Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trustworthy

• 06-12-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Thinking of ordering something from “ probikekit” and just wondering has anyone any experience with them good / bad. Thanks

Comments

• ciaeim wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering something from “ probikekit” and just wondering has anyone any experience with them good / bad. Thanks

No direct experience but they are part of the hut group of sites from what I can see. I have ordered in the past from thehut.com for non cycling items and was happy with what I got and their delivery. Haven't had recent experience though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ordered wheels/clothes/parts of them and all good

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

ciaeim wrote: »

Have ordered from them before. No major issues. I remember one item took a week or 2 longer than expected to be delivered but was kept up to date throughout that time.

AFAIK they do not have free returns from Ireland so you would have to cover that yourself if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ciaeim wrote: »

Ordered from them a couple of times, they are grand. Not a bother.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They're grand. Their prices fluctuate a lot though, though generally between one or 2 fixed points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

have used them for years, never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Bought a Scicon bike box from them a couple of months back - no issues and significantly cheaper than ordering direct from Scicon or other retailers. As Weepsie said, their prices can fluctuate a bit, but they're generally pretty competitive. Never had to return anything so can't comment on what their support/returns process is like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Used them a lot over the years. Deliver not the quickest (usually 3-4 days) but reliable and prices usually very good if you keep an eye on what you want.
    Over all very positive experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Thanks for feedback guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Bought bike box from them recently cheapest by a country mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

benneca1 wrote: »
    Bought bike box from them recently cheapest by a country mile

Yea looking at Scicon 2.0 bike bag as it suitable for ISP lot cheaper than any where else I’ve seen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Never had a problem with them. They tend to have pretty good deals on specific items. I know I've managed to get some FFWD wheels from them a while ago that were cheaper than anywhere else I looked

The exchange rate is decent enough at present but it is worth checking against some of the big German online retailers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Used them a few times, and MyProtein lots of times, with no issues. They use Fastway, which is about the only downside with them - the website is reliable, DPD less so in my experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Used them a few times, and MyProtein lots of times, with no issues. They use DPD, which is about the only downside with them - the website is reliable, DPD less so in my experience...

I got Fastway with My Protein. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

ED E wrote: »
    I got Fastway with My Protein. Disaster.
    Correction, it is Fastway that Hut use. I've never had deliveries go missing, but the only one I've ever signed for was when I challenged a randomer going around the back of the house!

Advertisement