Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Got a payment of €459 into account today. Have no idea what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Got a payment of €459 into account today. Have no idea what is going on.

That’s 2 1/3 weeks. Spend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

So now it’s pot luck, literally a case of checking your online bank balance every so often to see if they lodged anything???

So now it’s pot luck, literally a case of checking your online bank balance every so often to see if they lodged anything???

Yep. It's all over the place and i'm starting to lose track of what payments i have received and missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

I got money backdated two weeks ago, then got a half week last week and nothing this week. I can't continue like this it's insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

NickD wrote: »
    I got money backdated two weeks ago, then got a half week last week and nothing this week. I can't continue like this it's insane.

All because of some form changes that they implemented.....hmmm

Did they just put your normal weekly payment into your account pus backdated money?

I think if every single person who has been affected by this queued up to see the CWO wether they were entitled to an SWA then it would soon be sorted.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think if every single person who has been affected by this queued up to see the CWO wether they were entitled to an SWA then it would soon be sorted.

The thing about Illness Benefit is they've moved office and they lost a lot of files and that

It's now a closed office on Store Street, no public access

The thing about Illness Benefit is they've moved office and they lost a lot of files and that

It's now a closed office on Store Street, no public access

No that’s not what I mean. If you are in receipt of Illness Benefit and you haven’t had a payment this week, then you need to go to your local SW office and make an appointment to see the CWO and insist on applying for an SWA.
    If the CWO in every SW office was swamped with applicants then Illness Benefit would soon have to sort this all out.

• Advertisement

Did they just put your normal weekly payment into your account pus backdated money?

I think it was four weeks total, I'd been waiting five weeks at that stage but I am going off what the citizens info website said I'd be entitled to based on earnings as I haven't received a letter from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I got a payment this morning, which I shouldn’t of since I got two payments last week. I owe them roughly €230. I’ve always sent my cert to the local office. Wondering what I should do with the next one. I’m getting paid (plus extra) at the moment, so it would seem foolish to change what I’m doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

I've been sick since the start of August, and I've not received one Illness Benefit payment.

I'm still submitting the old MC1/MC2 forms from my doctor, I explained to him it's not my fault that I'm caught in the middle between civil servants and doctors.

1hr 2mins on hold yesterday and today before the line cuts off.

No acknowledgement, nothing. I've contacted my TD, and even he's being rebuffed. He said I'd get payment by Tuesday, still nothing.

WDR wrote: »
    I've been sick since the start of August, and I've not received one Illness Benefit payment.

I'm still submitting the old MC1/MC2 forms from my doctor, I explained to him it's not my fault that I'm caught in the middle between civil servants and doctors.

1hr 2mins on hold yesterday and today before the line cuts off.

No acknowledgement, nothing. I've contacted my TD, and even he's being rebuffed. He said I'd get payment by Tuesday, still nothing.

Have you been to see the CWO at your local SW office to apply for a SWA? I can’t understand why anyone would go to a TD before seeing the CWO. The CWO has the authority to write you a check on the spot.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Have you been to see the CWO at your local SW office to apply for a SWA? I can’t understand why anyone would go to a TD before seeing the CWO. The CWO has the authority to write you a check on the spot.

Don't assume that because I didnt mention it, that I didn't do it already.

I've been to the CWO and I have received SWA from them. I did that long before contacting a TD. I contacted the TD once I realised there was an issue between the GP's and SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I contacted the TD once I realised there was an issue between the GP's and SW.

I didn’t realise there was an issue. I got the old form last month from my GP, but just presumed he was slow on the change over. Due to get my next one on Monday. Anyone know what the actual issue is?

Got another payment tonight but bank took most of it for to pay off loan. God knows how long i will have to wait for next payment.
    MABS had contacted them but obviously they are not listening. Yes i know i have to pay bank my loan but 175 euro leaves me with just over 20 Euro.

And it's nearly 2am and this has me awake all night.

