Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Estate Agent requesting a photo of me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

Just an update here from the OP. I did clarify with the EA and gave the EA a copy of my photo ID through whatsapp. As I said my father said the EA wanted a photo which was not the case which has been clarified and resolved.

Yes they did a review of a customer files before an upcoming audit and realised that some records were incomplete. I never dealt with them directly as they were going through my father. Some things can slip though the net. The EA knows my father so I can see how it was overlooked during the 'onboarding' process. My father was working on my behalf. Maybe they had his id on file and not the legal owner.

I'm sure as a result of audits they will increase compliance and this will not be a big deal in future.

I had also have my bank contacting me last me for photo id after they reviewing their records even though I've had a bank account with them since school days in the 90s when opening a bank account was as simple matter, awh sure we know your father, no id or proof of address required then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Just an update here from the OP. I did clarify with the EA and gave the EA a copy of my photo ID through whatsapp. As I said my father said the EA wanted a photo which was not the case which has been clarified and resolved.

Yes they did a review of a customer files before an upcoming audit and realised that some records were incomplete. I never dealt with them directly as they were going through my father. Some things can slip though the net. The EA knows my father so I can see how it was overlooked during the 'onboarding' process. My father was working on my behalf. Maybe they had his id on file and not the legal owner.

I'm sure as a result of audits they will increase compliance and this will not be a big deal in future.

I had also have my bank contacting me last me for photo id after they reviewing their records even though I've had a bank account with them since school days in the 90s when opening a bank account was as simple matter, awh sure we know your father, no id or proof of address required then.

If the EA was a friend of you fathers why ask about giving him ID here in the first place, did you not trust him?

Personally I don't like the nanny surveillance state where it starts to creep, like the Public services card role over reaching it's scope, what becomes normal today get pushed further and further next thing it's a CCTV camera with facial recognition and you can't say boo, see china and social credit system.

I had AIB writing to me looking for photo ID, if I didn't send it xyx was going to happen.

Turned out they have been audited and had no photos on a central file but they were often in the branches, it was easier for them to tell a white lie to the customers and make them jump through hoops to send in bills and copies of id than to sort out their own house.

I ignored it and nothing happens to me.

It's your ID it's up to you how it's used and if it's copied. I'm always happy to show it but I don't allow it to be copped unless I know the person or company very well.

AIB have very bad IT practices, for example I had to complain to their Data protection department to get unsubscribed from their marketing emails despite doing it may self 3 times and calling them as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

AIB are terrible. the online system makes you take cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

If the EA was a friend of you fathers why ask about giving him ID here in the first place, did you not trust him?

This is Ireland. He knows him probably by way he went to school with his second cousin or some other loose connection. Not that they are drinking buddies or business partners.

I only wanted some context from other people about photo requests from EA.

And just because my father trusts/knows him doesn't mean I should not have been vigilant hence my question here.

The topic of proof of identity and nanny state is a whole other discussion.

Advertisement