Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-02-2020, 09:37   #391
suave.4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by iebamm2580 View Post
Yeah man looks like most of the grafts are growing or grown back but the hair is thin hair, its the next few months according to dr nel that i will see the major density change. A friend i hadn't seen in a while said i must have had a transplant but i just brushed it off told him i had new barber, none of my close friends have said anything as they see me every few days so wouldnt be a as noticeable. Im hoping/expecting big cosmetic change in next few months when the new hair caliber increases.
All the best
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2020, 18:51   #392
Hunchback

I wish I could get enough time off work to get this done
27-02-2020, 21:59   #393
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
You can get it done in 2 days and within about 10 days the scabs fall off.
28-02-2020, 11:43   #394
Rikand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
If work will let you wear a hat, then nobody will notice. Just keep wearing the hat for 2 months pre op and then you'll just be the guy who wears a hat
28-02-2020, 12:47   #395
Monokne

I think people can tell fairly easily when someone's had it done so I think just best get out front and acknowledge it. I've mine booked and the whole office knows. It's 2020, nothing to be embarrassed about.
Advertisement
28-02-2020, 12:50   #396
iebamm2580

All depends on the hair loss you have pre op whether or not somebody will be able to tell.
28-02-2020, 13:51   #397
Monokne

Really? I just think it would be adundantly clear either way.
28-02-2020, 14:01   #398
iebamm2580

Nope had it done 7 months ago and after 2 weeks nobody batted an eyelid when i met them. I had let my top hair grow prior to the op and and i always comb my hair forward so i was able to comb over the new hair line and temples. It only works if you have receding hairline pattern that you have been covering up anyway.
Thanks from:
28-02-2020, 23:15   #399
Rikand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokne View Post
I think people can tell fairly easily when someone's had it done so I think just best get out front and acknowledge it. I've mine booked and the whole office knows. It's 2020, nothing to be embarrassed about.
I told everyone too.

One of the lads gave me a brochure for a barbers in town the other day at break :: " you'll be needing this now that you've rejoined that club."

I guess the hair must be coming along pretty well lol
Advertisement
29-02-2020, 08:46   #400
iebamm2580

Im just pointing out you dont need to tell anybody you had it done if you have enough hair left on top, some guys dont want people knowing and thats their business.
(2) thanks from:
29-02-2020, 18:37   #401
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by iebamm2580 View Post
Im just pointing out you dont need to tell anybody you had it done if you have enough hair left on top, some guys dont want people knowing and thats their business.
I'm not suggesting you need to.

I do struggle to believe no-one would notice though, but I can imagine that if you kept it private people would be disinclined to bring it up so at least you don't have to discuss it which I suppose is the end goal so I can understand.
Thanks from:
29-02-2020, 18:42   #402
iebamm2580

Quote:

I do struggle to believe no-one would notice though, but I can imagine that if you kept it private people would be disinclined to bring it up so at least you don't have to discuss it which I suppose is the end goal so I can understand.
haha if my friends ever found out i would never hear the end of it, a few people have commented that my hair looks thicker and i have just said new gel and new barber, its not going to be blatantly obvious if you already combed your hair forward to cover your receding hairline.
(2) thanks from:
29-02-2020, 20:41   #403
Tommy Pickle

Quote:

Your new hair takes 10 months to fully grow back, it happens so gradually that no one would notice. Its not like you change overnight
(3) thanks from:
18-03-2020, 21:45   #404
Hunchback

Okay, this is going to sound crazy and narcissistic and micro, but,

My issue was that I couldn't get the time off work to have this done.

Was temporarily laid off on Monday.

Could last 6 months, I'm told (I work for a small business).

I have my fingers crossed now that after about 4 months it becomes apparent that the pandemic is subsiding and I can make the trip to Turkey before I have to go back to work. I am hoping that it becomes generally accepted that international travel is declared to be safe a month or two before I get called back to work (and also hoping that I have a career to go back to!).

Who knows, there may even be some special offers (although, I am not looking to scrimp and save on this decision, at all!).

In my list of potential silver linings, this is kinda very much up there
18-03-2020, 22:15   #405
Monokne

Fingers crossed for you hunchback. Sorry to hear you were laid off.

I've Istanbul booked for August. Hoping that will still be do-able.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion