Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-01-2020, 00:02   #391
dublinman1990

I'm watching the snooker for several hours now from the BBC at the moment. It's still not finished yet.

The LLS lineup was very poor from looking at who was available tonight. It was the main reason why I gave it a miss after all.
Advertisement
18-01-2020, 00:06   #392
Nicbuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieluvsye View Post
What are you doing here
What are you Ace Ventura Pet Detective ��
18-01-2020, 00:08   #393
Stevieluvsye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicbuc View Post
What are you Ace Ventura Pet Detective ��
Muppet. Go to bed. I’ll be up shortly lolssss
18-01-2020, 00:24   #394
fritzelly

Cannot believe I totally forgot about TLLS tonight - I'm devastated
18-01-2020, 01:26   #395
FixdePitchmark

The French dude did not help at all,

But their combined characteristics are people that make them , people who should never be on TV.
Advertisement
18-01-2020, 08:13   #396
Azatadine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine359 View Post
I thought so too, the flight attendant talked about giving the child a slap on the back to dislodge the pringle, then the mam came on and right at the end seemed to contradict the story by saying that she gave the child the Heimlich manoeuvre before the flight attendant came on the scene. Awkward indeed.
I know who I believe! You could see the flight attendants face drop when the mother came out with it. She was shocked.
18-01-2020, 19:46   #397
Welsh Megaman

In defence of Paul and John, they weren’t looking for a long-term drummer at the time Pete joined.

They had already been booked to go to Hamburg, but had no drummer. They just happened to know that Pete had a drumkit because they were playing in his mother’s club.

It was less ‘who we can really gel with’, more ‘he’s got drums, he’s in’.

Paul and Yoko’s lawyers told me to say that.
(2) thanks from:
18-01-2020, 20:08   #398
Skid X

Lots of Petey stuff on the Youtube,

he did an advert for Carlsberg which aired during the first run of the Beatles Anthology series

Howard Stern interviews Paul here, he says Pete called in sick one night and Ringo filled in for him and was great

A lesson for us all there, next time you are the drummer in The Beatles - don't call in sick or Ringo will get your job and you will end up on the Late Late Show 48 years later talking to Tubs
19-01-2020, 00:20   #399
goose2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Megaman View Post
In defence of Paul and John, they weren’t looking for a long-term drummer at the time Pete joined.

They had already been booked to go to Hamburg, but had no drummer. They just happened to know that Pete had a drumkit because they were playing in his mother’s club.

It was less ‘who we can really gel with’, more ‘he’s got drums, he’s in’.

Paul and Yoko’s lawyers told me to say that.
but george was also recruited in a pretty casual way. None of the beatles was especially talented as instrumentalists anyway. Apparently John was jealous of Pete's good looks, which is why he got fired
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-01-2020, 22:22   #400
Welsh Megaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose2005 View Post
but george was also recruited in a pretty casual way. None of the beatles was especially talented as instrumentalists anyway. Apparently John was jealous of Pete's good looks, which is why he got fired

At least George had a few years to get to know John and Paul on both a personal and professional level.

The three needed a drummer with just a week to go before Hamburg, Pete was playing in The Blackjacks in The Casbah at the time. Knowing The Blackjacks were about to split, the Fab Three seized their chance and grabbed Pete.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion