Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dundrum Gift Card Shops?

Options
  • 30-12-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here. Does anyone know if there's a listing online of the shops that accept the Gift Card in Dundrum? There's nothing on the Website, only that it 'is redeemable at over 148 outlets.'

Can it be used in the various restaurants etc? Cinema? Tesco, even? I'm up to my neck in clothes and other goods, so I'd rather get this kind of use from it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

You can redeem it in any shop in the centre or in the town centre area

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Am i wing in thinking that, because Dundrum use prepaid MasterCard that toy can, technically, use the card anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

You can redeem it in any shop in the centre or in the town centre area

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify when you say any shop, that includes all the food outlets etc?

MrStuffins, I'm not sure if you're wing (!), but I know that the Perfect Card can be used anywhere - not the Dundrum card. They've changed it so that it's only redeemable in the centre. It used to be the case, and very handy for Ryanair purchases, but they caught on pretty quick.

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify when you say any shop, that includes all the food outlets etc?

MrStuffins, I'm not sure if you're wing (!), but I know that the Perfect Card can be used anywhere - not the Dundrum card. They've changed it so that it's only redeemable in the centre. It used to be the case, and very handy for Ryanair purchases, but they caught on pretty quick.
    Yeah I think it includes all the food outlets. I think it's in their lease terms and conditions.

You can use it in Tesco too to do a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They work as a credit card, therefore any food outlet that says cash only won't be able to take them. I would be 95% certain of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here. Does anyone know if there's a listing online of the shops that accept the Gift Card in Dundrum? There's nothing on the Website, only that it 'is redeemable at over 148 outlets.'

Can it be used in the various restaurants etc? Cinema? Tesco, even? I'm up to my neck in clothes and other goods, so I'd rather get this kind of use from it. Thanks.

Any store except the Three Store, Calendar Club and Bagel factory. All the restuarants, cinema, ice skating etc take it. The stores down by Hamleys and up by Hughes & Hughes take it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

. I think it's in their lease terms and conditions.

Please don't post comments like that which are simply not true in any way. If such an arduous condition was put in a lease, any solicitor worth his salt would have it removed.

sandin wrote: »

Please don't post comments like that which are simply not true in any way. If such an arduous condition was put in a lease, any solicitor worth his salt would have it removed.
    I wouldn't think so and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the conditions.

The company I work for puts similar stipulations on their retail premises

You can use your dundrum gift card anywhere that takes mastercard. Techinally you could use them in Arnotts if they'll get past the branding. You can use them online just like you would any other credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Scrumptious

You can use your dundrum gift card anywhere that takes mastercard. Techinally you could use them in Arnotts if they'll get past the branding. You can use them online just like you would any other credit card.

I tried to use my gift card for Dundrum on the M&S site today and it failed due to the card details supplied so obviously not possible to use on all online outlets - shame a I hate Dundrum Town Centre and had hoped to use my card online rather than head to the centre.

Does anyone know what sites they are accepted on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I tried to use my gift card for Dundrum on the M&S site today and it failed due to the card details supplied so obviously not possible to use on all online outlets - shame a I hate Dundrum Town Centre and had hoped to use my card online rather than head to the centre.

Does anyone know what sites they are accepted on?

The Dundrum gift cards used to work anywhere mastercard is accepted but they are clamping down on it now to make it only available to spend in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

I've used one in the meteor store on grafton street and heard you can use them for online purchases but what billing details do you put in? Name etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Apologies to resurrect an old thread.....

I was just wondering if anyone knows can Dundrum gift cards still be used anywhere that takes Mastercard? I remember using them before in my local hairdressers etc.
    I have a 50 quid now to spend, but looking at the giftcard, it doesn't have the Mastercard symbol on it, which I think it used to display.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

seems they have changed from Perfect Card to a new issuer Clever Card but its still on the mastercard platform.

If you know a retailer, maybe ask them if they can try it and see if it works.

silver2020 wrote: »
    seems they have changed from Perfect Card to a new issuer Clever Card but its still on the mastercard platform.

If you know a retailer, maybe ask them if they can try it and see if it works.

Thanks, I might try it today in Smyths. It's my kids gift card, they want lego. Art&Hobby shop in Dundrum is much more expensive, I could get them the same sets for 30 quid less in Smyths.

Tried it Smyths; it didn't work.
    I guess they only work in Dundrum town centre now.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If stuck for anything else to spend it on, you could buy a One4All card in Tesco Dundrum and pay using the Dundrum card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Quackster wrote: »
    If stuck for anything else to spend it on, you could buy a One4All card in Tesco Dundrum and pay using the Dundrum card.

Smyths don't take One4All vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Smyths don't take One4All vouchers

Technically you could then get a refund from one4all or "cash in" the balance, but they'll charge an €8 redemption fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

All these shopping centre cards are "money cards" like visa or mastercard but they are "whitelisted" to only work with certain shops. The merchant id of each of the shops in the centre is added to the whitelist and therefore only those shops can process it.

One thing of note for money cards is that since Jan 10th AML5 (anti money laundering directive) has come into play and from now on card not present (online) can only utilise 50euro at a go and card present (shop) 150euro at a go. This is due to the fact the card is held by an unknown anonymous person and therefore falls fault of anti money laundering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement