Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Campervans

Options
  • 14-02-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

It's government policy to stop the sale of petrol and diesel cars in 2030 and to stop issuing NCT certs for them in 2045.

Does this also apply to campervans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think of all the things that were supposed to happen in the last 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Probably will be ok, classic cars commercial van and trucks will still need some kind of fuel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Think of all the things that were supposed to happen in the last 25 years.

Irreversible climate change? :confused:

And the Irish bolt the stable a decade after failing to meet emission reduction targets...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Probably will be ok, classic cars commercial van and trucks will still need some kind of fuel

Commercial vans and trucks are already being penalised with their operators being forced into "upgrading" to Euro5 and Euro6 engines. The concept of a campervan will undoubtedly continue, but I'm not sure about the individual vehicles (and all the character they embody) - already the number of places I can take mine has dropped significantly in the last 10 years (due to low-emissions zone restrictions) with no benefit to the world's atmosphere.

Advertisement