Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

The Raptor wrote: »
    Here's a screenshot of the tracking information.

Is the tracking number working on the anpost website?

When it shows like that it's not in Ireland, it's the same as was commented before, that's the sender company saying it's in Ireland as soon as it leaves China/HK, maybe try to contact the sender company to ask them to clarify as anpost hasn't receive it.

nava wrote: »
    Is the tracking number working on the anpost website?

When it shows like that it's not in Ireland, it's the same as was commented before, that's the sender company saying it's in Ireland as soon as it leaves China/HK, maybe try to contact the sender company to ask them to clarify as anpost hasn't receive it.

could it not be in customs? maybe that's where the delay is? (for this and for other similar situations?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

The tracking shows sent to ireland on the 10th and in ireland on the 11th, theres not a chance of that happening with china/hk/singapore post ect.

As i mentioned before DHL express takes 3 days from China to Ireland, and your likely to be paying extra for that or buying a higher value item that its included "free" in, so theres no way economy airmail is going to get here quicker.

As for customs itll show "item sent to customs" / "item held by customs" if its here and they have it.

I had 2 packages delivered today that were sent on the 8th, 1 with tracking and 1 without, so far since january things seem normal for me, its october and november that seem to be the black hole

glasso wrote: »
    could it not be in customs? maybe that's where the delay is? (for this and for other similar situations?)

When it goes to customs it shows on the tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah at last my stuff has come! Was a record 8 plus weeks in no mans land but got here in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

If something can take weeks, what have ye been doing? Do ye open a PayPal dispute, even though it can take way longer than 45 days?

If something can take weeks, what have ye been doing? Do ye open a PayPal dispute, even though it can take way longer than 45 days?

A few months back they change so You can open a dispute on Paypal up to 180 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

You contact the vendor and they generally refund without hassle..as long as a certain time frame has passed ...usually 30 or 40 working days.

I never had to open a paypal dispute with a Chinese vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

archer22 wrote: »
    You contact the vendor and they generally refund without hassle..as long as a certain time frame has passed ...usually 30 or 40 working days.

I never had to open a paypal dispute with a Chinese vendor.

I've had to do it on numerous occasions, more so lately than in previous years. A couple of sellers just kept telling me to "give it more days" over and over, and started to insist that delivery taking up to 60 days was normal. I always revert to what they put on their own auction, and if they state 20-30 days I hold them to that.

Currently waiting on three different packages, all from the first week in January. A fourth package that was sent at the same time arrived at the start of February, but no sign of the others. All were given tracking numbers, only one actually shows any information and that was the 27th of January.

410672.jpeg

Starting to get annoying how long these are taking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭vandriver

I ordered a phone case (only 6 quid) on Oct 25th-didnt arrive.Messaged seller ,got sent a replacement 1st week in January-didnt arrive.Im now on my third promised case .

• Advertisement

I'm glad I checked here. I know now that my things (half I forgot what I ordered) can take a few more weeks and it's not unusual with the tracking that says it's here in Ireland.

What has me baffled though, I got something two weeks ago and it only took two weeks which seems to be the fastest and it was ordinary post.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Here's a screenshot of the tracking information.

That's Malaysia Post by the looks of it.

I get stuff regularly from a Chinese supplier that uses them, and the supposed tracking always says the item has arrived in Ireland a day after it left Kuala Lumpur (KLIA). It's just their way of saying it's left Malaysia and they can no longer track it. A month later my orders arrive with An Post and I get them the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What has me baffled though, I got something two weeks ago and it only took two weeks which seems to be the fastest and it was ordinary post.

They delay only effects stuff sent up to Chrimbo. Consignments from the new year onwards are flowing normally.

ED E wrote: »
    They delay only effects stuff sent up to Chrimbo. Consignments from the new year onwards are flowing normally.

Nah, stuff ordered in January is on a go slow for me. I had a few orders in November and December that arrived in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

3rd November and 3rd December still outstanding, got refund for the November item, the December item he says he will refund but mysteriously fail. Gave him till Monday, then I will negative feedback on Ebay and initiate refund through Paypall. Both are small items, but still.

morgana wrote: »
    3rd November and 3rd December still outstanding, got refund for the November item, the December item he says he will refund but mysteriously fail. Gave him till Monday, then I will negative feedback on Ebay and initiate refund through Paypall. Both are small items, but still.

You can only leave feedback on eBay within 60 days of the purchase. After that, you can still try get a refund through Paypal, but eBay won't listen to you.

I've ordered stuff from, Ebay, gearbest and aliexpress with despatch emails at the end of January/early February and only one out of five turned up.

It can't be all the seller's fault to why they aren't showing up. The Chinese new year is over as well so there shouldn't be any delay. What's the hold up with them.

I've ordered stuff from, Ebay, gearbest and aliexpress with despatch emails at the end of January/early February and only one out of five turned up.

It can't be all the seller's fault to why they aren't showing up. The Chinese new year is over as well so there shouldn't be any delay. What's the hold up with them.

It certainly isn't the sellers fault...all the vendors in China didn't go mad overnight :).
    I doubt the Chinese postal service are on a go slow either, I think if it was and given its a state subsidised service, there would be firing squads busy by now.

So that leaves who?.

Intermediate Logistics Partners
    Customs & Revenue
    An Post

We cant determine who it is. Need an insider to spill the beans.

Customs & Revenue
    An Post

Might be just coincidence but I believe An Post is cost cutting at the moment...talking about things like laying off staff, closing post offices and of course a huge price increase for their own service.
    Am sure the ever growing nuisance of mail from China to be sorted and delivered for free is not flavour of the month with their accountants and planners at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Customs & Revenue
    An Post

Insider I know in An Post tells me that the hearsay is that management have said "we aren't getting paid to deliver it so don't bother sorting it", but every time they tell me that they point out that no they have spoken to knows 100% for sure.

USO doesnt apply to it so as long as its not obvious to the UPU they'd know theyd get away with it.

archer22 wrote: »
    Might be just coincidence but I believe An Post is cost cutting at the moment...talking about things like laying off staff, closing post offices and of course a huge price increase for their own service.
    Am sure the ever growing nuisance of mail from China to be sorted and delivered for free is not flavour of the month with their accountants and planners at the moment.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I've got orders since the end of January/start of February. One out of five came in a reasonable amount of time, took about two weeks for one of them.

Then I have orders have mid February and I'm still waiting on them.

I have ordered stuff last year and I don't think it took more than 3 weeks for anything to come.

Somebody else also mentioned an post in the aliexpress bargain alerts forum. An post got a new CEO last October and he was on the radio during the week talking about the price increase in stamps and the job losses and post office closures. They reckon they made changes to the items coming from China.

Which makes perfect sense because the things I ordered last year all came in about 3 weeks. The last time I bought something from China would have been around September or October.

Another poster in the same thread, ordering something through an post took 42 days. Using address pal it took 17 days.

So it seems an post aren't bothered delivering our mail. Then they have the cheek to up the cost of stamps for all their 'great' work.

Another poster in the same thread, ordering something through an post took 42 days. Using address pal it took 17 days.

So it seems an post aren't bothered delivering our mail. Then they have the cheek to up the cost of stamps for all their 'great' work.

Its a story for another thread but its the Govt/COMREGs fault that that price has risen (and its still not that high). We still have 5 day delivery of mail to EVERY house in the country. And Ireland being Ireland, nobody lives within earshot of another in the countryside making mail delivery stupidly labour intensive.

From Bargain Alerts Ali Thread:

I think its safe to say I know which method of shipping I am going to be using from here on in.

I repeated an order i placed but this time sent it to the UK (Addresspal) and i saved myself weeks...

1st order (via CP & AnPost)
    ORDER PLACED: 10/1/2017
    DATE SHIPPED: 12/1/2017 (+2 days)
    DATE LEFT CHINA: 22/1/2017 (+12 days)
    DATE DELIVERED: 21/2/2017 (+42 days)

total delivery time = 42 days

2nd order (via CP & Address pal)
    ORDER PLACED: 21/2/2017
    DATE SHIPPED: 24/2/2017 (+2 days)
    DATE LEFT CHINA: 03/3/2017 (+10 days)
    DATE DELIVERED: 08/3/2017 (+17 days)

total delivery time = 17 days

as you can see both orders have a similar time line up until they ship by air.
    The 1st order went awol with no tracking via An Post until it arrived at my door weeks later.
    The 2nd order was a dream as it had full tracking within a day when in landed in the UK via Royal mail tracking service.

so for the extra €3.50 Address pal fee I know which method of shipping I will be using from here on in.

(p.s) I know these type of posts annoy some, but I think its important to highlight such issues and potential resolutions for those that want bargains delivered within a reasonable time scale.

Now I know that what I'm posting here is not an bargain. But since it seems a lot of people are experiencing huge delays from orders from China, I'd though I'd post my 2cents.

Anything I ordered from China with free shipping since Mid November hasn't turned up. I'm waiting on 6 items at this stage. Haven't bothered ordering anything since mid Feb.

Here's me thoughts. An Post got a new CEO in October. He was interviewed on RTE Radio 1 this morning, explaining how the price of postage stamps have to increase in order for the company to survive. He mentioned that there'll be job losses more than likely. Also a significant number of Post Offices will close. A new way of doing business in An Post seems to be inevitable.
    Up until October, most anything I ordered from China took 3 weeks on average to arrive. I've never waited more than 5 weeks. I reckon the new CEO has made changes to the China free delivery mail in An Post. As mentioned in previous threads, it seems An Post get very little for delivering free shipping items to the end customer.

Maybe I'm just wearing a tin foil hat, but most certainly, something has changed.
    blade1 wrote: »
    I received another 2 sets of Bluedio te earphones today after ordering on the 25th of Jan.
    Also a torch that I ordered from Wish on the 29th of Nov. arrived. Over 3 months to arrive!!

I've queried the two outstanding orders with sellers on Ali. See what they say.

Order 3 Feb predicted Thu. 16 Feb. - Mon. 6 Mar. hasnt shown. Untracked. Will keep an eye on that.

Order from DX that had to go via PostNL(Batteries) arrived in about 3wks.

ZxnOcH5.png

I give up.

seeing things like this indicate to me that An Post is fooking around and basically deliberately delaying things. I haven't seen this happening with other European countries.
    how can they be held to account?
    instead of the addresspal option would registering post (which is paid for tracking with singed for) in most cases achieve the same thing at a lower cost. when something is signed for I tend to get it within a reasonable timeframe, I guess because An Post consider it worthy of actually delivering because they get more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

USO doesnt apply to it so as long as its not obvious to the UPU they'd know theyd get away with it.

Does the USO not apply to postal items up to to 2kg or is that only between EU member states? If not how is An Post being paid to deliver these items?
    glasso wrote: »
    seeing things like this indicate to me that An Post is fooking around and basically deliberately delaying things. I haven't seen this happening with other European countries.
    how can they be held to account?
    instead of the addresspal option would registering post (which is paid for tracking with singed for) in most cases achieve the same thing at a lower cost. when something is signed for I tend to get it within a reasonable timeframe, I guess because An Post consider it worthy of actually delivering because they get more money.

Most of the stuff i order from china is registered post. It makes little or no difference to timeframes.

Advertisement