Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the better the news, the more he pays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the news is a few days old, but i only heard about this last night:

Decathlon launches new high-end bike brand, Van Rysel
    https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/5924/decathlon-launches-new-high-end-bike-brand-van-rysel

One the colour schemes belongs in the images of ugly thread, the blue/black and black/white schemes are lovely though.

Was eyeing up one of the new lower end models a few weeks ago Triban RC520 I think, in navy blue also easy on the eyes.

Catching up on racing on eurosport this evening, track and road. Mikel Landa crashed and broke a collar bone in the racing in Mallorca today, ****ty start to the season after a ****ty end to last season for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Pretty accurate

God those Peleton ads are bloody annoying. My partner is always saying I should go to spin class while she's in the gym but my experience of a half hour on a borrowed turbo last year made me aware that being on a stationary bike is not at all fun for me, but at least with that you don't have some arsehole telling you you smashed it. Is that what a spin class is like? The Peleton ad? I'd fall of the bloody bike laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

God those Peleton ads are bloody annoying. My partner is always saying I should go to spin class while she's in the gym but my experience of a half hour on a borrowed turbo last year made me aware that being on a stationary bike is not at all fun for me, but at least with that you don't have some arsehole telling you you smashed it. Is that what a spin class is like? The Peleton ad? I'd fall of the bloody bike laughing :D

Wait til SoulCycle really hits here

Wait til SoulCycle really hits here

Had to look them up as I'd not heard of it.

From their site, this does not sound like a bike "ride" :p
    The Class
    Your time to clip in, connect and let go.
    In a dim, candlelit room led by inspiring instructors, you surrender to the beat of the music and get lost in the energy of the room. You move, you ride, and you push towards the finish line - together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Had to look them up as I'd not heard of it.

From their site, this does not sound like a bike "ride" :p

<insert **** gesture gif here>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Only noticed this on-ramp to the cycle lane in the Phoenix Park this morning: https://goo.gl/maps/DoPKiaoY3Tm

I have a positive vibe about infrastructure for once! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

buffalo wrote: »
    Only noticed this on-ramp to the cycle lane in the Phoenix Park this morning: https://goo.gl/maps/DoPKiaoY3Tm

I have a positive vibe about infrastructure for once! :D

I presume it’s usually blocked by cars parked up.

I presume it’s usually blocked by cars parked up.

oh. Yeah, that's actually probably true. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

buffalo wrote: »
    oh. Yeah, that's actually probably true. :(

Also, given the pathway between the cycletrack and footpath, I presume it was put there for the benefit of people walking from their cars to the footpath.

Edit: there is also a dead rodent in that streetview link!

I really want a set of Cosmic Carbones, they just look so good and I think they'll suit my LOOK.

Aggghhh so many wants but I decided not to buy anything until after April, this fight is costing a fair whack between training, extra training and even have to have an MRI to be cleared by SafeMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

...have an MRI to be cleared by SafeMMA

:eek:

Do you have one after as well?

daragh_ wrote: »
    :eek:

Do you have one after as well?

I won't be needing one :pac::pac:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This is a new one, I was only using the bus lane so I could get to see the nurses on strike.
    Footage of Mr Healy-Rae’s Skoda shows him travelling along the Naas Road towards the city. It was filmed by a passenger travelling in a taxi this morning.

Mr Healy-Rae said he was travelling to the Coombe Hospital when he was filmed.

He said he left Kerry at 4.50am this morning, before nurses took to picket lines at 8am.

"This morning I was in a bad predicament. I wanted to go to the nurses this morning but I couldn’t because when I left Kerry there were no nurses on strike in Kerry," he told Independent.ie after seeing the footage.

"I wanted to call to a hospital to meet nurses, which I did at the Coombe.

"At that time I was looking for a place to pull in my car, within walking distance of the Coombe. I wanted to be able to jump out of the car and go to the nurses so that I would be able to meet people with Kerry connections working as nurses and midwives at the Coombe."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-wanted-to-be-able-to-jump-out-of-the-car-and-go-to-the-nurses-michael-healy-rae-defends-driving-in-bus-lane-37784658.html

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »

It's usually Danny causing silly headlines, this fella seems far more shred. Still, funny to see excuses and no apology

he's quite a distance from the coombe there. he must like walking a lot.

he's quite a distance from the coombe there. he must like walking a lot.

All he was doing was his best.. So were the rest of the poor feckers sitting in traffic trying to get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Wow. I didn’t realise there are no hospitals the whole way from Kerry to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭secman

Saw Danny just before Christmas in his Skoda estate, , his name all over the car, wearing the cap in the car, zooming up the bus lane, on the section of road from long mile road to Crumlin hospital, he flew past the hospital as no nurses on strike back then, probably zoomed down the bus lane to the coombe hospital too. Arrogance of him , as its SO obviously him, he's splattered all over the car !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I don't mind TD's using the bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hungrycol wrote: »

I do mind TDs breaking the law and coming up with comical "good deed" excuses.

Reminds me of myself going into work late and taking the piss saying I was on the way in and happened upon a burning orphanage and had to help put it out after rescuing all the kids.

He should give himself ample time to arrive to work on time.

that's a weird one. why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭secman

Sure whilst we are at it , no way should they be subject to drink driving laws and let's throw in no speed limits too :) after all they are a superior species to us mere mortals !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

that's a weird one. why not?

Well Taxi Drivers have always been allowed :pac:

Advertisement