Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BimbyThermomix - refund not received issue

• 24-02-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Hi, All

I wonder if you could advise on how to deal with this situation.

In November we purchased Thermomix TM6, a wonderful kitchen gadget myself and my other half adore using ever since. Bought it via direct sales rep - all done and dusted in no time. Perfect transaction, no issues.

We wanted to add another cooking can and a few small bits so I searched online and found bimbythermomix.com.
    Selected what we wanted and wanted to pay online but the page did not allow us. So I rang their number and paid over the phone. Got an invoice on my Gmail as they had some issue sending me mail on my personal mail. That was on 23.12.2019.
    On 30.12.2019 I got an email saying that due to some issues with fraudulent payments our order has been canceled and a refund will be issued shortly.
    For the last 2 months I have been trying to get this sorted.
    The customer service is terrible - it takes days to comeback to you, would not pick the phone up at all, their web-chat is hit and miss and although they keep saying everything on their side is OK they would not provide proof that the refund was done on such and such day so my bank can trace it.... my bank has confirmed for definite that no refund has been issued and can prove it should the other side requires it.
    On top of that I have given them my card details twice so far and after the second time there was a fraudulent payment made abroad with my card. I only coped it by chance and reported it to the bank. Card and payment have been cancelled since and have now received a new card...

Who can I sit down and talk to so I can get this sorted. It is not even about the money any more - it's just painful to be fooled around in these days and age (although it is my responsibility not to let it happen)

Advertisement