11-01-2021, 00:52   #5896
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
apparently they're no longer installing the hybrids, but I'll find out this week as I'll be asking for one ( I have an old HD box in the other room which I occasionally use for FTA football).
Have a look on here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55
Sky won't but ask the fitter if he has one and get him to fit it when installing or buy one on Ebay and install it yourself.
Advertisement
11-01-2021, 02:47   #5897
tm2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
apparently they're no longer installing the hybrids, but I'll find out this week as I'll be asking for one ( I have an old HD box in the other room which I occasionally use for FTA football).
Did for me (my mum) a few weeks ago. Q box upgrade, fitted a hybrid LNB so her old FTA Sky+ HD Box in her bedroom would still work
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2021, 22:06   #5898
machiavellianme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Don Thorpe View Post
Being charged twice the price for the same service is not a good deal and it is an outrage. It's time people here stopped paying these extortionate prices.
A lesser service. We have fewer channels and fewer again since Brexit. Have a look at the music channel listings
Thanks from:
11-01-2021, 22:10   #5899
snowgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavellianme View Post
A lesser service. We have fewer channels and fewer again since Brexit. Have a look at the music channel listings
Yes this!!! We noticed over Christmas hardly any music channels... why is this?
12-01-2021, 20:32   #5900
EverythingGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgal View Post
Yes this!!! We noticed over Christmas hardly any music channels... why is this?
Licensing issues I'd imagine
Advertisement
16-01-2021, 12:46   #5901
0ph0rce0

How do you get in touch with these guys if you are deaf?

When you explain and write to them online you're still always told you have to ring but it's pointless when you can't hear?

Madness really.

For a family member, I'm not deaf myself.
16-01-2021, 17:04   #5902
muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ph0rce0 View Post
How do you get in touch with these guys if you are deaf?

When you explain and write to them online you're still always told you have to ring but it's pointless when you can't hear?

Madness really.

For a family member, I'm not deaf myself.
Have a read at this particularly the post at the bottom where texting is mentioned
16-01-2021, 17:15   #5903
jelutong

Catch 22.
16-01-2021, 17:30   #5904
0ph0rce0

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Have a read at this particularly the post at the bottom where texting is mentioned
Cheers I found a page through that link, When I searched it was only UK contacts coming up.

When you go into the Accessibility contact section and select hearing impaired the first option is ahh sure give us a call
Advertisement
16-01-2021, 17:38   #5905
muffler

Seems like you have to register as an accessibility customer first in order to avail of the service
18-01-2021, 13:29   #5906
KevinK

Was paying €65 a month with Sky for boradband and TV. This expired a few months ago and now paying €95 a month.

Rang today and they best they could offer is €75 a month. Seems a bit crap but don't want to go to the bother of cancelling.
18-01-2021, 20:28   #5907
Terpsichorean Master

I have a Sky engineer coming this week to install Sky Q in my parents' house and I was wondering if anyone has any advice wrt Hybrid LNBs etc?

They have the same ancient, original SD box since the initial installation twenty-odd years ago, so will that still work - or does it make a difference?

I asked about getting a Sky+ box instead, but Sky said on the phone that they don't supply them any more - and so we would've had to have paid to get a refurbished one, which we were not interested in doing. I know they certainly don't want to be in a situation where they can't watch any FTA TV, should they cancel their contract with Sky - and I find the fact that that's even possible, to be a really snide move by Sky tbh.

Also, how much does extra does/should multi-room cost with Sky Q? And can you watch different channels/programmes to what's being watched on the main box?

They've since gotten another TV and it could now be an option, depending on price.

Cheers.
18-01-2021, 22:18   #5908
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpsichorean Master View Post
I have a Sky engineer coming this week to install Sky Q in my parents' house and I was wondering if anyone has any advice wrt Hybrid LNBs etc?

They have the same ancient, original SD box since the initial installation twenty-odd years ago, so will that still work - or does it make a difference?

I asked about getting a Sky+ box instead, but Sky said on the phone that they don't supply them any more - and so we would've had to have paid to get a refurbished one, which we were not interested in doing. I know they certainly don't want to be in a situation where they can't watch any FTA TV, should they cancel their contract with Sky - and I find the fact that that's even possible, to be a really snide move by Sky tbh.

Also, how much does extra does/should multi-room cost with Sky Q? And can you watch different channels/programmes to what's being watched on the main box?

They've since gotten another TV and it could now be an option, depending on price.

Cheers.
Multi room is a disgraceful €19 extra I just saw it on their site. I've had multi room since day one (2010) and I've never ever paid them full price for it, never bloody will either!! The extra box is very neat and small, it connects to the main Q box wirelessly and you can watch whatever you like on it, recordings are stored on the Q box.
18-01-2021, 22:28   #5909
Terpsichorean Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBo55 View Post
Multi room is a disgraceful €19 extra I just saw it on their site. I've had multi room since day one (2010) and I've never ever paid them full price for it, never bloody will either!! The extra box is very neat and small, it connects to the main Q box wirelessly and you can watch whatever you like on it, recordings are stored on the Q box.
And it's only £12 in the UK - which converts to a nowhere-near-19, €13.50; even at the current higher than usual post-Brexit rate. We really are getting relentlessly screwed here compared to the UK, all the same.

That sounds pretty simple and convenient - is there any extra installation/rental/ just-for-the-hell-of-it fee, aside from the monthly rate, do you know?
18-01-2021, 22:33   #5910
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpsichorean Master View Post
And it's only £12 in the UK - which converts to a nowhere-near-19, €13.50; even at the current higher than usual post-Brexit rate. We really are getting relentlessly screwed here compared to the UK, all the same.

That sounds pretty simple and convenient - is there any extra installation/rental/ just-for-the-hell-of-it fee, aside from the monthly rate, do you know?
I'm not sure if there's any installation fee, for me it says there's no one off charge but I think it's because I have multiroom already.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion