Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this really bad advice from Credit Union?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Never ceases to amaze me the advertising and product marketing that credit unions get away with, they are supposed to be regulated.

The big 'We Lend, You Spend' sign slapped on the side wall of one in a nearby a local village would never be allowed if it was bank doing that.

I have seen other similar irresponsible and legally questionable campaigns. Don't know how they get away with it.

For about the tenth year in a row, no dividend from my local credit union.

Are any of the credit unions paying dividends?

They basically say that the only way they will pay you a dividend in the future is to take out a loan.

Its a mad mad system.

I get 10% of the interest I paid throughout the year returned to me. That's it. Nothing from savings and although I like my (Drogheda) Credit Union in general (albeit they're a tad expensive), i do wonder what they're at sometimes with their money. For example, spending money renting out a 'loan office' from the shopping centre next door. :rolleyes:

'Squander, squander' comes to mind.

Advertisement