Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

23-01-2020, 20:14   #106
Fol20

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post
If that's the case you could ask, in my opinion. He should be able to get a better one.
I actually thought the opposite. He is 30pc below market rate. Similar to the debates with reit vs private ll. what do you value more. Cheaper rent or better services?
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 20:25   #107
saabsaab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fol20 View Post
I actually thought the opposite. He is 30pc below market rate. Similar to the debates with reit vs private ll. what do you value more. Cheaper rent or better services?

I was using 600 v 700 which is roughly 85% of market rate? Plus the LL seems happy with them. Anyway it's up to the OP and they wanted advice.
Thanks from:
23-01-2020, 20:31   #108
jacdaniel2014

Haven’t read the whole thread but you went half with him to paint HIS property...
23-01-2020, 20:36   #109
amadangomor

The fact that the landlord has a good tenant and doesn't live nearby is probably why he is happy with below the market rate. He could be getting another 100 a month but be up and down the road a couple of times a month sorting out stuff for a demanding tenant. I reckon go for it OP.

Here's one for 429 euro. https://www.dfs.ie/zeta/zet13hrvv?or...l_Fabric_Sofas
23-01-2020, 20:47   #110
saabsaab

https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_co...rtby_price-asc

Above nice ones nearby, sellers might deliver and LL take from rent?
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 20:50   #111
saabsaab

More here;

https://www.donedeal.ie/livingroom?w...area=Waterford

Some sellers will deliver too
24-01-2020, 00:33   #112
dennyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Imagine you rented a car for a month but it was defective and couldn't get above 20km/h, and you brought it into them and they said "your complaint is subjective and we refute it, the car still technically drives, we're not doing anything about it cause we're investing in this other thing instead."

You'd laugh in their face and demand your money back.
Yes, but the risk you'd take is that they'll laugh in your face and take the car back from you because their relative needs to drive it and then turn around and rent it to one of the thousands of desperate carless people lined up behind you for twice the price you were paying, and you'll be walking everywhere for the next six months or carpooling with half a dozen random strangers in a Micra because there are no cars to be had anywhere in town (or at least none you can afford).
(2) thanks from:
24-01-2020, 07:07   #113
pwurple

Enough with the unnecessary analogies. This isn’t a complex topic that nobody understands, it’s fairly basic.

OP, this is part of being an adult. Ignore the children cowering afraid to open their mouths. If that is genuine wear and tear (not pet damage over 2 years) simply ask the landlord to replace. Worst case scenario she says no. Now is a good time, January sales are still on. Get on with it.

For those expecting lower rent for unfurnished, it is a different offering for a different part of the market. Unfurnished is generally the same, or more expensive, not cheaper. The tenants are older, with families, don’t settle for student-style lets. Fixtures and fittings are better quality. Windows, heating, kitchen etc are higher end. The type of house you don’t know is rented basically. They don’t want to have the cost of storing their stuff.

Op, one more time. Do it today.

Last edited by pwurple; 24-01-2020 at 07:11.
(2) thanks from:
24-01-2020, 13:23   #114
CosmicFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwurple View Post
Enough with the unnecessary analogies. This isn’t a complex topic that nobody understands, it’s fairly basic.

OP, this is part of being an adult. Ignore the children cowering afraid to open their mouths. If that is genuine wear and tear (not pet damage over 2 years) simply ask the landlord to replace. Worst case scenario she says no. Now is a good time, January sales are still on. Get on with it.

For those expecting lower rent for unfurnished, it is a different offering for a different part of the market. Unfurnished is generally the same, or more expensive, not cheaper. The tenants are older, with families, don’t settle for student-style lets. Fixtures and fittings are better quality. Windows, heating, kitchen etc are higher end. The type of house you don’t know is rented basically. They don’t want to have the cost of storing their stuff.

Op, one more time. Do it today.
What are you on about. Absolute nonsense. I've seen unfurnished houses for rent that are ****e.
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 20:48   #115
TSQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minime2.5 View Post
Ive been renting in my current apartment for 5 years. Its a bog standard 1 bed. I have been thinking of moving out because I feel the place is a bit drab. The Blinds are well worn and the couch is hideous. Am I entitled to ask the landlord replace these things. Ive been a very good tenant. Always paid rent on time and any odd job that needed to be done I paid it myself and took it out of the rent . The walls were badly in need of a painting before I moved in and I agreed to go halves with him. Attached is the blind in my room and the couch
A cheap item like the blinds, just get something you yourself like from Ikea or Dunnes, same with shower curtain, iron, anything you have been using for a long time and costs under €30 or €40. Expensive item like sofa the landlord should replace. This is how it is done in Spain, small items or minor repairs are the responsibility of the tenant, big items that of the landlord.
24-01-2020, 20:51   #116
punisher5112

How has this gone 10 pages...
24-01-2020, 21:00   #117
Foweva Awone

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
How has this gone 10 pages...
Only if you're doing it wrong. 3 pages for me.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 22:20   #118
Gumbo

Ok I think this thread has ran its course.
So before it descends I to caps

OP, it’s a reasonable request. Talk to the landlord.

Thank you.
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed