Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

their is a lobby group of rich oil magnets, who will run ads warning people that their tax dollars will be wasted on mass transit, if you have netflix worth watching patriots act.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I have a bike to work coming up and I'm thinking of holding on to it until Decathlon gets set up in Dublin, maybe get a nice Btwin. Good idea or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I have a bike to work coming up and I'm thinking of holding on to it until Decathlon gets set up in Dublin, maybe get a nice Btwin. Good idea or bad?

You can use them online now, I got mine from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

You can use them online now, I got mine from them.

My work doesn't include them in their approved list I think although I can look more into that.
    They seem to have a few nice models there anyway, I suppose I could go to Belfast to try a few out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My work doesn't include them in their approved list I think although I can look more into that.
    They seem to have a few nice models there anyway, I suppose I could go to Belfast to try a few out.

There is your answer, if they won't buy from Decathlon now, will they buy from them when there is a shop in Dublin, is it run through a scheme (Decathalon unlikely to accept schemes etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

"First to see will buy" always outs me off an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Weepsie wrote: »
    "First to see will buy" always outs me off an ad.
    This ad has been viewed 257 times....

Getting to be spider time of year, the dog saw to a lad this evening who was so big you could hear him scuttling on the wooden floor :eek:

Dread to think whats luring down in the shed with the bikes, cleared a few webs from mine a few times this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Getting to be spider time of year, the dog saw to a lad this evening who was so big you could hear him scuttling on the wooden floor :eek:

Dread to think whats luring down in the shed with the bikes, cleared a few webs from mine a few times this week.

Noooooooo! I like to keep some in every room for protection. I figure if I have one or two civilised specimens they'll keep the rest out :o
    I still shudder after Big Spider Year. I went to hoover one and it was too big and heavy for the headless hoover noozle. The noise of them moving across carpet.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

• Advertisement

Normally I'm not bothered by them, but they other morning I bent down to put stuff in the laundry basket and felt a web on my forehead , the basket is next to the bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i put a pair of work gloves on earlier, which i hadn't worn in months, and half an hour later, pulled them off and wondered 'why is there a spider squashed on the end of my finger' for a second or two till i copped.

:eek:
    The pair of you.

I'm not sleeping tonight.

I have named the spiders that live in each room of my flat though :o it's less scary that way :o
    Although I had to kill Jennifer in the bathroom. The rules are we stay out of each other's way.
    She jumps down into the sink.
    It took two downing attempts and both plug and duct tape to secure the sink.
    I still feel guilty :(

i found this lovely lady in the front garden recently. my hand is only a few inches behind her, so you get a reasonably accurate sense of scale.

490117.jpg

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAahhhhhhggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Simple rule with spiders: If they leave me alone, I leave them alone. If they cross me, they die.

Once got woken by a spider crawling up my arm. That ended like the scene from Dr. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

We used to have a silverfish problem in an old apartment I lived in for a few years, but once I stopped killing bathroom spiders I never saw them again, so I've learned to like them ever since!

Hate spiders because I've been terrified of them since I was a kid. I think they are amazing though, and from a distance could watch them as they spin webs and go about their business. The intricacy they are capable of is incredible.

We also had a bad silverfish problem in our apartment, and that apartment was nearly free of spiders the entire time I was there.

My new house is full of them. Spindly guys are allowed stay, but the big bodied ones can go away.

you should check out collie ennis's twitter feed, he's got a load of pet spiders (among other things), including a tarantula who's over 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

eeeee wrote: »
    I have named the spiders that live in each room of my flat though :o it's less scary that way :o
    Although I had to kill Jennifer in the bathroom. The rules are we stay out of each other's way.

Poor Jennifer. *bows head*

I have the spider evicting duty at home. They get caught in a glass and carefully released in the grass on the roadside...

• Advertisement

years ago, my wife was reading in bed and heard a quiet tapping noise - it took her a minute or two to find the source, but it was a rather large spider repeatedly pulling on the flex for the bedside lamp and letting it fall back against the wall.

I think they are amazing though, and from a distance could watch them as they spin webs and go about their business.
    https://twitter.com/marakat/status/1172056357903712257

second link is adulterated, add the h back in if you're not scared of spiders.

ttps://twitter.com/collieennis/status/1172054889964462081

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Poor Jennifer. *bows head*

I still feel guilty :( !
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    I have the spider evicting duty at home. They get caught in a glass and carefully released in the grass on the roadside...

Definitely the way to go. Only works on flat surfaces though...

I had a little mouse I'm my flat once. They were absolutely adorable. I named them :o then they started bringing a friend over. I got one of those plug in anti mouse things and they left. I felt soooooo guilty. But they were up on the counters and everything.
    Fast forward two years and little mouseling (offspring I'm guessing) is back. I got them in a humane mouse trap with some chocolate.
    The guilt at the evictions :( putting them outinti the cold :( !
    They're so cute though. I entertained notions of taming them and keeping them as a pet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Apparently if you bhave mice it means you don't have rats. We always need to be careful about rats where I live, I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the canal yet my neighbour thinks it's ok to throw food into the middle of the cul-de-sac for 'de burds'. Yeah mate, birds love your leftover curry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

:eek:
    The pair of you.

I'm not sleeping tonight.

Burial at sea is always appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yeah mate, birds love your leftover curry
    My cat spent dinner time staring at me and trying to get at my plate. So when just about finished I put it down and let her at it.
    Licked the plate clean.
    The cat likes vegetarian Thai green curry.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Burial at sea is always appropriate.

:eek: :eek:

I couldn't release mouseling to a watery death!
    Instead, like a proper eejit, I released them 20 metres from my flat into the park *facepalm* .
    I wasn't entirely sure they walked into the trap, and initial emptying attempts proved fruitless.
    So I looked inside and saw two little beady eyes looking at me and then shook them out.
    After some confused grass based scurrying, they made for the nearest wall.
    10m from my flat :o

I also have neighbours who empty their dinner plates straight out onto the square to 'feed the pigeons'. They don't seem to realise rats exist.
    There are a couple of foxes who take up residence at night. I'm really hoping they're on the rats, as I haven't seen any rats tbf.
    I have so far resisted naming them.
    It hasn't been easy. :pac:

Poor little mouseling. I hope they're ok :o

years ago, my wife was reading in bed and heard a quiet tapping noise - it took her a minute or two to find the source, but it was a rather large spider repeatedly pulling on the flex for the bedside lamp and letting it fall back against the wall.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

:eek: :eek:

I also have neighbours who empty their dinner plates straight out onto the square to 'feed the pigeons'.

Do you live beside Phil Daniels? If they start feeding the sparrows too, I suspect so.

• Advertisement

Do you live beside Phil Daniels? If they start feeding the sparrows too, I suspect so.

Who's Phil daniels?

Advertisement