Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Picture PEEHS 3:TV Shows!

• 07-02-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to EN's Picture PEEHS 3:TV Shows!

For those of you who played the album covers quiz, this is the same principle but you have to name TV shows, you can jump down to the pics if you want

But if this makes no sense, you need the beginners guide to PEEHS
    PEEHS is basically like TV's Pointless. You'll get one point for every person who gives the same answer as you, and you want low scores. So you want to deviate from the crowd.
    Research isn't allowed - no googling, no image searches, no watching TV until this is over ;)

In this quiz you'll see 15 sets of 8 pictures taken from TV shows, you just have to name one of those shows - the one you think fewest people will name.
    HINT: Now, take this with a piece of salt as I may be completely wrong this time... but... when we played this before, obvious answers often scored low as people avoided them. It's often the middle ground that scores high. But now that I've said that it won't be. This game is infuriating but you'll love it!

To enter, send me a PM with the list of 15 TV shows (unnumbered please, so I can copy them out easily)

I'll give out answers and scores over the course of an hour or so one evening. If you can, it's cool having people on board commenting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

So, on with the show(s)!
    (don't get too caught up by the categories, they were mostly just to help me with structuring it)

Round 1 - Cops
    Cops.jpg

Round 2 - Down The Pub
    The-pub.jpg

Round 3 - I Need A Medic Here!
    Medical.jpg

Round 4 - Battle of the Bands
    Bands.jpg

Round 5 - Sports
    Sports.jpg

Round 6 - Oscar Winners
    (someone in each of these pictures has won an acting oscar, but I'm still looking for the name of the TV Show)
    Oscar-winners.jpg

Round 7 - All at Sea
    Boats.jpg

Round 8 - Quizshows
    Quizzes.jpg

Round 9 - Space
    Space.jpg

Round 10 - Never work with children or animals
    Animals.jpg

Round 11 - Cars
    Cars.jpg

Round 12 - Royalty
    Royals.jpg

Round 13 - I Need A Hero
    Superheroes.jpg

Round 14 - Robots
    Robots.jpg

Round 15 - Contestants, ready

Gameshows-action.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

this sounds like fun, except i can't see pictures in work, will check it out over the weekend and fire in an entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Count me in for this as I'm a total glutton for punishment:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As reigning Peehs Champion, it'd be rude of me not to take part, and as a Telly Addict how could I not give it a shot, so count me in.

Will get an entry in at some stage today - having had a quick glance through them there, this one is going to be super frustrating I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I've thrown in an entry. Probably totally misunderstood the object of the game...

• Advertisement

I've thrown in an entry. Probably totally misunderstood the object of the game...

You're winning at the moment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Music wasnt the one for me in fairness, but this one is right up my street, I'll fire in an entry when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I watch next to no TV so this was a real challenge for me. Had to rely on my toddler's taste in TV for some of them!

I knew nearly all the shows there, jaysus it's much harder trying to choose one when you know them. :(

In now anyways

Not as good with TV as I am with music but I think there's at least one show in each round I know (probably at most one for some of them) so I'll send in an entry this evening.

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »
    I knew nearly all the shows there, jaysus it's much harder trying to choose one when you know them. :(

In now anyways

Yep, very hard when you know the majority of them. That was an ordeal deciding which ones to go for, but I've sent them in... Now it's just a waiting game... :D

Flying start, four entries in already :)

27855e03793d65b9bd3819945e89312d.gif

Yep, very hard when you know the majority of them. That was an ordeal deciding which ones to go for, but I've sent them in... Now it's just a waiting game... :D

I'm already having second thoughts about a few of them..

Trigger wrote: »
    I'm already having second thoughts about a few of them..

Haha, you have no idea Trigg! If you could only see the PM's between myself and EN. I've made some far too cautious choices, despite spotting one potentially fantastic answer, but had last minute nerves, let a sliver of doubt get in, and bottled it. Kicking myself here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Aaarrghhhh!!!!!!! There's one show that I watched when it was on, that I don't think many people would know of it but for the life of me, I cannot recall what it's called.

I could tell you what the show is about in great but argh this is driving me crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Am watching one of those shows as I type

Will definitely get an answer in for this one

Oh great idea!
    I'll get my answers in over the weekend

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In. Got them all right anyways which is always helpful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

sure will enter - why not, the wooden spoon loves tv shows :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I have submitted my entries. Hopefully, I will do better with this one than I did with the album covers!

Little bump for today, twelve players in already :)

1vb1iq.gif

When do you want them in by Nitty?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    When do you want them in by Nitty?

Oops, meant to put that in the OP!

I was thinking of having the reveal on Monday week, the 17th, so by lunchtime then. No rush :)

I was thinking of having the reveal on Monday week, the 17th, so by lunchtime then. No rush

If you're revealing on my birthday, you got to let me win. It's in the rules.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If you're revealing on my birthday, you got to let me win. It's in the rules.

I'm sure everyone will agree to me adding some bonus points to your score ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just fired mine in there.

Haha, you have no idea Trigg! If you could only see the PM's between myself and EN. I've made some far too cautious choices, despite spotting one potentially fantastic answer, but had last minute nerves, let a sliver of doubt get in, and bottled it. Kicking myself here at the moment.

I'll be curious to find out what your potentially fantastic answer would have been. I too think I spotted a potentially fantastic answer, but I kept it in.

Entries in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

In! (Since yesterday but i forgot to post)

• Advertisement

Entries are still coming in :)
    Up to...

tumblr_owpdrrhV2w1rn5gv3o1_400.gifv

Advertisement