14:53   #2185
serarra

Anything over 250g has to be registered.
Yes, it has to, but most of the djis have to as well.
If you need the avoidance sensors, you should not be flying it, having in consideration that you need to be able to see the drone at all times (even if this one can fly something like 8km away)
And the dji with sensors, you need to register as well, is the big one. The spark (249 so does not need registration) has only the downward sensor, like the fimi. But on windy conditions, fimi is better, because of size.
15-01-2021, 15:25   #2186
rodneytrotter15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
Fimi X8 SE is currently €309 from Spain with code BgFIMIWE (without FIMI care)
https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-...=ES&ID=6288101
Going to pull the trigger on one of these. Is this the best value one to go for at the moment ?
Thanks from:
15-01-2021, 16:11   #2187
NUTZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneytrotter15 View Post
Right not sure I need one really but this seems like a great price for the quality...
Quote:
Going to pull the trigger on one of these. Is this the best value one to go for at the moment ?
Just some of my thoughts based on the queries above;

- Firstly this is a great drone at this price point. It has a lot of tech and features which higher spec'd models have. It's priced so that it won't break the bank, and more importantly, won't break your heart if you happen to crash it. It is a lot of fun and highly capable in many situations for the average user, and handles well in Irish weather.

- It doesn't have obstacle avoidance, but this really is not a necessity, especially for the average user. It's an expensive feature to add, and takes you to a different bracket of drone. The Mavic Mini, a competitor to the X8 for most people, also doesn't have it. And the likes of the Mavic Air 2 which do have it, are €600+

- In my opinion, you definitely need somewhat of an interest in video editing and/or content creation to get the most out of your drone. A lot of people don't seem to realise the novelty of flying a drone and having hours of boring footage can wear off very quickly, and leads to drones lying idle in peoples houses for months or up on DoneDeal with very little flight time. Most of my SD card footage consists of a couple of hours of raw footage and ends up being a 5 minute video after using the most varied and smooth shots.

- As mentioned above, from the IAA, all drone operators using any drone over 250grams, or those with a camera or sensor need to be registered, which includes the FIMI X8.

Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence about purchasing the drone!

Last edited by NUTZZ; 15-01-2021 at 20:13.
Thanks from:
15-01-2021, 16:20   #2188
rodneytrotter15

Thanks Nutzz, I wouldn't actually mind editing footage but I suppose it does pose another question. How user friendly is said editing software ? Let's say I've an hours footage taken up the coast and want to edit it to a 5 minute video...how long are we talking to pull it together and is basic s/w reasonably priced...
Thanks from:
15-01-2021, 16:22   #2189
madmoe

Quote:
Thanks Nutzz, I wouldn't actually mind editing footage but I suppose it does pose another question. How user friendly is said editing software ? Let's say I've an hours footage taken up the coast and want to edit it to a 5 minute video...how long are we talking to pull it together and is basic s/w reasonably priced...
Great question! I would like to know this as well please.

Many thanks,
M
15-01-2021, 16:34   #2190
NUTZZ

Quote:
Unfortunately it's a little bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string'! But I'll give my opinion.

- You don't have to spend any money on video editing software. The likes of HitFilm Express or Movie Maker on PC and iMovie on Mac are great little starting points which are free. They provide all the basics for cutting together a little video, transitions, filters etc and give a surprising amount of options and choices. Then you have the paid software, the likes of Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro. These are fully stacked editing software which allow you to create high quality and professional standard videos, but do require skill and experience.

- As regards to how long a video can take to edit, well that depends on the amount of editing you're looking to do and skill level. For basic editing, stitching together and trimming shots, with simple transitions, it really might not take you long at all. But if you want to start playing with effects, colour grading etc. it could take you hours/days depending on how much footage you have and the length of the final video!

Now that's a very basic generalisation I've made there just to give you an idea. Skill level plays a big part, what takes me 2 hours to edit, might take someone else 15 minutes or vice versa!

Last edited by NUTZZ; 15-01-2021 at 16:37.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion