Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

bromley52 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the PIN2 SIM code from gomo? I'm looking to set up fixed dial numbers and their customer service deny any knowledge of it.

The default PIN2 code is normally 6666 but I don't know if that applies to GoMo.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

stesaurus wrote: »
    Anyone else miss a lot of calls? Girlfriend and I both had the same issue, phone not ringing and people phoning just going straight to our voicemails. I've since switched and my problems have disappeared but she keeps missing calls as a result.
    Data seems fine and there's always a connection so it's not that.

Yeah, have the very same issue I also had with Lycamobile. I believe it is linked to specific areas known (to public and eir) to have poor network coverage. Anyway, it’s a deal breaker for me. No joy with GoMo support, so back to Vodafone I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

The default PIN2 code is normally 6666 but I don't know if that applies to GoMo.
    I tried it but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bromley52 wrote: »
    I tried it but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway.

Isn't it on your GOMO account page, or the original pack that the SIM came in?
    I could be thinking of something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

kippy wrote: »
    Isn't it on your GOMO account page, or the original pack that the SIM came in?
    I could be thinking of something else.

PIN and PUK are there (account page).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

I’m interested in switching to gomo for our home internet connection. We don’t have a tv so there’s no streaming required. We would only be using it for surfing the web. Can someone recommend a wireless router that would accept a SIM card and also allow a broadband connection if I was to switch down the line. It doesn’t need to have all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

t8010789 wrote: »
    I’m interested in switching to gomo for our home internet connection. We don’t have a tv so there’s no streaming required. We would only be using it for surfing the web. Can someone recommend a wireless router that would accept a SIM card and also allow a broadband connection if I was to switch down the line. It doesn’t need to have all the bells and whistles.
    I am using a TP Link AC750, it is 4G compatible, using GOMO sim and working perfectly, also has a connection for a VOIP phone and using Goldfish for calls. Gomo costing 9.99 per month and VOIP is about 3 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I picked up a Huawei B525 from Amazon during the BF sales. Moved from VM to GoMo for broadband & no problems to report. I don't stream either (apart from internet radio) so the 80Gb limit isn't an issue for me. After two months, the router has been covered by the price difference so all savings from here on.

See that they now say unlimited data on their webpage so I was wondering if the €12.99 price was different but their support team said no it was the same. Always wonder how "unlimited" = 80Gb limit :confused:
    All you need
    GoMo gives you all data, calls, texts and 10GB EU roaming.

It's still 80GB, it's a marketing ploy that many networks use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=61111X1383796&isjs=1&jv=13.26.4-stackpath&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D112027185%26utm_source%3Dnotification%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnotification%23post112027185&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2F33008995315.html%3Fspm%3Da2g0s.9042311.0.0.11344c4doBJHlI&xguid=&xs=1&xtz=0&xuuid=bbf1507357282ce6da11d601c1fa2c21&abp=1

I am using this one with GoMo. Works very well. I need to reboot it once a week but this can be set up to be done automatically. I use it indoors. No problems streaming/Netflix etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Kalyke wrote: »

I am thinking of putting this in an attic of a rural house to enable wifi. Assuming you got it from Aliexpress, did you have to pay anything for import or how did it come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I use HUAWEI B593s-22 4G LTE Router . Usually you can pick up a second hand one on ebay for circa €50. Not compatible with fixed line broadband but you could always just sell it on. I have used this with all networks and currently it is humming along on gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

the 10gb data allowance for roaming, I presume that's per month yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

podge018 wrote: »
    the 10gb data allowance for roaming, I presume that's per month yeah?

Yes

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I am thinking of putting this in an attic of a rural house to enable wifi. Assuming you got it from Aliexpress, did you have to pay anything for import or how did it come in?
    It came from Aliexpress but no charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You may be waiting a while now for anything ordered from China with the Corona virus.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cheapest option is a old phone setup as a WiFi hotspot.

Spend €2 to get a long USB charging cable from a poundshop.

Broadband providers will give you a modem with WiFi so don't worry about that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

a clanger wrote: »
    I use HUAWEI B593s-22 4G LTE Router . Usually you can pick up a second hand one on ebay for circa €50. Not compatible with fixed line broadband but you could always just sell it on. I have used this with all networks and currently it is humming along on gomo
    is it possible to plug home phone into router and use gomo credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

stanley1 wrote: »

Great question, I'd also love to know the answer to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

stanley1 wrote: »

Yes, that works but keep in mind 80GB limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Just received 5 texts from 57721 saying that i subscribed in a premium service with cost 6euros a week.

Obviously i never did something like this.

Tried to bar the premium sms from my account on gomo page and they are greyed out

What can i do?

How can they subscribe me to premium crap without my consent or at least confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If you have switched to GoMo and ported your number from another provider, do you have to cancel your previous service or does it happen automatically when you port number? Previous provider was 30 day rolling contract with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

in2dark wrote: »
    Just received 5 texts from 57721 saying that i subscribed in a premium service with cost 6euros a week.

Tried to bar the premium sms from my account on gomo page and they are greyed out

What can i do?

How can they subscribe me to premium crap without my consent or at least confirmation?

Best thing is get onto chat. I emailed them requesting premium sms, premium calls and international calls to be barred from account as was greyed out in mine. Got email confirming it was done about 12 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What can i do?

Get the premium bar applied to the account via chat.

Then contact the sender and insist on a refund.

Long story short is that they need to prove that they have an AGREE SMS from your number...they won't have it so that's the basis for a full refund. They'll attempt to deflect by blathering on about IP addresses but that's irrelevant because it's not part of the code of practice governing the licence from Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

opus wrote: »
    Always wonder how "unlimited" = 80Gb limit :confused:

I hit the 80GB when I was trailling GOMO before I ported my number. After 80GB they throttle your speed drastically, but it's still unlimited data. I was still able to email, whatsapp etc. but forget about videos or anything. Speeds of around 0.2Mbps or less IIRC.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Buffman wrote: »
    I hit the 80GB when I was trailling GOMO before I ported my number. After 80GB they throttle your speed drastically, but it's still unlimited data. I was still able to email, whatsapp etc. but forget about videos or anything. Speeds of around 0.2Mbps or less IIRC.

.2meg is still 200k. Indeed it is not broadband, but still ok for most mundane tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

.2meg is still 200k. Indeed it is not broadband, but still ok for most mundane tasks.

Indeed. You can browse touch.boards.ie and not notice any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Tusky wrote: »
    If you have switched to GoMo and ported your number from another provider, do you have to cancel your previous service or does it happen automatically when you port number? Previous provider was 30 day rolling contract with Eir.

You don't have to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

in2dark wrote: »

What can i do?

The same thing happened me last week, from DomiCoins. Did not subscribe to anything. Sent STOP to 57721 to cancel my 'subscription'. Also got GoMO to stop all premium services on my account which they did pretty quickly. Then contacted the service provider and said I hadn't subscribed and wanted a refund. Raised a DSAR request under GDPR. Refunded the 6 euro today, will still look for the DSAR. This is an absolute scam, ComReg should be more proactive in closing these cowboys down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    The same thing happened me last week, from DomiCoins. Did not subscribe to anything. Sent STOP to 57721 to cancel my 'subscription'. Also got GoMO to stop all premium services on my account which they did pretty quickly. Then contacted the service provider and said I hadn't subscribed and wanted a refund. Raised a DSAR request under GDPR. Refunded the 6 euro today, will still look for the DSAR. This is an absolute scam, ComReg should be more proactive in closing these cowboys down.
    Have Gomo any intention of giving us access to blocking these calls through our account. Did you contact them through the chat service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement