Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2020, 22:45   #16
Gael23

I have a medical condition that rules me out of a lot of the wet &wiod activities but I’m going to try and make it to some of the bowling nights and stuff they do.

As I said already, if you take part in one thing make it the PDC. At first you think it’s all up in the sky but it’s absolutely not
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 22:54   #17
Sleeper12

Straight Dublin guy here but always interested in how the other half live. Reading the OP it jumps out at me the difference between Dublin and the more rural parts of ireland. Not suggesting that there aren't lonely gay people in Dublin but if you want gay friends you don't have to go far to find them in Dublin.
17-02-2020, 23:42   #18
Irishsteven91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Straight Dublin guy here but always interested in how the other half live. Reading the OP it jumps out at me the difference between Dublin and the more rural parts of ireland. Not suggesting that there aren't lonely gay people in Dublin but if you want gay friends you don't have to go far to find them in Dublin.

Yeah down here its alot different lol
Thanks from:
23-02-2020, 21:22   #19
Irishsteven91

Gay mates

I am a gay guy and I've been out a few years now. Lately I've been trying to embrace being gay a bit more as I feel I'm a bit isolated and recently lost over 15 stone so feel more confident. You see I don't have many, gay friends only one but moved away

Literally all my friends are male and straight, which is fine, but I think having a few gay friends would be good for me.

I'm not keen on joining any of the social groups because live in the country and not many groups near me and also wouldn't feel comfortable going to one when unless I had some one to come with me the first few times

My attempts at making gay friends have really only been online groups . What I find though is that guys generally don't want to chat if they don't find you attractive! That doesn't mean I'm unattractive, but even if they say they're looking for friends on their profile, if you're not their type, I find they don't even reply! This makes it pretty difficult to make friends.

Any ony else have this ?
24-02-2020, 15:58   #20
PFMC84

Didn't you post about this a few weeks ago? The original thread is only a few ones below this. Why the need to post a new thread? There aren't going to be different answers for you this time. New friends aren't going to just fall into your lap, you have to go out and find them. There is no easy or simple answer to this I'm afraid, though congratulations on the weight loss.
Advertisement
24-02-2020, 21:11   #21
Ten of Swords

15 stone? That's remarkable, fair play.

What area of the country are you from? Not the town, just north, south, east or west? In your last thread you kept saying there was nothing near you but you're not going to get proper advice unless you narrow it down a bit.
Thanks from:
25-02-2020, 06:34   #22
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsteven91 View Post
There is none of them near me that's the issue
Roughly where are you?
25-02-2020, 06:36   #23
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsteven91 View Post
Yeah down here its alot different lol
Down where?
25-02-2020, 22:18   #24
Xertz

Seems it’s more urban vs rural than “Dublin vs Down the Country”.

I find a lot of Irish people, both from Dublin and from many rural areas, seem to forget we have more than one city.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-02-2020, 06:43   #25
Joeytheparrot

Steven I would like to try and help

I have provided info for Dublin and Cork in this thread.

But "None of them near me" and "Down here" is vague and doesnt help me to help you

I cant really help if I get vague information. You need to actually tell us at least a County

Last edited by Joeytheparrot; 26-02-2020 at 06:50.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet