Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Hi, I have exact same bundle as you, 122.00 per month. A few days ago, I got it reduced to 84.00 for 9 months then 102 for 3 months. Forgot contract was out 3 months so paid 122 for last 3!😞😦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Hi, I have exact same bundle as you, 122.00 per month. A few days ago, I got it reduced to 84.00 for 9 months then 102 for 3 months. Forgot contract was out 3 months so paid 122 for last 3!����

Thanks for the reply, at least now i can try and haggle a bit based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Please don't tell me if you get better reduction!! LOL.

Please don't tell me if you get better reduction!! LOL.

Ok, so i just got off the phone with them and i got a different person this time.

I mentioned about my previous offer which would be on the screen anyway and i mentioned your offer.

After a few mins on hold she comes back saying she couldn't find anything that reflected your offer and so i was offered 6 months @ €72 and 6 months @ €119 which is €1146 for the year.

Full price was €1456 a year, first offer was €1317 and now at €1146.

So it's just about €70 more than you but i didn't want the hassle and wanted it sorted today. It's not a level playing field when it comes to this carry on every year and they need to come up with a better system when renewing.

tldr: No, i didn't get a better offer than you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Torture every year with this haggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It's bloody painful, I'm out of contract but ftth will be launching here very soon so I think I'll just see what's on offer with those provides.

I just checked my email there now for confirmation on what i got earlier.

So i was at €122 a month for everything i have after last years offer expired, got the offer today for 6 months €72 and then 6 months on €119.

In the email it says:

Promotional Monthly Charge €72.00
    Price After Offers/Add-Ons €145.00

I would of thought that after 6 months i be paying €119? I definitely asked that but it doesn't seem to be the case in the email.

Unless i missing something, doesn't seem right,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's one of the reasons I hate haggling with them and chaning pricing. Their billing is so often all over the place. They don't do a refund easily either, just credit to your account. Which means your bill is messed up for ages.

Be easier if they had a flat fee loyalty discount if you ask for it. But no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

beauf wrote: »
    It's one of the reasons I hate haggling with them and chaning pricing. Their billing is so often all over the place. They don't do a refund easily either, just credit to your account. Which means your bill is messed up for ages.

Be easier if they had a flat fee loyalty discount if you ask for it. But no.

The haggling is what makes it fun. Now if only I had access to a good competitor offer it would be even more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Virgin Media has been cut off and got Vodafone installed yesterday, so far so good. Both TV and Broadband seem a lot faster with Vodafone than Virgin Media.

Just in relation to sending back the equipment to Virgin Media, I asked on chat what they needed me to send and apparently it's only Horizion box they need returned (not even the remote or power supply) and they told me to just bring the Hub3 modem to my local recycling centre.

Problem is it's more hassle for me to bring it to my recycling centre than to just bundle it up and send it back with the horizon box. I presume given the equipment came from them in the first place, that if I send the modem and horizon remote etc... back they'll have to accept it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Virgin Media has been cut off and got Vodafone installed yesterday, so far so good. Both TV and Broadband seem a lot faster with Vodafone than Virgin Media.

Just in relation to sending back the equipment to Virgin Media, I asked on chat what they needed me to send and apparently it's only Horizion box they need returned (not even the remote or power supply) and they told me to just bring the Hub3 modem to my local recycling centre.

Problem is it's more hassle for me to bring it to my recycling centre than to just bundle it up and send it back with the horizon box. I presume given the equipment came from them in the first place, that if I send the modem and horizon remote etc... back they'll have to accept it?

To send my stuff back to them I used the parcel motel option. I sent everything back. Horizon box, modem, remotes, power supplies and even the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

johnnykilo wrote: »

I think I sent everything back last year, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone have a contact number for VM customer service/Billing? I would like to haggle with them but all I can do is message their WhatsApp person who will not budge on the post 12 month contact price. "The price you see on the website is only for new customers". Am I right in saying after the first year you cannot reduce what you are paying?

Sorry for the questions, I'm confused here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

hoganj wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Does anyone have a contact number for VM customer service/Billing? I would like to haggle with them but all I can do is message their WhatsApp person who will not budge on the post 12 month contact price. "The price you see on the website is only for new customers". Am I right in saying after the first year you cannot reduce what you are paying?

Sorry for the questions, I'm confused here.

If you dial 1908, you can get through to them there. They wont do any haggling on their whatsapp, you will certainly get some offer from them. Usually they seem to be offering around 15 off for 6/9 months. Depends on what package you have with them really

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Darby_321 wrote: »
    If you dial 1908, you can get through to them there. They wont do any haggling on their whatsapp, you will certainly get some offer from them. Usually they seem to be offering around 15 off for 6/9 months. Depends on what package you have with them really

Thanks a mill Darby, I'll give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Rang to cancel as my bill had almost doubled after my first year with them. Got them down close enough to the new sign up over. The price worked out over the next 12 months is not much of an increase. So stayed with them. No other option in my estate for a full package. So happy enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

im with virgin price is gone way up so time to leave
    anyway the options sky Vodafone etc do you need a landline for them as I have no land line and if yes how do you get a landline put in

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi, I signed up to Vodafone a couple of months ago , I had a phone line already from VM but I didn’t bother getting it with Vodafone, you do have the option to get it if you want but you don’t need it , I’m happy enough with the service, the internet is not as fast as VM but it’s grand , I was sick to death of VM price increases

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi, I signed up to Vodafone a couple of months ago , I had a phone line already from VM but I didn’t bother getting it with Vodafone, you do have the option to get it if you want but you don’t need it , I’m happy enough with the service, the internet is not as fast as VM but it’s grand , I was sick to death of VM price increases

the fibre phone line that virgin put in would that do for sky

mean gene wrote: »
    the fibre phone line that virgin put in would that do for sky

No, the VM system is only available to VM engineers.

• Advertisement

I'm leaving them as soon as siro goes live. I'm signed up to digiweb which will start as soon as it's available.

so if you want to move to sky from virgin without a landline currently available sky will install one for a fee ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

mean gene wrote: »
    so if you want to move to sky from virgin without a landline currently available sky will install one for a fee ??

Does that entail drilling holes, etc.?

One thing about Virgin was the ease of the set up - plug in and go!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 the1eyedsnake

I'm thinking of signing up as a new customer the prices have gone up and up on my better halfs account.

we have tv and broadband and i want to switch to just broadband new customer deals to save the money.
    my question is did ye have to go without internet for a while whilst switching accounts? as in having to send back the router and tv box?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm thinking of signing up as a new customer the prices have gone up and up on my better halfs account.

we have tv and broadband and i want to switch to just broadband new customer deals to save the money.
    my question is did ye have to go without internet for a while whilst switching accounts? as in having to send back the router and tv box?

No, I did this recently and we actually had two boxes active at the same time for about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 the1eyedsnake

DubDJ wrote: »
    No, I did this recently and we actually had two boxes active at the same time for about a week.

So would it be better for me to sign up first before cancelling her account?

So would it be better for me to sign up first before cancelling her account?

Not really, you'd have to give 30 days notice to cancel anyway. Then, just order under a new name before the remaining days are up. I ordered about 10 days before (It was close to Christmas) but it still arrived in around 3 days, so had around a week overlap of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I just did the same, signed up max 2 days before our original was due to expire and we had no break in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

off topic anyone seem to have issues with their online accounts with VM ? trying to make payment gives me error, seems entire account is haywire :confused:

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    off topic anyone seem to have issues with their online accounts with VM ? trying to make payment gives me error, seems entire account is haywire :confused:

They’ve recently updated their My Account section of the website. It seems a little broken at the moment though. Some sections such as usage and billing weren’t working for me either.

Advertisement