Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Overcharging Me

• 31-05-2019 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, not sure if I'm posting on the right thread but An Post have started to piss me off

A particular post office me £6.20 for a 500g large letter and the same for a another one which should of been under 250g. I always make sure I pack my items carefully and to the specifics. The lady also claimed items under 250g go for £2.50 and 500g for £6.20.

I also go to another post office and this never happens. Dunno how this is allowed and the post ladies at the first place have the audacity to justify overcharging me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Following this as my local post office charges me 2.90 for a small plastic envelope with very little depth and under 100g (going to the UK), as it happened was in another post office not that far down the road and she charged me 1.70 (was just last week). When I said is that all she said well its very light and thin
    So they are charging you for a packet, same as me, when it should really be classed as a letter

Will from now on be just buying the stamps and posting in the post box

Postal rates per An Post site as it's a minefield finding it
    https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Standard-Post#standard-postal-rates

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dublad2k15 wrote: »
    . I always make sure I pack my items carefully and to the specifics.
    what do they say when you tell them this?

I would just buy the stamps and stamp it myself and stick it in a postbox.

This is more suited to consumer issues

Advertisement