Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camper gear cable

• 17-02-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    Can anyone help? We need a gear cable set for a 1996 Fiat Ducato 1.9 Campervan. Our mechanic can’t seem to source one. Any advice greatly appreciated 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd advise to get a new mechanic.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi NOC1,

I've moved your thread across to the dedicated Motorhomes, Campervans & Caravans forum where people may be better able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NOC1

Effects wrote: »
    I'd advise to get a new mechanic.

Maybe but he’s always been fantastic and local to us so we’re reluctant to go elsewhere at the moment.

Hi NOC1,

I've moved your thread across to the dedicated Motorhomes, Campervans & Caravans forum where people may be better able to help.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

NOC1 wrote: »
    Maybe but he’s always been fantastic and local to us so we’re reluctant to go elsewhere at the moment.

Have you tried sourcing it on ebay for him?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Have you tried sourcing it on ebay for him?

We have but the older ones seem harder to come by, OH is popping out to see him now to show him what we’ve found and check if they’re any good. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Max H

Try phoning Donaghey's Motorhomes in Letterkenny.

Max H wrote: »
    Try phoning Donaghey's Motorhomes in Letterkenny.

Thanks Max will do

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it a specific motorhome part or just your standard linkage as you’d have on a Ducato van?

I’d have thought they’d be easily got online or from a Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot main dealer if they’re the standard van parts.

Often they just need greasing/freeing up.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it a specific motorhome part or just your standard linkage as you’d have on a Ducato van?

I’d have thought they’d be easily got online or from a Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot main dealer if they’re the standard van parts.

It is a motorhome, himself has been in touch with Donagheys and we’re waiting to hear back, they are very helpful. Thank you for your info too

I wonder if LHD cables are different to RHD. The gear lever is offset on them so id imagine the RHD is longer.

Thanks, this one isn’t suitable but we rang the seller in the UK who is checking but thinks he has one we need and is letting us know in the morning. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This thread really isnt in the correct forum. While it is a motorhone, the component has nothing to do with the habitation side your vehicle and is a standard component for a fiat Ducato commercial van. Best of luck with your search, a decent automotive supplier would be able to reg plate search the part. Bradshaw in Portlaoise, Newbridge, Tullamore, Carlow tend to be rather good

Advertisement