Got no payment again today. I don't know what is going on my head is wrecked with this. How they can do this to people who are already sick I don't understand

Got no payment again today. I don't know what is going on my head is wrecked with this. How they can do this to people who are already sick I don't understand

It’s all been a terrible disaster. I’m afraid the only way to get it sorted is to pester and I mean pester another section of the department, the CWOs. Ring call in and queue if you can and insist that you want to apply for a SWA, even if your not eligible.
    The CWOs are busy enough without having to deal with the fallout from this debacle and will kick up murder if it’s landed on them.
    If the Union gets involved it’ll be sorted out quickly.
    Heads should roll over this and the repeated shambles that is the BTSCFA

Keep checking bank app every few hours to see if they've lodged anything

• Advertisement

I got a letter this morning, dated 31st August (today is the 10th September)

The letter states that my claim for lllness Benefit has been awarded from (date earlier in August)

It also says...
    "Payment has been made to you on another Social Welfare scheme in the period for which you are claiming lllness Benefit. Certain Social Welfare payments cannot be paid for the same days as lllness Benefit. lf you are in receipt of one of these payments, it may now be stopped or reduced. Payments on this scheme after 13-08-2018 may be deducted from your first payment of lllness Benefit.
    Your rate of payment is made up as follows:

Personal Rate €88.90
    Total €88.90
    Taxable Total €88.90

What does this mean? I have been getting SWA, so will €88.90 be deducted per week from my IB??? Very confusing language.

I got a letter this morning, dated 31st August (today is the 10th September)

The letter states that my claim for lllness Benefit has been awarded from (date earlier in August)

It also says...
    "Payment has been made to you on another Social Welfare scheme in the period for which you are claiming lllness Benefit. Certain Social Welfare payments cannot be paid for the same days as lllness Benefit. lf you are in receipt of one of these payments, it may now be stopped or reduced. Payments on this scheme after 13-08-2018 may be deducted from your first payment of lllness Benefit.
    Your rate of payment is made up as follows:

Personal Rate €88.90
    Total €88.90
    Taxable Total €88.90

What does this mean? I have been getting SWA, so will €88.90 be deducted per week from my IB??? Very confusing language.

The SWA is going to stop as the IB begins.
    Your IB will be backdated to when you first applied but whatever you got in the meantime from SWA will be deducted from the arrears.
    However. Your on the lowest rate of IB. If IB is going to be your only source of household income then you will have to ask the CWO to make it up to the SWA rate.
    If it is your only source of income you must take that letter to the CWO.

Has anyone had any joy from illness benefit? I'm in exactly the same place, no payment, no word, can't get through on the phone

Finally got through to them after 1 hour 20 on hold.

The gentleman who I spoke to checked my file on the computer, he said there was a payment made by Illness Benefit on Wednesday 12th Sept (today) into a KBC account he confirmed my BIC and IBAN.

Because it was so recent he couldn’t confirm the amount but told me to ring the bank.

I rang KBC and they said to just keep checking my mobile and desktop banking, but KBC were fast movers and something should show up after 12 tonight so I’ll keep you all posted

I got through today after an hour twenty minutes too, that must have been the hold time today. ðŸ˜

Gentleman I spoke to said that there is a bug in the new system which is randomly stopping people's payments, they have no way of knowing who has been cut off until the customer gets in touch with them. I asked him was it happening to many people, he said it was an alarming amount.

My case has been 'sent upstairs' whatever that means and they'll sort in out in a few days. I asked him could it happen again, he said yes absolutely.

If at all possible call them and hang on until you get someone, just in case you have been randomly stopped, they won't realise on their own.

I got a letter in the post from a TD. Said they are sorry bla bla bla e.t.c.
    I sent my query by email too.
    Tired of all this crap by them .

Anyone think the guy I spoke to was telling porkies just to get me off the phone as he knew I was pissed off after calling 7 times and speaking to 7 differrent people

He seemed a bit slow and senile although he was able to tell me my exact bank details and that a payment was made this morning to my a/c

Why would the figure not show up?

Anyone think the guy I spoke to was telling porkies just to get me off the phone as he knew I was pissed off after calling 7 times and speaking to 7 differrent people

He seemed a bit slow and senile although he was able to tell me my exact bank details and that a payment was made this morning to my a/c

Why would the figure not show up?

Did you get your payment after?

No payment so I got onto KBC who said they had no record of payment, however as it may have been made yesterday, it could have gone into what's known as a holding account which won't show up but payment could be with me today/tonight possibly

I then rang illness benefit - on hold for an hour then call ddrops

Calling them back now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Does anybody know how long should I wait after applying for the first payment to come through?

Judging by all previous posts it is a mess for previous recipients, does it affect new claims badly, too? Sent new form just last week, so won't be owed any money yet, but want to plan my finances ahead for next few weeks as I won't be back at work until end of October.

I guess the best plan is not to expect any money at all anytime soon? Or is it not that bad for all?

Advertisement